Killstealing and the KDR: Do they matter to you?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Killstealing and the KDR: Do they matter to you?

Postby HIT0SHI » Thu May 22, 2014 2:32 pm

I'm never really bothered by Killstealing for I just want all the titans to be eliminated while using the support of my comrades to take them down as quickly and efficient as possible.

If by the chance someone beats me to a kill, that just means the titan died faster.
Since we are working as a team after all even if we are spread out into lonewolf-ish playstyles it's motivating to race for a kill or to even support them by distracting titans or flanking them and vice-versa. :|
HIT0SHI

Postby The Rogue Titan » Thu May 22, 2014 2:36 pm

HIT0SHI wrote:I'm never really bothered by Killstealing for I just want all the titans to be eliminated while using the support of my comrades to take them down as quickly and efficient as possible.

If by the chance someone beats me to a kill, that just means the titan died faster.
Since we are working as a team after all even if we are spread out into lonewolf-ish playstyles it's motivating to race for a kill or to even support them by distracting titans or flanking them and vice-versa. :|

This is also true. Long story short, in a cooperative game, "kill stealing" is a stupid concept.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Sylvy » Thu May 22, 2014 3:10 pm

Survival players:
-They're mostly focused on survival.
-When playing in a group, they're more focused on teamwork and working together.
-They're more focused on getting to wave 21.
-They're more focused on safety.
-They tend to be the more consistent players, regarding KDR.
-I'd say a great survival player can at least solo Forest 2, hard, to wave 15, no time limit.

Power players
-They're mostly focused on damage.
-They tend to be solo players - There currently isn't really a way to work a team to achieve higher damages
-They tend to prefer 1vs1 than against mobs of titans.
-They fly around trees to gain momentum rather than to travel from one titan to the next.
-They use damage reeling techinques, like yoyo and various other reeling techniques(that I don't feel like listing).
-I'd say a great damage player can hit at least 2.5k without yoyo, vibrating titans, or some sort of bug.

Speed players
-They're mostly focused on Kill count.
-The also tend to be solo players.
-They're the better agility players/smooth kills between titans.
-They quickly travel from one titan to the next and use the quickest techniques.-Air equators are your best friend as well as reeling fly by techniques.
-They're the ones that usually annoy noob players.
-I'd say a great Speed player can at least kill 80+ titans in 10 minutes, Forest 2, hard.

Amtri(bi)dextrous players
-A combination of two or more of the above type players.

Disclaimer: All of this is only my opinion and from my experience of the players I've observed in the past. There's more to it, just... not that I have time to type down XD This is just the basics.

The examples I gave of a "great" player, are just one's of an above average player. They aren't "pro" standards.
Sylvy

Postby The Rogue Titan » Thu May 22, 2014 3:18 pm

Sylvy wrote:Survival players:
-When playing in a group, they're more focused on teamwork and working together.
-I'd say a great survival player can at least solo Forest 2, hard, to wave 15, no time limit.

Power players
-They tend to be solo players - There currently isn't really a way to work a team to achieve higher damages
-They fly around trees to gain momentum rather than to travel from one titan to the next.
-They use damage reeling techinques, like yoyo and various other reeling techniques(that I don't feel like listing).
-I'd say a great damage player can hit at least 2.5k without yoyo, vibrating titans, or some sort of bug.

Speed players
-They quickly travel from one titan to the next and use the quickest techniques.-Air equators are your best friend as well as reeling fly by techniques.
-I'd say a great Speed player can at least kill 80+ titans in 10 minutes, Forest 2, hard.

Disclaimer: All of this is only my opinion and from my experience of the players I've observed in the past. There's more to it, just... not that I have time to type down XD This is just the basics.

The examples I gave of a "great" player, are just one's of an above average player. They aren't "pro" standards.

Well then I'd definitely go under "Survival Player". :)
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby HIT0SHI » Thu May 22, 2014 3:24 pm

I'll go under "Speed Player". 8-)
HIT0SHI

Postby MFxEagle » Thu May 22, 2014 3:37 pm

Power players

Speed players

I'm think I'm striving to be a good speed/power player (which is ironic since I play with Armin). My KDR isn't very consistent because I play a bit reckless.

My freeform sucks though, so I have a long way to go though before I would consider myself good at that.
MFxEagle

Postby The Rogue Titan » Thu May 22, 2014 3:47 pm

MFxEagle wrote:

Power players

Speed players

I'm think I'm striving to be a good speed/power player (which is ironic since I play with Armin). My KDR isn't very consistent because I play a bit reckless.

My freeform sucks though, so I have a long way to go though before I would consider myself good at that.

I think you're pretty good. :D From what I saw yesterday, you and me were the only people killing Player Titans in that game we played together.
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby Kiwi » Sun May 25, 2014 10:52 pm

Power players

Speed players

I'm probably an ambidextrous player. Survival/speed are probably traits that define what I do. I could care less about damage. :roll:

This should actually be good for a separate thread.
Kiwi

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Mon May 26, 2014 6:48 am

I agree with Kiwi here, a thread about that would be awesome! :D it's a great concept
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby The Rogue Titan » Mon May 26, 2014 6:54 am

Yeah, man! Make a thread for it. I would love that. :D
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion