Are player titans OP?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Are player titans OP?

Postby Senpai » Thu May 15, 2014 2:09 am

yeah I think pvp would work more better if it was just changed into infected.
that way there's a reason to stay after you die.

I guess deviant turning speed is ok, but super annoying, but definitely lolno to normal turning speed for crawlers if ppl can use them later on.
Senpai
 

 

Re: Are player titans OP?

Postby Liduso » Thu May 15, 2014 2:13 am

Senpai wrote:yeah I think pvp would work more better if it was just changed into infected.
that way there's a reason to stay after you die.

I guess deviant turning speed is ok, but super annoying, but definitely lolno to normal turning speed for crawlers if ppl can use them later on.


I actually like the idea but the newcomer player titans should be like walkers or significantly slower. If you had 10 people all die suddenly you add 10 abherrent unpredictable titans against you, which seems rather ludicrous.
Liduso
 

Re: Are player titans OP?

Postby Senpai » Thu May 15, 2014 2:29 am

but that's kind of the point of infected lol.

at the point when pretty much everyone is infected the last ppl are going to get fucked super quick.

more infected = more guarantee of winning. kind of like a reward for infecting so many ppl.
Senpai
 

Re: Are player titans OP?

Postby Liduso » Thu May 15, 2014 2:44 am

Senpai wrote:but that's kind of the point of infected lol.

at the point when pretty much everyone is infected the last ppl are going to get fucked super quick.

more infected = more guarantee of winning. kind of like a reward for infecting so many ppl.


The difficulty curve would be so heavily skewered though.

In my experience, anyone can play titan but not everyone can play human. Giving them an instant swap to another team would just make being a human boring since inevitably titans are going to outnumber you not matter how many you whiter away.
Liduso
 

Re: Are player titans OP?

Postby BSC » Thu May 15, 2014 6:15 am

Liduso wrote:
Senpai wrote:but that's kind of the point of infected lol.

at the point when pretty much everyone is infected the last ppl are going to get fucked super quick.

more infected = more guarantee of winning. kind of like a reward for infecting so many ppl.


The difficulty curve would be so heavily skewered though.

In my experience, anyone can play titan but not everyone can play human. Giving them an instant swap to another team would just make being a human boring since inevitably titans are going to outnumber you not matter how many you whiter away.

Fair point though it wouldn't hurt to have a separate map that incorporates this idea. The map should be redesigned to have as little environmental models to reduce lag and very few AI Titans. Infection is a highly difficult game-type to play for AoTTG so what I would suggest is for a requirement for people to have: 100-200ish kills
- This encourages people to make accounts AND stick to one account
- Rules out absolute clueless players who don't even know how to kill titans

The concept can work and smooths out some lag issues with PT's that make them OP but is entirely up to the community to see where this is headed.
BSC
 

Re: Are player titans OP?

Postby The Rogue Titan » Thu May 15, 2014 8:27 am

I have a thread on a PvP infected gamemode in the game suggestions section. Discuss it there. This isn't the place for that.
Image
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
User avatar
The Rogue Titan
Moderator
 
Posts: 1716
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:02 pm
Location: In the blood of Eren Jaeger.
Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Re: Are player titans OP?

Postby Xezys » Thu May 15, 2014 11:29 pm

They are abberants in abnormal mode. That is the only explanation. :D
Xezys
 

Re: Are player titans OP?

Postby jojo342 » Sat May 17, 2014 3:32 pm

I disagree with the notion that player titans aren't OP. I think that player titans are OP but to an extent. When there are more than 1 player titans, the game is no longer fun in my opinion.

The game becomes a countdown; the human player wonders how many seconds he has left until the player titans body slam him


I think that the amount of player titans should be limited to at least 1 per match (maybe even two, but even then,I think that's a little too much.)I also think that when there are a lot of humans players on a map, (5-6 or more) then, and only then, should a newcomer have the option to be a player titan.

I don't think that player titans shouldn't exist, it's a great idea, but I believe it needs more regulation. For me, one player titan is enough.I was once in a server where there were at least 3 player titans in one server: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv6eIQqlj3A

Long story short it wasn't fun.
jojo342
 

Re: Are player titans OP?

Postby Ike » Sat May 17, 2014 3:56 pm

I don't think player titans are OP, or at least we should judge the situation when all of the game's bugs will be more or less repared
If a lot of player titans managed to be killed now, it's because people manage to kill them (thanks captain obvious)
There are a lot of way to dodge an attack or to kill a soldier, and it's because they can often dodge that is interesting to fight them
Noobies shouldn't be able to kill them easily, otherwise other modes haven't any interest for the most idiots among them, fighting player titans should be a "high" level of skill, so I think they are good like now !
Ike
 

Re: Are player titans OP?

Postby Eters » Sat May 17, 2014 4:02 pm

it's sure that player titans need some fixes , especially hitbox fixes and a bit of cooldowns on some attacks , (even though i found an exploitable weakness)
but still 1-2 titans per match isn't fair. i would rather see a quota (as i always suggest) 1 titan for every 4 humans?
human titans aren't easy to kill, they aren't made to be easy to kill , they shouldn't be easy to kill . and when they team up it becomes even more impossible to kill. that's why it's fun , it makes it different from the routine AI that you learn how to predict in like 5-10 min. it's different, you are facing another human , a miniboss , a shifter but no shifting abilities xD . so it should be hard . Think , workout strategies , teamup , and you will take him down . :O
Eters
 

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron