Killstealing and the KDR: Do they matter to you?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Killstealing and the KDR: Do they matter to you?

Postby Accelevi » Sat May 17, 2014 10:07 pm

Killstealing doesn't exist.
If someone can't get the kill, well, sucks for them.
Play with pros and expect that. You can't expect them to drop for you.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Eters » Sat May 17, 2014 10:19 pm

When with a friend you can call it competition.
With strangers its just you shutting them down .
So newbies shoudnt play with pros? Sucks for them to be newbies? But you say kdr isnt important . So why kill a titan when someone else is already close to the neck? As i said before regarless of being pro or not . Its just a matter of respect . And if all "pros" killsteal it just mean that they grew arrogant . And thats lame .
If you dont wanna get ks . Play solo . Thats harsh .... just get better and come back . Thats wrong in so many ways . Why not skip that titan and race your way toward another titan no one is close to beat . Thats more like it .
But hey . Each his choices . Each his gamestyle . But in the end . It just ruins it for the new ones :)
Eters

Postby Accelevi » Sat May 17, 2014 10:30 pm

KDR is just one possible way to be competitive and have fun.
And if someone is already close to the nape, and you still get the kill, they are remarkably slow or bad.
And killstealing doesn't exist for the last time.

And no, newbies can play with pros, but they shouldn't expect to be able to stay level with the pros, and if they will play with the pros, then they should expect this.
And they can just skip the Titan and go to a different one, they'll still probably get outsped in most cases.

And they should get better before playing with pros, if they don't want to suffer that much.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Lyndis » Sat May 17, 2014 11:03 pm

I'm never bothered by having kills stolen but I sometimes feel guilty stealing kills. Newer players have a very slow 'climb to the nape technique' which invites 'steals' though.
Lyndis

Postby Kiwi » Sun May 18, 2014 10:17 am

I honestly could care less about kill stealing. It happens to me all of the time if a player is 'pro' or not and I often 'kill-steal' from other people as well. It's just how this game works.
Kiwi

Postby Eruner » Sun May 18, 2014 12:24 pm

Eruner

Postby The Rogue Titan » Mon May 19, 2014 1:09 am

Like Accelevi said, killstealing doesn't exist in this game. People should be collaborating to take down the Titans, not competing on how many you can take down. Anyone that cares that much about kills is stupid imo. Nothing pisses me off more than people who complain about "kilsteals". I'd rather play with Eren campers, delayers, trolls, and 10 Player Titans than play with a competitive ass-wipe that only plays the game to show how "awesome" he is.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Miracle » Mon May 19, 2014 7:00 am

Eters wrote:When with a friend you can call it competition.
With strangers its just you shutting them down .
So newbies shoudnt play with pros? Sucks for them to be newbies? But you say kdr isnt important . So why kill a titan when someone else is already close to the neck? As i said before regarless of being pro or not . Its just a matter of respect . And if all "pros" killsteal it just mean that they grew arrogant . And thats lame .
If you dont wanna get ks . Play solo . Thats harsh .... just get better and come back . Thats wrong in so many ways . Why not skip that titan and race your way toward another titan no one is close to beat . Thats more like it .
But hey . Each his choices . Each his gamestyle . But in the end . It just ruins it for the new ones :)

There's no way to kill steal from someone that is at the nape, unless that someone is hanging there and not attacking. If you are referring to the situation where you are close to the nape, and still climbing to reach the nape, and another one took the kill, that's not a killsteal, but the another one had actually just saved your life. Hanging close to titan's nape for too long is the most dangerous move, unless you are skilled enough to predict titan's movement and avoid them.

Killsteal does exist in the game, but it's not something the pro would do to the beginner level player. Sometimes we will try to steal the kill from another player by purposely distracting the titan's attraction, and take the kill. That is kill stealing. But that's not something a newbie would experience.

If the newbie kill too slow, he just have to git gud. That's how everyone improve. We try to get the kill from pro player, and eventually we became on par with them.
Miracle

Postby Z.E.D » Mon May 19, 2014 7:01 am

For me KDR = survival ration.

the better the KDR the more reliable the player
Z.E.D

Postby The Rogue Titan » Mon May 19, 2014 7:17 am

I prefer players with lower KDRs because I feel like a guardian in a sense. That probably sounds more selfish than it seems but I absolutely love helping people. Whether they thank me or not, I find joy in making someone's day a little better. Even in something so insignificant as a game. So no KDR doesn't matter to me. If I play with "newbs" I can help them to get better, and if I play with "pros" then we can save humanity like badasses. It's a win-win for me.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion