A plea to Feng,

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: A plea to Feng,

Postby Doki » Wed May 28, 2014 12:05 pm

Most of these "modders" are just people using cheat engine to increase their speed in the game though, which is at best low level "hacking", and not really modding. Most legit modding we've had so far in the game has actually been really beneficial to the game and it's community, as thanks to those the game was able to hang on throughout the 4 month drought thanks to dedicated servers, the new gamemode forest 4 is obviously based on the modded lava gamemode, some people that have the current modded client commonly kick unresponsive players, restart bugged rounds, etc. Im not making an excuse for modders here, but instead pointing out that although I understand why Feng does not approve of modders, really the problem are these cheatengine users, since they are able to mess with the game in a much more destructive matter. If actual modding becomes an issue, then by all means, that should be discussed then.

Which brings me to my second point, about giving mods the power to IP ban players: HAHAHA, No. This is a horrible idea, as no single person should EVER be given such power, hell even a group shouldn't be given that amount of power, a system like that is just asking for internet drama to arise, and I want my Chinese browser games to be as drama free as possible, especially because how easy it would be for someone who has then gained this ban-power to just go on a massive banning spree out of a sudden. Honestly, I agree 100% with a votekick system, or a system where the host can kick other players, but giving IP-banning powers on a game to someone is just about the most stupid idea I've ever heard in this community.
Doki

Postby The Rogue Titan » Wed May 28, 2014 12:17 pm

I don't see why that's a stupid idea. The mods on this forum are trustworthy and care about this community. I don't see why or how you think they'd abuse their power. That's stupid. They would have never gotten the position they are in now unless Feng trusted them. So wouldn't he trust them with running the game too.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Flonne » Wed May 28, 2014 8:15 pm

Well, there's already been plenty of drama regarding the existing mods, but I'm not going to bother with that. It's already been explained that IP banning isn't going to solve the problem in the first place; it's easy to proxy and even easier to obtain a new IP address; and IP range banning is, obviously, going to result in collateral damage. Votekicking would be much easier to implement -- and furthermore, it would be more effective, as it gives every player in every lobby the agency to remove the problem, rather than a few moderators. Democracy is a powerful thing.

Even with the new problem of "oh, but what if hackers band together and create a majority such that they can't be kicked?", you have the answer of simply not playing with them, as you do now. This would probably be the best-case scenario, in fact, because concentrating hackers all in one place means they aren't polluting as many other lobbies; and the few that do would be easily kicked.
Flonne

Postby Accelevi » Wed May 28, 2014 8:17 pm

I already discussed vote kick idea somewhere.

Host can kick, but for every 5 people, he needs one supporter to follow it through, only he can start.
So like if 10 people including host, he needs 2 others to support, etc.

Host cannot be kicked.

etc etc

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Ghosthunter » Thu May 29, 2014 4:31 am

I'm not really sure why are we still discussing this when we should probably act.
Ghosthunter

Postby Marki243 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:05 am

Ghosthunter wrote:I'm not really sure why are we still discussing this when we should probably act.

Well, quite like the United Nations, not everyone really is okay with certain terms.
Marki243

Postby Lyndis » Thu May 29, 2014 10:38 am

Ghosthunter wrote:I'm not really sure why are we still discussing this when we should probably act.

How exactly would you propose acting? As far as I can tell, all we could do would be to request Feng to include vote-kick or just leave any game with cheating PTs in it. There isn't a great deal else we could do.
Lyndis

Postby Nanai » Thu May 29, 2014 1:28 pm

Annie Leonhardt wrote:We have to find them, and Feng can IP ban them one by one (or a mod with given permission)
And even if the votekick is added, what stops the player to rejoin the server?

There are plenty of games where you can kick a person for the duration of the session, so you don't have to worry about them getting back on unless they change accounts.

There were other suggestions about having a software that detects abnormalities in the function of the game, like a player titan moving faster than they should. Again, this has been done in many games and is referred to as a hackshield. True, it may kick lagging players, but you just need to adjust the threshold accordingly. I think Feng may be able to get a 3rd party software to rig up a hackshield but I am not too sure about what Unity supports.

Also, along with a vote-kick system, they also need password protected rooms. Then you can only play with players who you can have fun with. By having these rooms, the only rooms hackers can join are free rooms which may be few depending on how the community organizes themselves.
Nanai

Postby The Rogue Titan » Thu May 29, 2014 2:58 pm

Yeah. We can't do much but sit here and hope the dev team and Feng hear our cries. :cry:
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Zenku Arboless » Thu May 29, 2014 4:27 pm

I do beleive my Point has been put across well enough, So its up to you mods Now, Lock it or leave it Open for future Forum Posters to discuss.
Zenku Arboless

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion