Should Armin's special animation be changed?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Should Armin's special be changed?

Postby MFxEagle » Sun May 18, 2014 9:31 am

Senpai wrote:maybe just a delay for the titans aggroing anybody.

all titans get delayed like a second before noticing someone coming, and start walking/turning/attacking towards them.

That's cool, but then it's not really slo-mo anymore. More like a super wide range titan stun.
MFxEagle

Re: Should Armin's special animation be changed?

Postby The Rogue Titan » Sun May 18, 2014 12:23 pm

The only problem is you never see Pixis in the heat of battle. So you don't even know if he's still good at killing Titans in his age.

But this is an Armin thread. If we want the drunken master Pixis then that's for another thread. :lol:
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Ghosthunter » Sun May 18, 2014 3:42 pm

The only way i can see this special work would be to only slow down the titans in a certain area and the players would still keep their normal speed.
Also it shouldn't work on player titans for obvious reasons.
Ghosthunter

Postby Senpai » Sun May 18, 2014 6:14 pm

MFxEagle wrote:
That's cool, but then it's not really slo-mo anymore. More like a super wide range titan stun.

>stun = complete non movement for sometime.

>delay in aggro = they keep going on about their business walking, even if you are in their normal range for spotting you.

so it really doesn't slow them down, but it gives you at least a second to think what to do.
Senpai

Postby Liduso » Sun May 18, 2014 9:31 pm

d_OVRKLL wrote:I don't really feel like reading all of this, but to add to the convo..I remember earlier on when I first joined the forum, I had the suggestion of a 3-5 second slow motion of the game for Armin's special. Essentially my rationale was his character is portrayed as one who can think on his feet and come up with the best course of action even in the most unpromising of situations. The Slow Motion would be the equivalent of having a few more seconds to react in really sticky situations.

Of course this would get a crap load of "OMG NO THAT'S STUPID" comments from people that don't know how to properly articulate disagreement constructively, but yeah. Just reiterating an old thought.

I remember you, yea you were in my thread last time for Armin's new special. As I recall we were both shot down.

I like your concept but if you apply it to multiplayer it'd be confusing, as in real time would all players and titan's slow just for Armin's ability?
And not only that, but I feel like if anyone had time moving slower for them, it'd be Levi with his experience combating titans.
Liduso

Postby Accelevi » Thu May 22, 2014 8:16 pm

*reads argument*
y so srs

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby The Rogue Titan » Thu May 22, 2014 8:39 pm

I'm just a stickler for canon, is all. :lol:
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Previous

Return to General Discussion