Killstealing and the KDR: Do they matter to you?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Killstealing and the KDR: Do they matter to you?

Postby KaiserSenpai » Mon May 26, 2014 1:55 pm

What I don't understand is why people don't just up their difficulty.

Being slow on a kill is one thing, ex. but if he is obviously a noob I will watch over them
and make sure they get kills. Then a "Pro" will butt in and grab his kills.

How do you feel good about yourself after you just killed the titan that the other player was desperately trying to kill?
Titans spawn randomly, why follow the noob and steal his kills rather then go off, kill those titans and if he's still struggling kill his too.

My heart just goes out to those players climbing a huge titans back for a minute get to the nape, then have it grabbed from them. Everyone has
an opinion but this is a form of butting in line quickly, then being childish and saying: "LOL too slow." Congratulations for being fast, but childish nonetheless.

If you're so pro and can kill all the titans slicker split, why stay on normal or stay in a game with noobs. At least help them, give them tips - stealing kills is everything but pro. It's like when people play CoD on Christmas and call themselves the ultimate gamer, uh no you beat a bunch of noobs - great for you I guess?

The game is based on teamwork, and people just hate that. Not just on this game but many, teamwork? What does that Digimon evolve from??
KaiserSenpai

Postby Accelevi » Mon May 26, 2014 2:36 pm

> grab his kills
How is it "his" kill?

It's not his target alone, it's not like people are assigned only to SPECIFIC Titans by the game's function (not like some captain person assigning or such).
So it's not his target, nor is it his kill.

Of course I feel good because it means I got another kill.
If the other player can't kill it, that means he's either unlucky (glitch/connection/etc), or more likely, just bad at the game.
That's not my problem.

Titans do spawn randomly, but there's nothing saying I'm not allowed to kill a particular Titan.

If it takes a player that long to even try to kill the Titan, they are absolutely terrible at the game, and they should just go play on Single Player until they get better, or don't complain.

Assuming most players would be better than you, in this situation, it's like a rookie trying to enter a major league tournament. He doesn't stand a chance in most cases, and it's his fault for trying.
If he wants to get to that level, get better.

> Why stay on Normal or stay in a game with noobs
Oh, I didn't realize that about 90% of the hosted games are Normal difficulty because they consist of newbies who can't basically do anything in most cases.
Oh, I didn't realize there was something on the game bar that said it has newbies in it.

People complaining because they can't keep up is one thing.
When they complain about that when there is such a ridiculous gap between their skill and the other players' skill, that's just f***ing stupid.

> This game is based on teamwork.
This game is too easy to have any teamwork in it unless you're a newbie to the game.

> What does that Digimon evolve from???
Hooray, an ABSOLUTELY IRRELEVANT POINT.

TL;DR - Killstealing doesn't exist, your thoughts are naive and stupid, and complaining about killstealing is stupid, because it's like a newbie trying to play in the nationals of whatever sport, and not expecting to get completely, utterly crushed 99.99% of the time. Why should they go easy on them just because they're a newbie?

Newbies don't belong there, and if they want to play there nonetheless, then that's their choice, and they have no right to complain when what I said happens.

Sure, a lot of the times, other newbies will be playing, and you can all revel in your newbie level.
But don't blame the random pro or at least somewhat better player who just drops along in a random game and proceeds to wipe the floor.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Miracle » Mon May 26, 2014 7:40 pm

The purpose of the Forest 2/3 is to reach the higher waves and clear them as fast as possible. Most player tried to clear the titan closest to them, or those just happened to be on their way. You can't really say that they are kill stealing because if they slow down, wait for the beginner to kill the titan, and slow down the pace of the game, they are actually messing up the purpose of the game.

The 'better' player worked hard to reach their current level, there is never any reason for them to compromise and give those that didn't worked hard enough a chance anyway.

If you don't like the thought of having a random good player in your game, just limit your game such that all the player joining are your friends at the same level. There shouldn't be any skill discrimination if you open up a public game.

Also, there are only 2 kinds of player. The whiner (those who complaint that everything is the game's or other's fault), and the elitist (those who ask the whiner to git gud).
Miracle

Postby The Rogue Titan » Mon May 26, 2014 11:48 pm

Miracle wrote:The purpose of the Forest 2/3 is to reach the higher waves and clear them as fast as possible. Most player tried to clear the titan closest to them, or those just happened to be on their way. You can't really say that they are kill stealing because if they slow down, wait for the beginner to kill the titan, and slow down the pace of the game, they are actually messing up the purpose of the game.

The 'better' player worked hard to reach their current level, there is never any reason for them to compromise and give those that didn't worked hard enough a chance anyway.

If you don't like the thought of having a random good player in your game, just limit your game such that all the player joining are your friends at the same level. There shouldn't be any skill discrimination if you open up a public game.

Also, there are only 2 kinds of player. The whiner (those who complaint that everything is the game's or other's fault), and the elitist (those who ask the whiner to git gud).

Make that 3 kinds of players: The ones you mentioned, and the ones like myself that just want to have fun and don't realize why getting kills is such a big deal anyways. :oops:
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Terminus » Tue May 27, 2014 1:10 am

Or a fourth: The kind that strives to get better.
Terminus

Postby Eruner » Tue May 27, 2014 7:12 am

On the other hand, killing a titan when other guy is already attempting to kill it and can manage it in short time, is basically stealing an experience that he would gain from fail/success.
Eruner

Postby [Recon Corps_NakTah] » Tue May 27, 2014 8:50 am

well based on my multiple experiences, i say that there is no such thing as KS in AOTTG. If you are too slow,your prey would be killed by someone else. For example, i can already do 1K damages but only with the frontal attack technique so in conclusion, i saw a titan,buffing up my 3DMG, and when i go for the kill... BAM! someone already killed it. so basically, if you don't want another KS, practice your maneuvers and control.

and on the KDR side,well they do matter when it comes in bragging rights.and to tell if you are a true survivor among the others.but if a certain game you have joined on is just fooling around, well we cant judge it.. :D
[Recon Corps_NakTah]

Postby KaiserSenpai » Tue May 27, 2014 8:32 pm

Accelevi wrote:> grab his kills
How is it "his" kill?

It's not his target alone, it's not like people are assigned only to SPECIFIC Titans by the game's function (not like some captain person assigning or such).
So it's not his target, nor is it his kill.

Of course I feel good because it means I got another kill.
If the other player can't kill it, that means he's either unlucky (glitch/connection/etc), or more likely, just bad at the game.
That's not my problem.

Titans do spawn randomly, but there's nothing saying I'm not allowed to kill a particular Titan.

If it takes a player that long to even try to kill the Titan, they are absolutely terrible at the game, and they should just go play on Single Player until they get better, or don't complain.

Assuming most players would be better than you, in this situation, it's like a rookie trying to enter a major league tournament. He doesn't stand a chance in most cases, and it's his fault for trying.
If he wants to get to that level, get better.

> Why stay on Normal or stay in a game with noobs
Oh, I didn't realize that about 90% of the hosted games are Normal difficulty because they consist of newbies who can't basically do anything in most cases.
Oh, I didn't realize there was something on the game bar that said it has newbies in it.

People complaining because they can't keep up is one thing.
When they complain about that when there is such a ridiculous gap between their skill and the other players' skill, that's just f***ing stupid.

> This game is based on teamwork.
This game is too easy to have any teamwork in it unless you're a newbie to the game.

> What does that Digimon evolve from???
Hooray, an ABSOLUTELY IRRELEVANT POINT.

TL;DR - Killstealing doesn't exist, your thoughts are naive and stupid, and complaining about killstealing is stupid, because it's like a newbie trying to play in the nationals of whatever sport, and not expecting to get completely, utterly crushed 99.99% of the time. Why should they go easy on them just because they're a newbie?

Newbies don't belong there, and if they want to play there nonetheless, then that's their choice, and they have no right to complain when what I said happens.

Sure, a lot of the times, other newbies will be playing, and you can all revel in your newbie level.
But don't blame the random pro or at least somewhat better player who just drops along in a random game and proceeds to wipe the floor.

Nice opinion on my point.

Anyway, I just don't see how it's being an advanced player or a sign of teamwork.
If you go out your way to "stalk" the noob and follow him to just "kill steal" it, it's everything but teamwork.

Yes it isn't "his kill" necessarily but why take it if he's struggling? Why not give him tips? Why is killing it your 1st thought as a way to solve it? If you really cared about teamwork you'd stopped and give tips not just say "too bad" this is serious teamwork, not Call of Duty.

Another sign of no teamwork is when a noob gets grabbed and the other player who was "steal killing"
watches and wait - for his score to be even better or what?

It's teamwork at some points, which is just amazing. But mostly it's childish "Five high, hah! Too slow!"
I'm not knocking people back but my heart goes out for them, how will they get better if they aren't trained?

I know people want to be the very best, but I do want a challenge - that little noob over there with some teaching could be the biggest challenger in the future.

So since the noobs only make normal games instead of changing the status quo you just go with it? Make a hard game if you want, abnormal if you want - who cares what Bob plays?

Most of this is questions, honestly I'm just confused! It's like American teachers, instead of teaching they deal with it like: "You'll figure it out later."

Call this opinion stupid but honestly it seem's like the only excuse for "steal killing" is "The other person was too slow."
Is there anything else? If they lack the skill they need to learn it - "(Name)-Senpai, will you teach me how to kill titans like you do?"
I've people ask, not like that and the advance player make a rude remark - it's like they're being full of themselves or something?

But this is just all from what I've seen playing, I haven't had someone kill steal because as I play with friends - it is annoying when my friend is 300 meters and claims it's his - that is ridiculous. If I'm grab by a titan and my friend helps, does that count as a kill steal haha?
KaiserSenpai

Postby Accelevi » Tue May 27, 2014 8:46 pm

are u even srs

> How will they get better if they aren't trained
It couldn't QUITE POSSIBLY BE by training themselves in SP, could it?

Like I said, there's no such thing as killstealing.
And most people who "killsteal" won't just let someone else die.
They'd kill it like usual if they get there in time.

Teaching takes an unholy amount of time, because you have to start from fundamentals.
With the treasure trove of resources and tuts here, if you can't figure it out yourself, that's just being lazy.
Even without the forum, there's tons on Youtube.

Eruner wrote:On the other hand, killing a titan when other guy is already attempting to kill it and can manage it in short time, is basically stealing an experience that he would gain from fail/success.

Or you know, you could count being too slow as a failure, meaning you have to get better/faster.
If they can manage it in a short time, and you still get the kill, that just means that short time was too long.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue May 27, 2014 8:50 pm

Well to be fair, I have seen a few "pros" let someone die because the person was grabbed and the Titan was standing still so he tried to get high damage. :| But all in all. Yes if you're too slow that sucks for you. And I'm pretty sure no one just follows around newbs. That would serve no purpose.
Last edited by The Rogue Titan on Tue May 27, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion