Should Armin's special animation be changed?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Should Armin's special animation be changed?

Postby The Rogue Titan » Wed May 14, 2014 1:33 pm

Armin's special in this game is so out of canon it upsets me. It doesn't fit his character, and it rarely even works on Player Titans.

I would very much love it if his special were to be changed into something more universally useful and canon.

It's obvious people don't want his special to be changed. But the animation is something that should be. Dancing and making Titans laugh is stupid.
Last edited by The Rogue Titan on Sun May 18, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Re: Should Armin's special be changed?

Postby Noodler » Wed May 14, 2014 1:44 pm

Trying to make people work together in this game is hopeless.
It's rare that people don't act like the chat doesn't exist, and if they do, it's usually some weird language.
Noodler

Postby The Rogue Titan » Wed May 14, 2014 1:53 pm

Noodler wrote:Trying to make people work together in this game is hopeless.
It's rare that people don't act like the chat doesn't exist, and if they do, it's usually some weird language.

Haha true that. But when it really comes down to it, the core of the game is when you're playing with friends. So for private matches it'd be perfect. My friends and I always play privately and we use teamwork all the time. We never "lone wolf" it. It is true that people are more compelled to play selfishly, but that shouldn't hinder people who do want to help. I've seen people play as Marco and Armin because they're not confident in their abilities so they actually want to help people instead of scrambling for kills. It's always refreshing and fun to meet those people. And when the Titans eventually get buffed AIs, people will be forced to rethink their roles.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Kami-Sama » Wed May 14, 2014 6:57 pm

Just leave it the way it is. It's dumb but so is stopping by an invincible gas station to reload your gas in under 2 seconds. He would be even more worthless without the laughing imo, at least we get some humor in seeing him get crushed attempting it xD.
Kami-Sama

Postby Ghosthunter » Wed May 14, 2014 7:53 pm

Let me just post my comment from youtube here.
Ghosthunter

Postby Connorhere » Wed May 14, 2014 8:59 pm

I swear this is such a popular subject of debate, it rivals Eren's nerf suggestions.

Armin shouldn't really have "Party buff" special. At least right now his special is existant in single-player, we don't need another Marco. He should just have something similar to what he has now, Armin has never done anything exceptionarily awesome-looking in battle so its difficult to give him a "canon" special.

If you want it to make sense maybe change the animation so its as if Armin is yelling and then just say its just like when he screamed at Annie and she got momentarily stunned or some bullshit like that. Obviously she responded because she's sentient and was pondering something but who cares we have two spindashers and a speedster, not to mention Mikasa's ignorance of the laws of physics. It doesn't really have to be spot-on tbh. Anyway Armin's range needs to be boosted so you don't need to get by a Titan's fucking toes to use the special effectively, and so it at least works on the super sonic racing player-titans. I wouldn't even mind if his special interupted Titan attack animations or if he could even use his special while on the move rather than pausing. Come on guys Armin needs the extra help lets be honest.
Connorhere

Postby Noodler » Wed May 14, 2014 9:32 pm

Give him an attack with extra range on a 30 sec cooldown (or some other number, doesn't matter).
Noodler

Postby Eters » Wed May 14, 2014 9:33 pm

he gave his gas and his blades to mikasa in episode....."one of the early episodes"
that could be a special no? giving 50% of his gas and 1 blade from his blades to an ally , the special would take 1 min before it becomes active with a cooldown of 1 min or so?
Eters

Postby Noodler » Wed May 14, 2014 9:36 pm

Eters, read Connorhere's comment.
It has to be relevant in singleplayer.
Noodler

Postby Eters » Wed May 14, 2014 9:43 pm

But armin is useless when he's alone ..... we can't change the truth
Eters

Next

Return to General Discussion