Flare Systems (Check it out, you know you want to ^-^)

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Flare Systems (Check it out, you know you want to ^-^)

Postby Someone Legit » Wed May 28, 2014 1:29 pm

TitanFodder
TitanFodder wrote:What's up with all the emphasis on Crawlers? They aren't even a big deal, especially for experienced players. I think a good flare system should involve signalling the location of a player titan.

Well, if you aren't aware of it for some reason, a synonym of "crawler" is "rape train", damned things can wipe out the entire server, even if you have "good" players in it. Knowing that a rape train really is somewhere out there makes you more careful and reduces your chance of getting surprise-butt-sex-ed.

Z.E.D
Z.E.D wrote:You forgot

All flares = PLayer titan

Sorry, I just don't play on PvP servers at all, so I'll have to trust you on that one. I suppose there's no real need for a complete flare system on PvP servers so, yes, it could simply be that Rainbow = Player Titan.

d_OVRKLL
d_OVRKLL wrote:1) I feel like the point he was getting at was the flares can be utilized in more sophisticated ways to help improve the gameplay experience, so he was just putting an idea out there.
2) The "Sinter Flare System" is pretty intuitive. The bottom 3 spoilers, I'm not very fond of.

1) Yeah, that was pretty much it. I just noticed that really almost nobody used any kind of flare system (some did not use flares at all) and I wanted was to make a proposal for the forumers, having various flare systems for better communication and therefore a better gameplay experience as you called it + more chances of beating / completing the game.
2) Thanks, I'm not exactly proud of it for some reason but I use it all the time, even if the others don't know what I mean.
Also, the others aren't exactly bad. They're simple, straightforward and pretty much take less time to explain to others and for them to implement them into their playstyle.
Spoiler:
1 Green: General marking of a safe location. If players see a green flare, they can trust that going over there is safe.
1 Red: "Danger". Should mark somewhere that is dangerous.
1 Black: Abnormal sighted. To be used by those in combat for the Scout to see

Theoretical Flare Codes
1 Black 1 Green (SCOUT): This means they notice a crawler on the map, but it isn't approaching anyone
1 Black 1 Red (SCOUT): Crawler OR regular Abnormal sighted and IT IS APPROACHING teammates
1 Green 1 Red (PLAYERS IN COMBAT): "Come here, assistance needed". Probably to be used by the Front Line to ask for help from the Support and the other way around.
2 Black (PLAYERS IN COMBAT): If a team (2 or more people) are at a location swormed with Abnornals and needs assistance

Mind if I edit that into my post? ^^

Accel + BSC
Answer :
Eters wrote:the flare system changes more often than you think , i've seen many times at the start of a round where people actually discuss what each flare means before starting to play.

I do the same thing, but instead I make my proposal after a wipe on 10+ waves, so that people will actually listen ._.

Rogue Titan
A7X Rogue Titan wrote:Guys, I think he's mainly just sharing his views and ideas on the flare system so others can use it if they would like to. I like it. I probably won't use any of these because my friends and I have our own flare system, but it's good that you're giving ideas or taking them from others. ;)

Thanks, I've mentioned that's what I was doing somewhere in this post ^^
Also, mind explaining you flare system to me?
PS : To be used as an add-on to my first post, so it's going public '-'

General note : If we have the damned flares in the game, why not use them the best we can? :D
Wow, it's hard both making and replying to a post that big x.x
Last edited by Someone Legit on Wed May 28, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Someone Legit

Postby The Rogue Titan » Wed May 28, 2014 1:46 pm

Green=Regroup here
Red=I found and I'm engaging a Titan or a group of them. So help if you want.
Black=Crawler/Player

My friends and I just classify aberrants as regular Titans because they're easy enough to take out. So aberrants go under the red flare. It's not as expansive as the others, having different combinations, but it's simple and effective to my team.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Someone Legit » Wed May 28, 2014 2:01 pm

I'm not sure if the red flare should be used for a single titan, but since it works I'll guess it's better than what i think of it.
Also, about that green flare, what exactly do you mean by regroup?
Do you maybe have a killing etiquette for Forest 2 /3 ?
EG : leave the last titan alive, refill + regroup, get into formation / spread across the map, and then proceed to kill the last titan?
Or it it something different entirely?
PS : Sorry for criticising your flare system (I think I'm rather criticising it, aren't I? '-'), another purpose of this topic / thread / idk is to discuss potential flare systems as well as to inquire on + improve already existing ones. No need to change your system because of me, I'm just trying to make the best out of it so that I understand what I'm pasting into my post ._.
PS : Like I just said, if any of you have a suggestion to change a flare system I've already presented, feel free to do so. It's better that way ^^
Someone Legit

Postby The Rogue Titan » Wed May 28, 2014 2:30 pm

By regroup, I mean for everyone to go to the green flare. We are never out of sight of eachother. But if a crawler or Player Titan comes in, we scatter into teams of 2. Once the threat is down, then I(or whoever is next in line if I'm dead) Shoot a green flare for us to get into formation again. The main times we use red flares is if we found the last Titan since in city, it always seems to be a really tiny Titan that is hiding. Just in case we die to him. Even though that rarely happens, you can never be too careful. And we use it for a group of them too. Usually more than 3.

And sometimes for green flares, we do it to set up a later rendezvous point. Since the flares stay in the air for a little bit, we shoot it wherever we are going to meet up after a fight. A fight being, a player, a crawler, or a large group of Titans.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby Dikasa » Wed May 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Someone Legit wrote:Another FS was suggested to me by Dikasa
Simion Flare System
Black : Crawler
Red : Backup Black : Crawler
Green : Help

Thanks for the proper recognition. <3
Dikasa

Postby Someone Legit » Wed May 28, 2014 3:52 pm

(Anything for you Dik <3)
Okay, I'll be including that into the original post now, thanks ^^
Ah, last (2) questions, do you use that flare system on all kinds of maps and modes, or are there variations? (City / Forest PvP / Forest)
Furthermore, how many people is your group comprised of, and are there any change for an uneven number of people or a unusually skilled player?
Also, it'd help if you took a look at my re-writing of your game etiquette, just in case I get something wrong. No need to make a post, just PM what I need to correct or give me the corrected version. (Or if you want the name changed xD)
Someone Legit

Postby The Rogue Titan » Wed May 28, 2014 4:06 pm

Our group is 8 people. We each play as different characters. If there is an odd number playing, the odd one out will be added to any squad he wants to. There are no variations for different maps. The same flare system applies to all maps. That's why Black flares are for crawlers and Player Titans. Red is just Titans in general, and green is regroup here. The only thing that's changed is in Annie. Sometimes the green flare is to lead Annie here. But that still applies to the regrouping since she just follows everyone.
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby Accelevi » Wed May 28, 2014 7:58 pm

d_OVRKLL wrote:
Accelevi wrote:What's the point of this?
It's not official, and it's all up to the host/players to decide what they mean, besides a few basics.

BSC wrote:Flare system is too..impossible to really use when defined outside of the game. For one, not everybody visits the forum too look at threads like this. If you really want a useful flare system in use, define what each mean at the Start of the game. I simply use flares to notify players of something nasty like abnormals or crawlers. If I'm trying to help players to kill if they're noob, I use flares to indicate where titans are for them to try to kill. As said earlier, you can't really utilise a flare system before joining a game unless Feng specifically adds in details of what each mean, which I doubt he will. He'll probably leave these things to our own devices.

What's with all the negativity, guys. Instead of talking about what it is or isn't RIGHT NOW, let's discuss what it COULD be. The point is so that if people haven't been able to come up with a system, they can use this as one or they can use it as a starting point for developing their own. Maybe eventually, it can be come a standard. I feel like the point he was getting at was the flares can be utilized in more sophisticated ways to help improve the gameplay experience, so he was just putting an idea out there. That's how the non-existent come to fruition; from an idea.

This reminds me of a thread I wrote a while ago about team organization and I had a similar system for flare usage at the end: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7011

My Theoretical Flare System
1 Green: General marking of a safe location. If players see a green flare, they can trust that going over there is safe.
1 Red: "Danger". Should mark somewhere that is dangerous.
1 Black: Abnormal sighted. To be used by those in combat for the Scout to see

Theoretical Flare Codes
1 Black 1 Green (SCOUT): This means they notice a crawler on the map, but it isn't approaching anyone
1 Black 1 Red (SCOUT): Crawler OR regular Abnormal sighted and IT IS APPROACHING teammates
1 Green 1 Red (PLAYERS IN COMBAT): "Come here, assistance needed". Probably to be used by the Front Line to ask for help from the Support and the other way around.
2 Black (PLAYERS IN COMBAT): If a team (2 or more people) are at a location swormed with Abnornals and needs assistance

I really really like this because it works in conjunction with the system I had where I had someone be designated as the scout. It can help make mid game communication fluid and consistent. The "Sinter Flare System" is pretty intuitive. The bottom 3 spoilers, I'm not very fond of.

You know, except it would be pointless to make it official.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby The Rogue Titan » Wed May 28, 2014 8:11 pm

I don't think it has anything to do with being official. I think it's mainly just to give people ideas on how to use their flares. Obviously, it's up to the players on how they want to use them. But looking at this list could inspire ideas for their own system.
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby d_OVRKLL » Wed May 28, 2014 11:01 pm

A7X Rogue Titan wrote: I don't think it has anything to do with being official. I think it's mainly just to give people ideas on how to use their flares. Obviously, it's up to the players on how they want to use them. But looking at this list could inspire ideas for their own system.

d_OVRKLL wrote:The point is so that if people haven't been able to come up with a system, they can use this as one or they can use it as a starting point for developing their own. Maybe eventually, it can be come a standard.

Just reiterating
d_OVRKLL

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion