Crawlers on Higher Waves

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Crawlers on Higher Waves

Postby Noodler » Sat May 03, 2014 9:58 pm

You of all people should know that I've played tons and tons of abnormal, and I've always tried to kill crawlers in diverse ways, and none of them ever became consistent.
Same with speedruns. I've tried to pull out completely new moves on crawlers to secure a good time. The only one which I've gotten remotely consistent with is sniping them before they notice me, which is not an option when playing waves.
Don't pull facts out of thin air.
Noodler

Postby Accelevi » Sat May 03, 2014 10:01 pm

I never said you didn't play tons of Abnormal.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Terramort » Sat May 03, 2014 10:53 pm

Accelevi wrote:Since when is this game made for it to be a cakewalk?
There are going to be things you don't like, get over it.

Oh, to the real life =/= videogame, OH I'M SO SORRY, I FORGOT TO SAY IT'S SIMULATING SNK-VERSE'S "REAL LIFE"

Then shouldn't the players have the same tools they do in AoT's universe? And shouldn't Titans follow the rules of said universe? On one hand, we ask for gas dodges and the ability to aim straight up\down in order to combat Titans that use moves never seen in AoT, and get told it's a game, not an AoT simulator. Then we say, OK, at least nerf some things never seen in AoT (jumpers that leap over Wall Shinra), and are told this game is meant to be a simulator of AoT's brutality. I'm a bit confused on your stance on the subject.

Anyway, if you look at suggestions 'as a whole', I think you'll see we 'don't' want a cake walk. We just feel there are other ways to make the game difficult besides dying over and over. Such as fall damage and Titan HP. We want difficult, not frustrating. If you haven't already, please watch Extra Credits video on Difficult vs. Punishing. It's easy to make a frustrating, punishing game, but that is not fun. What's fun is a challenge where you can think back and see what you could have done different, learning to overcome challenges.
Terramort

Postby Accelevi » Sun May 04, 2014 1:33 am

I never said anything against looking straight up and down.
And sure, if you have gas dodges, have things to counter gas dodges.
And I do support nerfing/changing ridiculous things like that.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Senpai » Sun May 04, 2014 5:34 am

Just have different difficulties have different crawlers.

Spoiler:
hell mode can be the accellevi expectation of, super speed, jumps at you while hanging from tree, 500 hp+regen 1 second

and the rest of the difficulties can have modified crawlers, maybe no crawlers at all, like ex: easy mode=cakewalk.

hard=no jumping, runs normally, regen 300 2-3 hits allowed

normal=same as above but no regen

etc.

>every difficulty should have crawlers on high waves (aot sim)

>we can't even have dodge bursts that wastes all gas in two bursts, only for hell mode (game)
Senpai

Previous

Return to General Discussion