Killstealing and the KDR: Do they matter to you?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Killstealing and the KDR: Do they matter to you?

Postby Lyndis » Mon May 19, 2014 7:44 pm

On the subject of KDR, should it be used as a category on the eventual leaderboard? If it matters so little to some, it definitely shouldn't be the defining/single ranking system but should it be on there at all given the apathy many people treat it with.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this topic.
Lyndis

Postby Accelevi » Mon May 19, 2014 7:47 pm

Leaderboards could work, but then again, the hacking.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby The Rogue Titan » Mon May 19, 2014 8:47 pm

Yeah the fact that some people hack leaderboards to pretend they're good is stupid.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Mon May 19, 2014 9:07 pm

Lyndis wrote:On the subject of KDR, should it be used as a category on the eventual leaderboard? If it matters so little to some, it definitely shouldn't be the defining/single ranking system but should it be on there at all given the apathy many people treat it with.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this topic.

There could be multiple leaderboards for different stuff. Like, leaderboards for highest damage, best KDR, fastest time completed, etc.
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby Doki » Tue May 20, 2014 6:17 am

IMO, considering how fast a titan can kill someone in the game(incredible how many times you just narrowly miss a titan's nape, just to be instantly chomped by its side-chomp attack) its stupid to think that killing a titan before you kill it is bad. If anything, that person could have prevented a death or two of yours. Do you consider it kill stealing when someone kills a titan that has grabbed you? Didn't think so. This is a survival game, as long as you're not dead you're winning, so why should you care if anyone takes a kill you could have theoretically gotten? If they also got that kill then by all means they deserved that kill point. Like others have said, instead of complaining, just admit you're 2 slow and git gud.
Doki

Postby MFxEagle » Tue May 20, 2014 6:57 am

KDR is very important but it isn't everything. It can vary based on how cautious or aggressive that person plays, or if they're just having a bad game.

I could care less about "killstealing" complaints. If it's that important to you that you kill titans yourself, just play single player (or play with people that are slower than you). The game is about survival. I'd much rather have teammates staying alive by playing fast and occasionally "stealing" each others kills than teammates dying without help because everyone is worried about taking someone else's kill
MFxEagle

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue May 20, 2014 11:09 am

Doki and MFxEagle are my heroes. Yes that's exactly how I feel. If more people felt this way, then the community wouldn't be so damn competitive.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby EnderKid » Tue May 20, 2014 1:53 pm

KDR matters in it's own right, but it's only a small factor that contributes to a player's skill.

Quite honestly, kill stealing is part of the game. You shouldn't complain about it and just suck it up, get better on your own time. My only qualms are with people who purposely follow a slower player around and take all of their kills. That's not cool and it's not nice, either.
EnderKid

Postby Noodler » Tue May 20, 2014 7:01 pm

Endo doesn't get very great kds, but he's one of the best players I've ever seen.
Never am I gonna be convinced that kd is relevant. If you can pull of great plays I couldn't care less about how much you die.
Tailex is another great example. Terrible kds, yet I don't think I've seen anyone play better than him.
Noodler

Postby zheopotato » Wed May 21, 2014 11:34 pm

People hacking the scoreboards. . wait wut? :?
zheopotato

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion