Are player titans OP?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Are player titans OP?

Postby Zenku Arboless » Tue May 27, 2014 5:24 pm

The issue with the controllable jump comes in the form of 2 Things
1: They can now just easily land on building litterly taking away any sort of safe haven for Soldiers to try and kill them, being on the ground is instant death with the belly flops rediculous range + the Larger Titans faster than Levi Running speed. Not to mention their Shock wave and ability to kill you just by landing on you.
2: Now they can abuse that ability to slightly control their jump by jumping and magically using that jump to climb the wall, by jumping at the way and moving left/right they can climb the wall with their mouth open, making it almost impossible to kill them as they are climbing.
Zenku Arboless

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue May 27, 2014 5:39 pm

Zenku Arboless wrote:The issue with the controllable jump comes in the form of 2 Things
1: They can now just easily land on building litterly taking away any sort of safe haven for Soldiers to try and kill them, being on the ground is instant death with the belly flops rediculous range + the Larger Titans faster than Levi Running speed. Not to mention their Shock wave and ability to kill you just by landing on you.
2: Now they can abuse that ability to slightly control their jump by jumping and magically using that jump to climb the wall, by jumping at the way and moving left/right they can climb the wall with their mouth open, making it almost impossible to kill them as they are climbing.

Yeah I've seen it too. There needs to be a fucking invisible barrier!
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Senpai » Wed May 28, 2014 2:06 am

1.) I haven't been able to stay on a building, it usually pushes me off before I can make an attack.
make vid of getting on buildings then atking/killing ppl on it pls?

2.) that's not a part of the game, that's just a bug, it'll be fixed.
Senpai

Postby The Rogue Titan » Wed May 28, 2014 8:37 am

Senpai wrote:1.) I haven't been able to stay on a building, it usually pushes me off before I can make an attack.
make vid of getting on buildings then atking/killing ppl on it pls?

2.) that's not a part of the game, that's just a bug, it'll be fixed.

I was just talking about the "jumping up the walls" thing. I haven't seen any Titans on buildings for very long. Most of the time, by the time they get on them, the player is already on another one.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby HIT0SHI » Wed May 28, 2014 1:07 pm

Yep Player Titans can get on buildings regardless of size but depends on how angular the ceiling is.
You can even stand on top of a pillar if you try hard enough.
HIT0SHI

Postby The Rogue Titan » Wed May 28, 2014 1:12 pm

HIT0SHI wrote:Yep Player Titans can get on buildings regardless of size but depends on how angular the ceiling is.
You can even stand on top of a pillar if you try hard enough.

I actually have once. I felt like the king of the Titans! :lol:
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby HIT0SHI » Wed May 28, 2014 1:19 pm

Yeah! When there's no PTs on the lobby I decide be one for the sole purpose of doing this and just running around like an idiot.
Heck If I spawn as a big titan i just show the whole lobby how to the invisible wall climb! :lol:
HIT0SHI

Postby The Rogue Titan » Wed May 28, 2014 1:48 pm

Don't do that! That just encourages people to troll and delay the game. :( I hate Titans who climb the walls. Jumping on a building is different than exploiting a bug.
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby HIT0SHI » Wed May 28, 2014 2:05 pm

That is true, though I don't make it my mission to run/troll to long.
I only do it no more than 2 or so minutes then i either suicide (by pressing T) or by finding a player and just do a 180 degree turn and let them kill me.
HIT0SHI

Postby Noodler » Thu May 29, 2014 5:35 pm

Zenku Arboless wrote:The issue with the controllable jump comes in the form of 2 Things

Why do you think there should be a safe haven in the first place? Are you one of those campers or something?

Fix the bug instead of removing their controlled jump.

I seriously don't see the point of nerfing titans at this point. The majority of the servers have little to no PTs in them, partially because any experienced player will demolish them. Earlier I joined a forest abnormal server, and it took me about 30-40 seconds to kill 2 out of 3 player titans, and they both quit. Nerfing them won't exactly help with these annoying occurences of being unable to find any PTs to fight.

Player titans are both boring to play, and horribly weak against good players. On hard/abnormal they need more of a buff than just being a bit faster, because it hardly adds to the difficulty. For one, they should be capable of slide grabs, and shaking off any hooks that are currently on you (will have a significant cooldown), and various other features which titans will unlock by playing on hard/abnormal (abnormal would have even more extra features). You could give them an amount of health aswell.
Spawning as a tiny titan is an issue aswell. Either I kill a small player titan instantly by jumping then reeling, or I die 40 kilometers away due to lag.

The difficulty on normal would stay about the same, but they should be remade to somehow make it more enjoyable (same goes for hard and abnormal), because it gets old really quickly for a lot of people.
Noodler

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion