Are player titans OP?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Are player titans OP?

Postby jojo342 » Sat May 17, 2014 4:09 pm

Ike wrote:Noobies shouldn't be able to kill them easily, otherwise other modes haven't any interest for the most idiots among them, fighting player titans should be a "high" level of skill, so I think they are good like now !

But here's the problem, the game is meant for everyone regardless of skill. Maybe the game would be better if there were servers that would allow player titans, and ones that don't. Regular titans are enough of a challenge for beginners already.
jojo342

Postby Ike » Sat May 17, 2014 4:15 pm

I'm agree with Eters, there should be a quota, 1 titan for 4 soldier or 3 soldier, it's the best solution I think

Yeah Jojo, you're right, for me it was obvious unconsciously that there must be servers which permit player titans, and others which don't permit them. It should be a option when creating a server

Player titan every wave of Forest II and III :lol:
Ike

Postby Eters » Sat May 17, 2014 4:23 pm

forest II and III don't allow human titans. only forest and the city does,
that means maps with waves don't have human titans on them while maps with a limited number of titans have human titans enabled.
city only have 10 titans and forest only 5 titans so you can feel it was made for pvp .
Eters

Postby Accelevi » Sat May 17, 2014 4:31 pm

Player Titans hitboxes are a bit too large, and they're a bit fast at the moment, but it 's basically a step to getting better AI, which was much needed.
And Player Titans' speed/etc vary per difficulty level.
Completely cutting them out is stupid.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Noodler » Sat May 17, 2014 4:43 pm

We don't need a limit, nobody plays titan anyway.
Just let the extremely rare titan majorities exist, some people like them. If you don't, find another server, it's not like it's hard to find one with no titans at the moment.
Noodler

Postby Liduso » Sat May 17, 2014 9:57 pm

Accelevi wrote:Player Titans hitboxes are a bit too large, and they're a bit fast at the moment, but it 's basically a step to getting better AI, which was much needed.
And Player Titans' speed/etc vary per difficulty level.
Completely cutting them out is stupid.

By all means, please, make them larger lol. It's ridiculous even attempting to hit them. I realized after a while the best way to kill a P-titan was either with a descent or sneaking up on it.

jojo342 wrote:I disagree with the notion that player titans aren't OP. I think that player titans are OP but to an extent. When there are more than 1 player titans, the game is no longer fun in my opinion.

The game becomes a countdown; the human player wonders how many seconds he has left until the player titans body slam him

I think that the amount of player titans should be limited to at least 1 per match (maybe even two, but even then,I think that's a little too much.)I also think that when there are a lot of humans players on a map, (5-6 or more) then, and only then, should a newcomer have the option to be a player titan.

I don't think that player titans shouldn't exist, it's a great idea, but I believe it needs more regulation. For me, one player titan is enough.I was once in a server where there were at least 3 player titans in one server: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv6eIQqlj3A

Long story short it wasn't fun.

Idk man. After about a week of practice I can usually handle 2 P-titans by myself if they aren't spamming.

I think jump needs a CD nerf because the moment I latch nape everyone just starts jumping, and then the moment they die, they just disconnect.

Can we get like a limit on the DCs you can do as a P-titan? It's really lame when someone just leaves the moment they die after killing like 8 people willing to wait.
Liduso

Postby The Rogue Titan » Sat May 17, 2014 11:19 pm

jojo342 wrote:
Ike wrote:Noobies shouldn't be able to kill them easily, otherwise other modes haven't any interest for the most idiots among them, fighting player titans should be a "high" level of skill, so I think they are good like now !

But here's the problem, the game is meant for everyone regardless of skill. Maybe the game would be better if there were servers that would allow player titans, and ones that don't. Regular titans are enough of a challenge for beginners already.

The game is meant for everyone regardless of skill. That is dumb. The whole appeal of this game is to gain skill. The anime made it obvious that the unskilled die painful horrible deaths. So that's what it should be like.

PTs should be slightly nerfed, but Player Titans make the game a lot more fun, canon, and dynamic.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby jojo342 » Sun May 18, 2014 4:14 am

A7X Rogue Titan wrote:But here's the problem, the game is meant for everyone regardless of skill. Maybe the game would be better if there were servers that would allow player titans, and ones that don't. Regular titans are enough of a challenge for beginners already.

The game is meant for everyone regardless of skill. That is dumb. The whole appeal of this game is to gain skill. The anime made it obvious that the unskilled die painful horrible deaths. So that's what it should be like.

Yes, but people need to start somewhere to gain skill, having 4 player titans in a server won't help. Unless you're sadistic or you just like that sort of stuff.
jojo342

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Sun May 18, 2014 4:23 am

jojo342 wrote:
A7X Rogue Titan wrote:But here's the problem, the game is meant for everyone regardless of skill. Maybe the game would be better if there were servers that would allow player titans, and ones that don't. Regular titans are enough of a challenge for beginners already.

Yes, but people need to start somewhere to gain skill, having 4 player titans in a server won't help. Unless you're sadistic or you just like that sort of stuff.

Kinky. :lol: But anyways, if you need to gain skill, just play some solo. Easy.
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby Senpai » Sun May 18, 2014 4:55 am

I was under the impression PVP was a different game mode separated from normal multiplayer.

Which yeah I think it should. What if you want to do group speedruns? that would ruined by player titans mandatory regardless of difficulty scaling.

like innti's pvp is a good example.
Senpai

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion