What "Defines" a Pro? Traits and Qualities?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: What "Defines" a Pro? Traits and Qualities?

Postby The Rogue Titan » Fri May 16, 2014 2:18 pm

Eters wrote:for me a pro is someone :
1- who have fun playing the game : yes it's fundamental for me anyways .
2- who can kill a normal , abberant , crawler without a big struggle.
3- who knows what he is going to do, not just flying hoping he would land a hit randomly on a titan.
4- good at the 3DMG , he doesn't have to be the dude that never crashes but good enough to keep a decent amount of speed.
5- fast judgements , in a tight situation he can manage himself , not panic and hide on a building , and can somehow elaborate strategies.
6- helps when needed and doesn't killsteal.
7- high survival rate ^^

for me that's what defines a pro player. he doesn't need to have all this but just having 4 of them is enough for me to consider him a pro player

I pretty much agree with all of this except #6. People who complain about killsteals are idiots. I'm sorry but it's true.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby DarioEMeloD » Fri May 16, 2014 4:05 pm

A7X Rogue Titan wrote:I pretty much agree with all of this except #6. People who complain about killsteals are idiots. I'm sorry but it's true.

Well, that has nothing to do with being pro, but if you see someone trying to kill a titan why would you be such a douche? You can even get them killed by drawing the titan's attention. Just step aside and let the others play, if you want to kill them all by yourself you can play alone. If they get killed it wouldn't be your fault, then you can do whatever you want.

I guess teamworking is part of being a good player too.
DarioEMeloD

Postby The Rogue Titan » Fri May 16, 2014 4:51 pm

DarioEMeloD wrote:
A7X Rogue Titan wrote:I pretty much agree with all of this except #6. People who complain about killsteals are idiots. I'm sorry but it's true.

Well, that has nothing to do with being pro, but if you see someone trying to kill a titan why would you be such a douche? You can even get them killed by drawing the titan's attention. Just step aside and let the others play, if you want to kill them all by yourself you can play alone. If they get killed it wouldn't be your fault, then you can do whatever you want.

But the fact that people care so much about kills is stupid. When I play, the only mindset I have is, make sure my team and I make it out alive. Save as many people as possible even if it puts my life in danger. And when I'm actually trying to stop Titans from crowding around them, so I kill as many as I can before they get too huddled, then I'm shunned for "stealing kills" while just trying to help. And besides, it's not stealing anything because if you're not fast enough to seal the deal, then you didn't deserve it anyways... I don't care about kills. No one should, in this game...
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Terminus » Fri May 16, 2014 4:56 pm

A7X Rogue Titan wrote:
DarioEMeloD wrote:

But the fact that people care so much about kills is stupid. When I play, the only mindset I have is, make sure my team and I make it out alive. Save as many people as possible even if it puts my life in danger. And when I'm actually trying to stop Titans from crowding around them, so I kill as many as I can before they get too huddled, then I'm shunned for "stealing kills" while just trying to help. And besides, it's not stealing anything because if you're not fast enough to seal the deal, then you didn't deserve it anyways... I don't care about kills. No one should, in this game...

Well, a lot of people put a lot of stock in KDRs.

Personally, I only care if I was using the titan as a maneuvering point and it falls, dragging me down with him.
Terminus

Postby DarioEMeloD » Fri May 16, 2014 4:58 pm

A7X Rogue Titan wrote:But the fact that people care so much about kills is stupid.
I don't care about kills. No one should, in this game...

Exactly my point.

A7X Rogue Titan wrote:Save as many people as possible even if it puts my life in danger. And when I'm actually trying to stop Titans from crowding around them, so I kill as many as I can before they get too huddled, then I'm shunned for "stealing kills" while just trying to help.

Now that's a shame, most people are thankful in those cases.

And I didn't mean "you" as for yourself, I meant it as in general xD
DarioEMeloD

Postby Accelevi » Fri May 16, 2014 7:19 pm

Kill death ratio, speed/fluidity of killing.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Liduso » Fri May 16, 2014 8:11 pm

A7X Rogue Titan wrote:

I really hate when people do that too. Also I hate how some people don't understand the concept of once your grabbed, you're done unless someone saves you.

I've had two people call me a faggot for kill stealing them when they were grabbed by a Titan. Wattafauk.
Liduso

Postby shaske » Fri May 16, 2014 9:32 pm

I played with someone yesterday and tried to be supportive for once instead of lone wolfing. One guy said '' why are you helping people? You're wasting your time we don't need it, just play by yourself''.
He got grabbed and I let him die, he shooted ''wow you could have saved me you were right here'' ...
can I kill this sonova....
shaske

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Fri May 16, 2014 10:43 pm

I agree with A7X, honestly. In games like this, I can't really see KSing as a thing :| I mean, the goal is to kill all the Titans, it's not a competition. And when fighting Titans, everything can go to shit in a few seconds, you can't trust yourself to solo a Titan and win every time, if someone comes and helps kill the Titan, it's probably a good thing. Clearly, some of the AoTTG community can kind of be dicks when it comes to stuff like this
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby Aknolses » Fri May 16, 2014 10:51 pm

Reason why people are being killsteal'd:
YOUR TOO SLOW
Aknolses

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion