Should Armin's special animation be changed?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Should Armin's special be changed?

Postby MFxEagle » Sun May 18, 2014 6:31 am

d_OVRKLL wrote:I don't really feel like reading all of this, but to add to the convo..I remember earlier on when I first joined the forum, I had the suggestion of a 3-5 second slow motion of the game for Armin's special. Essentially my rationale was his character is portrayed as one who can think on his feet and come up with the best course of action even in the most unpromising of situations. The Slow Motion would be the equivalent of having a few more seconds to react in really sticky situations.

Of course this would get a crap load of "OMG NO THAT'S STUPID" comments from people that don't know how to properly articulate disagreement constructively, but yeah. Just reiterating an old thought.

I actually really like this idea. There is a direct inverse relationship between speed and control so it would make sense to give the the character with the least speed, and therefore most control, a special that gives him even more control of his surroundings. Plus it'd just look really cool to use 3dmg in slow motion. The only downside is that you can't really use it online, so you'd either have to have two different specials or none at all for multiplayer which is why this probably wouldn't get added.
MFxEagle

Postby Senpai » Sun May 18, 2014 7:03 am

not my suggestion but I'm assuming it'd make titans around him slower, for multiplayer IDK.

still preferable this for pixis rather than Armin, imo
Senpai

Postby d_OVRKLL » Sun May 18, 2014 7:04 am

The idea I had in mind was a slow mo for everyone within a certain range
d_OVRKLL

Postby Senpai » Sun May 18, 2014 7:06 am

ok, that's nice too.

but what about the people out of range?

like if they're coming in fast, but suddenly enter the radius.
Senpai

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Sun May 18, 2014 7:12 am

Well, Slow mo for everyone in a range would also be weird in multiplayer. You could sit just outside the radius and everyone would be going slow mo and you'd just be sitting there like "lolwut". It could also kind of disrupt people in the radius if it catches them off-guard
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby DarioEMeloD » Sun May 18, 2014 7:16 am

Wouldn't slow motion affect titans? It wouldn't make sense if it made players slower.
DarioEMeloD

Postby Senpai » Sun May 18, 2014 7:17 am

Spoiler:

Well I guess if you enter the radius it'll be like you move suddenly really slow.

then when it's over you'll go back to past momentum, or if you hooked around everywhere a lot, new momentum.

basically it'll give you a couple seconds to re-hook if you fucked up, that's what I'm guessing.
Senpai

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Sun May 18, 2014 7:21 am

Well, of course it would, but if someone got slow-mo'd while they didn't expect it then it could startle them and they might press the wrong key or something. Also, how would it affect speedruns? if it could only affect players in a certain range, then making it slow down the timer could be used to cheat on multiplayer speedruns, if not then it'd slow people down too much :/ it'd be a cool special, no doubt, but there's a lot of stuff to plan for.
Edit: the "Of course it would" thing was directed at DarioE, btw
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby d_OVRKLL » Sun May 18, 2014 7:25 am

I think just slowing of just the titans would be best and most pratical. Of course not SUPERRRR significantly that they become nonthreatening though
d_OVRKLL

Postby Senpai » Sun May 18, 2014 7:28 am

maybe just a delay for the titans aggroing anybody.

all titans get delayed like a second before noticing someone coming, and start walking/turning/attacking towards them.
Senpai

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion