What "Defines" a Pro? Traits and Qualities?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: What "Defines" a Pro? Traits and Qualities?

Postby Z.E.D » Thu May 15, 2014 4:28 pm

CAn Chain kill titans
+high survivability.

CAn deal with +10 titans solo and kill them fast

That's enough to be considrered pro. Chain killing titans isn't that easy
Z.E.D

Postby HIT0SHI » Thu May 15, 2014 5:57 pm

Liduso wrote:So yea, what do you guys think defines a pro player?

1.) Do pros still even play?

2.) Are there things a pro would/wouldn't say?

3.) Does damage output come into it? What if the player dies the moment a titan attacks?
Survivability?

4.) P-Titan killing? *Is that really anything more than luck for most*?

5.) How about attitude?

6.) Also, is "Pro" more a community agreement or is it a lot simpler then that?

1.) Well of course.

2.) NO -> "Oh yes please! Keep camping over those walls Eren! We need your titan form!"
YES -> "Quit camping and help us you foolish mortal!"

3.) No camping while maintaining high survivability with a high kill-streak and with very few deaths. High damage is only a plus imo.

4.) Yep.

5.) Unless said player has a low self esteem to the point of not being able to push himself to do the impossible, he/she won't be getting that many kills and would more often than not hide or run away.

6.) It's supposed to be simple. Just do really well and kick some titan ass with style!
HIT0SHI

Postby Megamaster » Fri May 16, 2014 12:50 am

Pro is someone who have skill and knows how and when to use it. A pro is someone who kills a group of titans or save the teammates, while an average player kills isolated titans, or gets killed after killing some titans within a group of titans.
Megamaster

Postby Thirdkazekage » Fri May 16, 2014 1:06 am

Wasn't there another thread about this?
Anyway my definition is someone who is fast and able to survive for waves and waves (if not all of them) while keeping his/her cool. Pro's would usually help newbies and helping them get kills and make them feel good about themselves so that it makes the game fun for both parties.
Thirdkazekage

Postby Doki » Fri May 16, 2014 3:02 am

Does that person use Armin? If he does, he's a pro. If not, scrub.
Doki

Postby Liduso » Fri May 16, 2014 12:01 pm

Thirdkazekage wrote:Wasn't there another thread about this?
Anyway my definition is someone who is fast and able to survive for waves and waves (if not all of them) while keeping his/her cool. Pro's would usually help newbies and helping them get kills and make them feel good about themselves so that it makes the game fun for both parties.

I feel like there was, but I was wondering if the new update had changed anything. With more access to multiplayer there's a lot more barking of one's "skills". I figured it'd make a decent discussion topic.

I understand knowing techniques makes one good, but can you apply techniques in all situations?
Liduso

Postby MicroDot » Fri May 16, 2014 12:17 pm

In my opinion, a pro is someone who isn't arrogant and good at surviving higher waves aswell as fast at killing titans.
MicroDot

Postby Thirdkazekage » Fri May 16, 2014 12:35 pm

Liduso wrote:
Thirdkazekage wrote:Wasn't there another thread about this?

I feel like there was, but I was wondering if the new update had changed anything. With more access to multiplayer there's a lot more barking of one's "skills". I figured it'd make a decent discussion topic.

I understand knowing techniques makes one good, but can you apply techniques in all situations?

Of course the new update changed many things, but it wont change the people in the internet. There will always be that douchebag that will be there and ruin someones day. :lol:
Thirdkazekage

Postby HallowedSaber » Fri May 16, 2014 12:49 pm

Survivability(KDR or KDA)/Damage/Speed
nuff said
HallowedSaber

Postby shaske » Fri May 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Eters wrote:for me a pro is someone :
1- who have fun playing the game : yes it's fundamental for me anyways .
2- who can kill a normal , abberant , crawler without a big struggle.
3- who knows what he is going to do, not just flying hoping he would land a hit randomly on a titan.
4- good at the 3DMG , he doesn't have to be the dude that never crashes but good enough to keep a decent amount of speed.
5- fast judgements , in a tight situation he can manage himself , not panic and hide on a building , and can somehow elaborate strategies.
6- helps when needed and doesn't killsteal.
7- high survival rate ^^

for me that's what defines a pro player. he doesn't need to have all this but just having 4 of them is enough for me to consider him a pro player

pretty much this
shaske

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion