Team Mode now on for hosters.

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Team Mode now on for hosters.

Postby Innti » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:17 am

Code: Select all
This game is created by Fenglee, I admit to modding this game mode for our hosters expectations. However, we will not distribute the client as it is unique to us, so please don't ask us for it. We also respect the creator of game and do not want to drive players away from playing the game at his website.

Team Mode
PICTURES OF FIRST NIGHT
top rightside

top left

Whole picture

2ND NIGHT END GAME MODE WORKING
End game photos

Have an option in the current map where the players are split into two teams!
Players are divided into two auto-balanced groups and is the color of their name is changed to Cyan or Magenta depending on the team they are in.

Assist Points
Save a player in danger of a Titans grasp and earn points!
If one player gets grabbed by a Titan and cannot escape and another player kills the Titan in time, they gain a small reward for helping their teammate.
It adds a point to the assist points, so at the end you can see how many people you saved....YOU CAN BE THE NEXT SUPERMAN!

Notices
- Eren is unable to be used in the game. This is not a bug, but its intentional as it ruins game experiences for others.
- You will not spawn until starts of rounds.

Rules
Ignoring these rules will get you banned. Yes, we can ban your IP to prevent you from playing in these servers. If you want to push it, we`ll ban your IP range to permanently get rid of you.
- Be respectful to others. You don`t need to like them, but don`t be an asshole for it.
- Moderators has the final call in arguments, please listen to them. If problems still occur, contact the Admin.
- Do not use game breaking mods in the game.
- Do not advertise modded clients.
- Don't spam to a point that bothers others in the game.

WE WILL NOT DISTRIBUTE, DO NOT DISTRIBUTE IN CHAT EITHER
I have permission from Accelevi, if any moderators see something in here that is bad please contact me after changing it.

Side note, this will be up in a few days, this announcement is just to inform people to be ready lol. And to make any last min suggestions into the game mode. To find which server are going to be using this these are Bogsy's and other hoster under Bogsy that will be using this, please visit the thread viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7318 to find the ips and ports.

Second Side note for my skype that blew up on auto balance. It will balance based on kills and deaths so potentially you can have one super player vs 4 average
example 1 player in a round gets 80 kills, 4 other players get 20 kills each
the teams would balance at super player vs 4 other players

Third Side note, suggested by TreeLegendary, that on the very first round it is 5 min preliminary round and then starts a round with already balanced teams. This will be added later.

FAQ
Will my points stay throughout the rounds?

Each new round will re balance and after rebalancing delete the points you have acumalated.

What happens if one team dies?

If one team completely dies, the game will show a results page and restart and re balance a new round.

Azure Sky wrote:Also (last question probably) when a player joins mid round will they be joined into the weaker team or something along those lines or will they be put into 9000 view and wait untill the next round?

The latter, just like how the servers that are hosting this normally work, if you disconnect and reconnect you get 9000 and are not put into spawning or a team until next round.

Examples
Azure Sky wrote:Interesting, seems like it will be really fun.
Will the team balance be throughout the round or just at the beginning?
If it is throughout then will you loose your kills and assit points?
[/quote]
Every new round. So every win it re balances and every loss it balances.
Example since its the start of the first round everyone is randomized into teams with 2 players on each team (possibly could make it have as many teams as i want, idk if thats good or not)
Team 1
Player magenta 1 has 75 kills 3 deaths
Player magenta 2 2 has 80 kills 0 deaths
Team 2
Player cyan 1 has 2 kills 8 deaths
Player cyan 2 2 has 18 kills 5 deaths

on the next round since they all died at wave 11 it would change to

Team 1 has
Player magenta 2
Player cyan 1
Team 2 has
Player magenta 1
Player cyan 2.

Like a round is not when the timer goes down.

Hopefully Future
Senpai wrote:Well @Innti
maybe you could add a tourney creator, to make tournaments easier to make/manage.
Spoiler:

like have teams in one slot, when they finish their match, next teams go.

and a spectator mode, so tournaments like the one khally made could be easier to do.

even though it can be done already without the suggestion, it's just a thought.

I don't know if i could let people spectate without lagging horribly( could put a different program inside of the modded server that spits out statistics and a multiple cameras, that are running in game to watch everyone and make my own program to move through the camers)or the hoster of the server is just streaming to twitch with constant rotations of the camera. but I could make fast injections so their are teams ready to go and Then once the round is over it ejects the old teams that just played pre made team and reads the next data file. So all the people have to do is click join within 30 secs and they are in predefined teams that were set up before the server was created so no rebalancing for people going head to head to a different team.

Credits for this beautiful and detailed thread goes to Bogsy
Last edited by Innti on Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:59 am, edited 32 times in total.
Innti

Re: Try Out Team Mode Soon ^.^

Postby Kami-Sama » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:35 am

Can't wait to check this out.
Kami-Sama

Postby Maria » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:22 am

Omg Innti,

You're so amazing and awesome and cool and wonderful. Thanks for being so nice to me in the newbie forums. I wish one day, I can be as great as you. I wish I can madly code for days and days and be so passionate about something. I bet your typing is mighty fast too. It's so fantastic you can do all of these mods for the game with words and letter and symbols. I bet your determination was strong and you must be so nice.

Yes finally assist points works because of you. Everything is better with you.

Ah...so much excitement to play this. So much excitement to play with you. I will always be respectful to you because you have done so much. I really appreciate it but do take a break sometimes ok?

I have been on Bogsy's and Marco's servers, they are cool too. However, not as cool or awesome as you.

You're just awesome, thanks for all your hard work. Please don't work too hard.
Maria

Postby Innti » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:25 am

Kami-Sama wrote:Can't wait to check this out.

>.> can't wait to see you go 1v8
Maria wrote:Omg Innti,

You're so amazing and awesome and cool and wonderful. Thanks for being so nice to me in the newbie forums. I wish one day, I can be as great as you. I wish I can madly code for days and days and be so passionate about something. I bet your typing is mighty fast too. It's so fantastic you can do all of these mods for the game with words and letter and symbols. I bet your determination was strong and you must be so nice.

Yes finally assist points works because of you. Everything is better with you.

Ah...so much excitement to play this. So much excitement to play with you. I will always be respectful to you because you have done so much. I really appreciate it but do take a break sometimes ok?

I have been on Bogsy's and Marco's servers, they are cool too. However, not as cool or awesome as you.

You're just awesome, thanks for all your hard work. Please don't work too hard.

Oh my....thanks ^.^ it was fun talking to you on the newbie threads too. I'm glad I can help make the game better. Hope you have fun with the new game mode!
Innti

Postby Azure Sky » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:55 am

Interesting, seems like it will be really fun.
Azure Sky

Postby Peanuts » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:57 am

Wow, I can't wait to try it, hope connection won't be too bad tho :P
Peanuts

Postby Innti » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:03 am

Azure Sky wrote:Interesting, seems like it will be really fun.

Every new round. So every win it re balances and every loss it balances.
Example since its the start of the first round everyone is randomized into teams with 2 players on each team (possibly could make it have as many teams as i want, idk if thats a future idea or not)
Team 1
Player magenta 1 has 75 kills 3 deaths
Player magenta 2 2 has 80 kills 0 deaths
Team 2
Player cyan 1 has 2 kills 8 deaths
Player cyan 2 2 has 18 kills 5 deaths

on the next round since they all died at wave 11 it would change to

Team 1 has
Player magenta 2
Player cyan 1
Team 2 has
Player magenta 1
Player cyan 2.

Like a round is not when the timer goes down.

Peanuts wrote:Wow, I can't wait to try it, hope connection won't be too bad tho :P

We currently have 2 us servers and one Eu server. Adding 2 more Eu servers and 1 usa server.
So 3 in the US and 3 in the EU located in various parts.
Can't wait to see you there ^.^
Innti

Postby Azure Sky » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:30 am

Also (last question probably) when a player joins mid round will they be joined into the weaker team or something along those lines or will they be put into 9000 view and wait untill the next round?
Azure Sky

Postby Innti » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:32 am

Azure Sky wrote:Also (last question probably) when a player joins mid round will they be joined into the weaker team or something along those lines or will they be put into 9000 view and wait untill the next round?

The latter, just like how the servers that are hosting this normally work, if you disconnect and reconnect you get 9000 and are not put into spawning or a team until next round. Currently working on it so that even when they 9000 they can still change cameras to see different people.
Innti

Postby Azure Sky » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:37 am

So we can actually watch instead of sitting there looking at little lines and titans walking... you are so cool d00d.
Anyway I hopethis will turn out fun it seems, can't wait to play.
Azure Sky

Next

Return to General Discussion