Should Armin's special animation be changed?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Should Armin's special be changed?

Postby Senpai » Sat May 17, 2014 10:36 pm

lol, calm down bruh.
webster
Full Definition of COURAGE

: mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty

He obviously couldn't control his fear = crying

can't control fear = not brave.

sure he's not a coward, but he's definitely cried/cowered before.

but one thing he hasn't done is dance hoping a titan would laugh

animation
yeah honestly, it's not a big deal either way, I'd prefer this just cause since I think it'll look cooler/canon because that's sort of a plus lol.

I just hope 100x he doesn't get a supply special/he gets normal special buffed
Senpai

Postby The Rogue Titan » Sat May 17, 2014 11:26 pm

Senpai wrote:lol, calm down bruh.
webster
Full Definition of COURAGE

: mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty

He obviously couldn't control his fear = crying

can't control fear = not brave.

sure he's not a coward, but he's definitely cried/cowered before.

but one thing he hasn't done is dance hoping a titan would laugh

animation
yeah honestly, it's not a big deal either way, I'd prefer this just cause since I think it'll look cooler/canon because that's sort of a plus lol.

I just hope 100x he doesn't get a supply special/he gets normal special buffed

I agree with all of this. The animation is just to make it a bit more grim instead of being super silly. The special would only be buffed. So it makes Armin players happy, and the animation would be canon so it makes canon-whores like myself happy.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby MFxEagle » Sun May 18, 2014 3:33 am

I think the dance animation should just be kept and buffed. Making him a moving supply station is boring and would be useless most of the time- especially in single player. Changing his animation to curling up and crying, while more canon, is uncool and is practically an insult to Armin players. Also it takes away the killing capability of the special.

The only good one I remember reading is having him shout at the titan to get its attention and stun it. This is still uncanon because it only worked on Annie, who is intelligent, but it's a bit more realistic than dancing and laughing. Although Increased range and shorter animation time would be necessary to compensate for the loss of killing ability.
MFxEagle

Postby Ghosthunter » Sun May 18, 2014 3:37 am

MFxEagle wrote:I think the dance animation should just be kept and buffed. Making him a moving supply station is boring and would be useless most of the time- especially in single player. Changing his animation to curling up and crying, while more canon, is uncool and is practically an insult to Armin players. Also it takes away the killing capability of the special.

The only good one I remember reading is having him shout at the titan to get its attention and stun it. This is still uncanon because it only worked on Annie, who is intelligent, but it's a bit more realistic than dancing and laughing. Although Increased range and shorter animation time would be necessary to compensate for the loss of killing ability.

That's exactly what i said like 341231283713978127129 times already.How many freaking times do i have to repeat myself??!!
Ghosthunter

Postby MFxEagle » Sun May 18, 2014 4:36 am

Ghosthunter wrote:
MFxEagle wrote:I think the dance animation should just be kept and buffed. Making him a moving supply station is boring and would be useless most of the time- especially in single player. Changing his animation to curling up and crying, while more canon, is uncool and is practically an insult to Armin players. Also it takes away the killing capability of the special.

That's exactly what i said like 341231283713978127129 times already.How many freaking times do i have to repeat myself??!!

sorry :lol: I haven't read all the posts on this particular thread; I was just making a quick response to the few posts I did read. It actually may have been your comment that I read a while ago that I was remembering now that I think about it.
MFxEagle

Postby Senpai » Sun May 18, 2014 5:00 am

Well I think you guys are taking it out of proportion. "insult to armin players,"

Well really I don't care anymore, just know that it could be just a simple bleed from eyes then scream, that's what I imagined anyway.
like when eren got eaten on episode 5, which would be cool imo.

and absoultue LOLno to removing special kill ability, if the animation is changed, it has to be able to kill, whether it';s him dancing, screaming, or bleeding. feng pls.

+buff<-------------------------------- main important thing.
Senpai

Postby d_OVRKLL » Sun May 18, 2014 5:14 am

I don't really feel like reading all of this, but to add to the convo..I remember earlier on when I first joined the forum, I had the suggestion of a 3-5 second slow motion of the game for Armin's special. Essentially my rationale was his character is portrayed as one who can think on his feet and come up with the best course of action even in the most unpromising of situations. The Slow Motion would be the equivalent of having a few more seconds to react in really sticky situations.

Of course this would get a crap load of "OMG NO THAT'S STUPID" comments from people that don't know how to properly articulate disagreement constructively, but yeah. Just reiterating an old thought.
d_OVRKLL

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Sun May 18, 2014 5:40 am

d_OVRKLL wrote:I don't really feel like reading all of this, but to add to the convo..I remember earlier on when I first joined the forum, I had the suggestion of a 3-5 second slow motion of the game for Armin's special. Essentially my rationale was his character is portrayed as one who can think on his feet and come up with the best course of action even in the most unpromising of situations. The Slow Motion would be the equivalent of having a few more seconds to react in really sticky situations.

Of course this would get a crap load of "OMG NO THAT'S STUPID" comments from people that don't know how to properly articulate disagreement constructively, but yeah. Just reiterating an old thought.

Well, we've kinda already agreed that changing Armin's specials effect would be a bad idea, cause it'd screw Armin players over. But while that suggestion does sound interesting, how would it effect other people in game? :| would they see slow motion too? how would it even work?
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby Senpai » Sun May 18, 2014 5:56 am

tbh I really liked the idea of slow-mo special but answer some questions like mjr said

or find your old thread, pls.

but it being for armin, I'd rather not instead, make it for pixis, make him down some hard liquor, and slow down everything around him or something.
Senpai

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Sun May 18, 2014 6:18 am

Senpai wrote:tbh I really liked the idea of slow-mo special but answer some questions like mjr said

or find your old thread, pls.

but it being for armin, I'd rather not instead, make it for pixis, make him down some hard liquor, and slow down everything around him or something.

That sounds amazing. It'd be hilarious for Pixis to have a special like that. :P
MJRmasqu3rade

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion