Crawlers on Higher Waves

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Crawlers on Higher Waves

Postby [aVc]RYO » Sat May 03, 2014 9:00 am

Miracle wrote:If crawler should be off because everyone don't like it, probably every new titan that feng add in the future need to be toggle-able. On the second thought, new titan type shouldn't be added anyway, it disrupts current player's flow.

I like your sarcasm
[aVc]RYO

Postby Noodler » Sat May 03, 2014 11:00 am

Miracle wrote:If crawler should be off because everyone don't like it, probably every new titan that feng add in the future need to be toggle-able. On the second thought, new titan type shouldn't be added anyway, it disrupts current player's flow.

How assumptious.
Maybe if the next titan's weak spot isn't stupid as hell to get to without slowly falling while it's not moving, it wouldn't.
Noodler

Postby Blackmill » Sat May 03, 2014 11:40 am

I don't care about crawlers spawning later on, what pisses me off is the ultra small hitbox
Blackmill

Postby Terramort » Sat May 03, 2014 12:06 pm

The problem with crawlers is the limited methods to deal with them, combined with their ability to kill you with massive hitboxes. It feels like you aren't supposed to have much of a chance against them. The three biggest problems being: the lack of controls enabling you to get to their nape, two crawlers of dieter sizes, and crawlers that spawn kill you. Each has a fairly easy solution I think that won't change the dynamics of the game, but give players the tools they need while still being fair.

- allow camera angles to aim strait up and down. Players can then create various techniques to deal with crawlers without being forced to hang on a wall or preemptively strike with 100% accuracy. It would also give a slight buff to Mikasa's outdated special.

- have crawlers crawl at regular titan walking speed until they are within 150 feet of any player. Then they won't all swarm at the exact same time, giving players a few precious seconds to do something.

- have titans enter from the edge of the forest, so beginning of the wave lag + spawn jumpers don't kill you before you can even do anything.
Terramort

Postby Noodler » Sat May 03, 2014 12:16 pm

Terramort wrote:The problem with crawlers is the limited methods to deal with them, combined with their ability to kill you with massive hitboxes. It feels like you aren't supposed to have much of a chance against them. The three biggest problems being: the lack of controls enabling you to get to their nape, two crawlers of dieter sizes, and crawlers that spawn kill you. Each has a fairly easy solution I think that won't change the dynamics of the game, but give players the tools they need while still being fair.

- allow camera angles to aim strait up and down. Players can then create various techniques to deal with crawlers without being forced to hang on a wall or preemptively strike with 100% accuracy. It would also give a slight buff to Mikasa's outdated special.

- have crawlers crawl at regular titan walking speed until they are within 150 feet of any player. Then they won't all swarm at the exact same time, giving players a few precious seconds to do something.

- have titans enter from the edge of the forest, so beginning of the wave lag + spawn jumpers don't kill you before you can even do anything.

These are all very good, but I feel like crawlers need a speed nerf in general.
It's silly that unless you place yourself midair well, they either jump you like a bullet, or bop you into the air and then jump you like a bullet.
Crawlers hardly have any weaknesses, which is annoying as hell to deal with, rather than challenging.
Noodler

Postby Aknolses » Sat May 03, 2014 2:25 pm

I like how when you try to kill crawlers using the treehugging thing,
they sometimes crawl up the tree.
Aknolses

Postby Accelevi » Sat May 03, 2014 3:41 pm

No to speed nerf.
Spawn chance is 5%.
Always at full speed.
Always spawn at forest edge.

If you don't like it for being forced on you, well, sucks.
It's a way to make players get better, and not just be lazy.

herp derp i dun likoe reel life lemme mod it

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Noodler » Sat May 03, 2014 4:49 pm

Videogames =/= real life
How in the world do I improve by killing crawlers? Have you even seen one before?
I play for fun, not to become goddamn pro as fuck, so let me just get some actual cool kills, rather than hanging on a tree?
Don't even tell me to learn new ways to kill it, because it's a hilarious argument.
Noodler

Postby Miracle » Sat May 03, 2014 6:25 pm

Noodler wrote:Videogames =/= real life
How in the world do I improve by killing crawlers? Have you even seen one before?
I play for fun, not to become goddamn pro as fuck, so let me just get some actual cool kills, rather than hanging on a tree?
Don't even tell me to learn new ways to kill it, because it's a hilarious argument.

Miracle

Postby Innti » Sat May 03, 2014 6:27 pm

Shots have been fired
Innti

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion