What "Defines" a Pro? Traits and Qualities?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: What "Defines" a Pro? Traits and Qualities?

Postby Eters » Fri May 16, 2014 10:54 pm

MJRmasqu3rade wrote: if someone comes and helps kill the Titan, it's probably a good thing.

the problem is that 7/10 times when someone tries to help you titan aiming changes and you both end up dead , and i think killstealing is more like funstealing because , we don't play to save humanity here we play to kill titans , and when you kill a titan it gives a decent amount of self satisfaction right? especially when you are new , and when someone who is pratically a "pro" steals that kill right under your face when you were trying so hard to get to that neck because you're still a new player for example , it ruins it for you .

but you are right that the "killstealing" shouldn't be in the list of what a pro should/shouldn't do.
Eters

Postby The Rogue Titan » Sat May 17, 2014 1:26 am

Eters wrote:
MJRmasqu3rade wrote: if someone comes and helps kill the Titan, it's probably a good thing.

the problem is that 7/10 times when someone tries to help you titan aiming changes and you both end up dead , and i think killstealing is more like funstealing because , we don't play to save humanity here we play to kill titans , and when you kill a titan it gives a decent amount of self satisfaction right? especially when you are new , and when someone who is pratically a "pro" steals that kill right under your face when you were trying so hard to get to that neck because you're still a new player for example , it ruins it for you .

but you are right that the "killstealing" shouldn't be in the list of what a pro should/shouldn't do.

Well I play the game to simulate the feeling of being in the Universe. So yes I play it to "save humanity" because that's what they try to do in the anime. It's about the mission and the soldiers. No one should give a rat's ass who kills what as long as everyone survives and the mission is completed.

If you're new to the game and care that much about people killing Titans that you've targeted, then play solo! It's obvious you don't want to play well with others if you're just going to complain to them.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Accelevi » Sat May 17, 2014 2:35 am

Well if you get annoyed because you can't match a pro, don't play with them, or get better, or stop complaining.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Eters » Sat May 17, 2014 8:58 pm

I'm good enough so i don't have this problem. But we all started newbies and i think we should give them some respect . Just a bit
I don't like how everyone keeps bashing the new ones just because they got good. Let's face it solo is boring . You learn some basics and thats all . It's different from multiplayer in so many aspects . Thus said there is no need to kill a titan that someone else engaged . It's just common sense . You're a pro so 1 kill won't be too hard for you to get . So why ruining it to the others? Sorry but that's just being a douche and have nothing to do with "matching up a pro". Anyway thats my own opinion so think what you want.
Eters

Postby Liduso » Sat May 17, 2014 9:52 pm

Aknolses wrote:Reason why people are being killsteal'd:
YOUR TOO SLOW

In regards to KSing, one foreign guy was complaining so much about me all I did was constantly quote sonic to him.

"CUM ON STEP IT UP"
"dhut up fk boy"

Honestly, was one of the most fun I've had in chat, topped with him constantly dying since he drove everyone to stop helping him in the server lol.
Liduso

Postby The Rogue Titan » Sat May 17, 2014 11:08 pm

Eters wrote:I'm good enough so i don't have this problem. But we all started newbies and i think we should give them some respect . Just a bit
I don't like how everyone keeps bashing the new ones just because they got good. Let's face it solo is boring . You learn some basics and thats all . It's different from multiplayer in so many aspects . Thus said there is no need to kill a titan that someone else engaged . It's just common sense . You're a pro so 1 kill won't be too hard for you to get . So why ruining it to the others? Sorry but that's just being a douche and have nothing to do with "matching up a pro". Anyway thats my own opinion so think what you want.

When I was a newbie I never played online. I honed my skills by myself. And even when I got good enough to handle myself, people still killed Titans I was targeting and I respected them. To me, I thought 'Wow he's fast. I can't wait to be that fast.' I never once thought of being spiteful for "taking a kill". If you're a newb anyways, then chances are, the Titan will probably kill you. It's not a douche thing to do. If you're not fast enough, it wasn't your kill, and if you care that much then play singleplayer. There's no other way to put it. It's not a matter of respect. I do respect newbies. I love helping them out a lot. But most of the time if I sit back and let them try, then they'll die. And I despise letting teammates die. If they see it as "ruining" their fun, then that's too bad.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Yoko » Sun May 18, 2014 3:07 am

A7X Rogue Titan wrote:
Eters wrote:I'm good enough so i don't have this problem. But we all started newbies and i think we should give them some respect . Just a bit

When I was a newbie I never played online. I honed my skills by myself. And even when I got good enough to handle myself, people still killed Titans I was targeting and I respected them. To me, I thought 'Wow he's fast. I can't wait to be that fast.' I never once thought of being spiteful for "taking a kill". If you're a newb anyways, then chances are, the Titan will probably kill you. It's not a douche thing to do. If you're not fast enough, it wasn't your kill, and if you care that much then play singleplayer. There's no other way to put it. It's not a matter of respect. I do respect newbies. I love helping them out a lot. But most of the time if I sit back and let them try, then they'll die. And I despise letting teammates die. If they see it as "ruining" their fun, then that's too bad.

That is such a great mindset to have. Personally, if I see a far more skilled player than I am, I will do my best to possibly match their level.
Yoko

Postby Havok » Sun May 18, 2014 10:57 pm

For this game I define a pro as someone who knows the game mechanics very well and is able to perform various techniques with success. They should also have the ability to adapt quicker than others. That's just me tho..
Havok

Postby zheopotato » Tue May 20, 2014 5:03 am

For me a pro is one who has these three traits: Speed, Damage, and Survivability. It's simple as that. You need to be be good in all three categories/traits.
zheopotato

Postby Miracle » Tue May 20, 2014 6:34 am

Eters wrote:especially when you are new , and when someone who is pratically a "pro" steals that kill right under your face when you were trying so hard to get to that neck because you're still a new player for example , it ruins it for you .

The fact is, how do you even know if the person is having trouble or is going to get the titan? Stop and ask?

"Hey should I help you?"
"Yeah, yeah, sure, wha-"
*titan slap the player*

That sounds stupid. It's better to get the kills in case that player is actually in serious trouble. I would rather having someone else to take the titan if T failed any movement and is climbing the titan's back. That increase everyone's survivability.

I do agree that one shouldn't distract the titan if others are actually doing good on the titan though, that would cause unnecessary death unless that's what you want.

About the ruining the fun part, it differ for every player. Some player have fun in getting good by chasing the good player. Some just whine. I still remember how much I trained just not to prevent others from getting the titan I'm targeting. That's the fastest way to become an average player anyway.
Miracle

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion