Current Thoughts on PvP

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Current Thoughts on PvP

Postby Lorickx » Thu May 08, 2014 7:22 am

Being honest, I've played as a human and as a Titan extensively (My in game name is Sanzax, couldn't end up getting my forum account connected) and there are serious lag issues on both sides. While it's true sometimes I get free stretch arm strong weird hit box kills, or my dust clouds from my flop suddenly become anthrax, the opposite can also be the case. Several times I've landed lethal karate chops that did nothing AND they just noclipped through my chest straight to my nape! Just like that, I'm dead. Sometimes my belly flops will land on top of players and do NOTHING. Sometimes humans will hook onto my nape...but their hooks are attached to air 10 feet away from my nape, and they're slicing air behind me and getting red marks and I suddenly die when they were nowhere near me. It's clear multiplayer has a lot of lag issues, and admittedly it is MUCH easier to play well as a titan than it is to play as a human, however this problem goes both ways.

(Note, When I'm just bad and I get wrecked for being a scrub I can totally accept that. Losing in a fair fight against one human is totally reasonable. But when they fly directly at my chest and just push through into my nape and I die for no reason, that's annoying.)
Lorickx
 

 

Re: Current Thoughts on PvP

Postby BSC » Thu May 08, 2014 7:38 am

Lorickx wrote:Being honest, I've played as a human and as a Titan extensively (My in game name is Sanzax, couldn't end up getting my forum account connected) and there are serious lag issues on both sides. While it's true sometimes I get free stretch arm strong weird hit box kills, or my dust clouds from my flop suddenly become anthrax, the opposite can also be the case. Several times I've landed lethal karate chops that did nothing AND they just noclipped through my chest straight to my nape! Just like that, I'm dead. Sometimes my belly flops will land on top of players and do NOTHING. Sometimes humans will hook onto my nape...but their hooks are attached to air 10 feet away from my nape, and they're slicing air behind me and getting red marks and I suddenly die when they were nowhere near me. It's clear multiplayer has a lot of lag issues, and admittedly it is MUCH easier to play well as a titan than it is to play as a human, however this problem goes both ways.

(Note, When I'm just bad and I get wrecked for being a scrub I can totally accept that. Losing in a fair fight against one human is totally reasonable. But when they fly directly at my chest and just push through into my nape and I die for no reason, that's annoying.)


Yeah I do agree that the lag affects both sides as well as how Titans have the advantage in the issue. The problem is that PT's can kill humans far more easier than humans can to PT. The risk rate is dramatically more higher than that of PT's in general but throw in some server lag and spikes and there's definitely a division of 0 happening there.
BSC
 

Re: Current Thoughts on PvP

Postby Lorickx » Thu May 08, 2014 7:46 am

It's likely just a latency issue that's causing some issues between players with different ping. I will admit however that I've died more times to weird random magnet hand kills as a human than I have died to laggy long distance slashes as a titan. Though there are some very good titan players that can angle their karate chops well, it's never fun to die a death that you don't feel is deserved. Obviously though that rides the line because it depends on players actually being honest about whether they screwed up or if it was just lag.
Lorickx
 

Re: Current Thoughts on PvP

Postby The Rogue Titan » Thu May 08, 2014 8:03 am

It does affect both sides, but I feel like the oversized hitboxes are more of an issue that the ghost hits. It is very annoying, but being body slammed 50 ft away is so damn enraging that it ruins my entire mood.
Image
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
User avatar
The Rogue Titan
Moderator
 
Posts: 1716
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:02 pm
Location: In the blood of Eren Jaeger.
Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Re: Current Thoughts on PvP

Postby HibikiKuraii » Thu May 08, 2014 5:01 pm

A7X Rogue Titan wrote:It does affect both sides, but I feel like the oversized hitboxes are more of an issue that the ghost hits. It is very annoying, but being body slammed 50 ft away is so damn enraging that it ruins my entire mood.


Agreed, that's kind of why I'm just waiting awhile to play multiplayer on the new update.
HibikiKuraii
 

Re: Current Thoughts on PvP

Postby The Rogue Titan » Thu May 08, 2014 10:04 pm

HibikiKuraii wrote:
A7X Rogue Titan wrote:It does affect both sides, but I feel like the oversized hitboxes are more of an issue that the ghost hits. It is very annoying, but being body slammed 50 ft away is so damn enraging that it ruins my entire mood.


Agreed, that's kind of why I'm just waiting awhile to play multiplayer on the new update.


I wish I could stay away but it is so god damned exciting. Even though PvP has it's flaws, for the most part it's fun.
Image
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
User avatar
The Rogue Titan
Moderator
 
Posts: 1716
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:02 pm
Location: In the blood of Eren Jaeger.
Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest