Current Thoughts on PvP

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Current Thoughts on PvP

Postby TheGreatJedi » Fri May 02, 2014 4:44 pm

Noodler wrote:Every goddamn character is useless then.

No.
For some reason
Every Character special became more useful
Mikasa can kill a PVP titan after it slammed in the ground with her skill
Petra can use her skill to rocket herself into the Titans back when they are about to land after jumping (Just Timing)
Levi can use his skill to escape and equator cut because of his speed
Jean?. Nah just use vector equator cut
Armin? nope his skill won't work against those titans
Marco? Same as Armin

And you can't even Blind Human Titans
TheGreatJedi

Postby Terminus » Fri May 02, 2014 5:10 pm

TheGreatJedi wrote:

No.
For some reason
Petra can use her skill to rocket herself into the Titans back when they are about to land after jumping (Just Timing)
Marco? Same as Armin

I was playing with an Armin, and his special actually did work on the PT (iirc).
Terminus

Postby higurashimerlin » Fri May 02, 2014 5:20 pm

You can blind human titans. I know because I did it earlier.
higurashimerlin

Postby Noodler » Fri May 02, 2014 5:33 pm

TheGreatJedi wrote:

No.
For some reason
Marco? Same as Armin

Petra and Levi are slightly useful, since you can burst upwards with their specials for some reason.
I don't see why you'd use Mikasa's special. If you're far up, it's not gonna even land. If you're not, you're probably better off just doing it normally. If anything, it's not particularly useful.

How do you even equator with Levi's special? It's not a pendulum.
Noodler

Postby TheGreatJedi » Fri May 02, 2014 6:09 pm

higurashimerlin wrote:You can blind human titans. I know because I did it earlier.

Your right You can blind them but the problem is when they move the hitbox got scrambled making it almost impossible

Armin special will not work since when you are about to use it they can use their attack fast before you complete the Armin dance

Levi Speed is perfect for fast equator if failed you can use his skill as substitute hook when you use two at a time

Sasha skill is perfect for anti trolling or for aggro since Human titans love spamming belly flop sasha will disturb them

Mikasa skill
i use it when i'm hooked and near the nape and they belly flop so that when they stand it will meet up with my blade

Here is my tactics

Sasha will aggro titans after potato buff
Titans will chase sasha
Armin will wait at the side use his skill when titans and sasha is approaching
so the time the titan is near him the dance is complete
then two or more at the side of the building commence an attack

and armin and sasha will aim for their eyes just as when they commence the attack
so incase the attack failed
they are blinded causing a second chance

You can just try to hook their nape and reel
if they move spam reel and gas to chase their nape and spam your blade attack

Perfectly works
Last edited by TheGreatJedi on Fri May 02, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheGreatJedi

Postby Eruner » Fri May 02, 2014 6:12 pm

TheGreatJedi - what about Sasha?
Eruner

Postby Arise7 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:17 pm

I like how PVP titans work, my only suggestion is to nerf all of their speed. At the moment the larger ones they outrun 3dmg gear which should not be the case, you shouldn't have to do a full speed reel just to even pull yourself towards them. I would go with a 50% run speed nerf on all of them. Their attacks should also have a short cooldown so they cannot just spam them continuously.
Arise7

Postby crystalolololol » Sun May 04, 2014 10:22 pm

Well I like it! It makes the game more challenging. And as if it already wasn't. Sometimes yeah I won't lie I get really infuriated when you got a titan player just spamming their body slam and flopping on the ground like the whales they are. But it's really heart pounding if you hook onto one and hang on for dear life. Then once you finally kill one, you feel amazing. Well I do anyway. 8-) And I honestly enjoy myself! I'm kinda glad Feng added this into the update!...sometimes.

But if there's anything I wish could happen is having a stamina bar (yeah, pretty sure y'all had this coming). I mean, all the aberrants get tired after body slamming quite a bit. Maybe like after 3 consecutive slams, they should become exhausted.

It's also kinda of creepy how they can camouflage as one of the regular titans by walking slowly.
crystalolololol

Postby Doki » Mon May 05, 2014 11:20 am

TheGreatJedi wrote:Armin special will not work since when you are about to use it they can use their attack fast before you complete the Armin dance

Then don't be dumb and approach a titan from their blind spot and use it while they're not looking. Or when a player is hooked on them and the titan-player is too busy running around. Or time it to have the dance end just as they get up from a slam or a 3-slap. Titan players aren't dumb(or you should at least assume they're not), they can usually see through weak baiting tactics, like using a Sasha to guide them towards a certain area, so it's much easier to just, you know, try to just get them by surprise. Usually they're too busy having fun killing newbie players to notice an Armin user dancing near them. Hell, most people don't even know what Armin's dance even does, so it's very easy to get some by surprise, even more the ones playing tiny titans, which can't see you dancing at a rooftop or a branch.
Doki

Postby DarioEMeloD » Mon May 05, 2014 4:07 pm

Sometimes I hide in the small corridors between the buildings when a player titan is nearby, it's super easy to surprise them there, you just have to be careful not to be seen (stay low).

Also, it's not that difficult to tell Players from AI titans, even if they're acting perfectly. Players can't turn 90°, for example.

It gets boring so quickly when there are no titan players...
DarioEMeloD

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion