Flare Systems (Check it out, you know you want to ^-^)

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Flare Systems (Check it out, you know you want to ^-^)

Postby Accelevi » Thu May 29, 2014 1:26 am

Oh I thought this was in suggestions, so that was the reason I was acting as such.
Sorry~

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Weapioneer » Fri May 30, 2014 2:58 am

My personal system is to use green for GO or rally, red for group of titans when there aren't any other players around, and black for aberrant/crawlers. What I don't get is why feng only implemented 3 flares, rather than all seven. Sure, there is a bit of a problem with people spewing skyward rainbows, but personally I find it better for coordination. Also, flare firing sound, but I suppose that is probably on every suggestions thread so nevermind. I like the fact that in one of the recent updates, it shows a coloured arrow on your character pointing towards the flares, it helps in spotting them.

Full Canon Flare system
The ammo the Survey Corps uses for the 57th expedition beyond the Walls is the following:

Red - Titan spotted.
Black - Deviant Type Titan spotted.
Purple - An emergency of some kind.
Blue - An order to retreat.
Green - Change direction of the formation: Fired by the commander in one direction to indicate a change in the direction, and then repeated by the relay soldiers.
Yellow - This lets everyone know that the mission has been terminated, be it successfully or failed.
Sound- While leading the Female Titan through the Forest of Giant Trees, Levi used a special shell that emitted a high-pitched noise.
Weapioneer

Postby Someone Legit » Fri May 30, 2014 12:51 pm

Wow, I'd totally forgotten about those, much appreciated *is ashamed*
Yeah, it sucks that Feng did not account for all of those flares, but I think I might know why. Maybe.
1) Flares were implemented during the very early stages of the game and so they were very basic. It worked pretty well though, and it still does, so he just forgot about it and never attempted to add more depth to that aspect of the game.
2) Rainbow lag, it's really obvious when a person with a modded client comes and breaks the game with scores of rainbow flares, imagine if every single troller could do that.
Altough if people actually stuck to it and didn't just spam rainbows, there'd be so much more to do with flares systems as being limited to only 3 flares really leaves no space at all for innovation. :(
(Flare arrow? Didn't notice any differences to be honest)
Also, sorry but I won't be including that flare system in the post, it's about 95% same as Leviki's system ._.
I'll be including that Full Canon Flare System though, just changing the order a bit so it becomes easier to understand :D
Someone Legit

Postby The Rogue Titan » Fri May 30, 2014 1:00 pm

Well if he does add all the other flares, he could make them have cooldowns. Like if you use 1 you can't use another for a few seconds.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Someone Legit » Sat May 31, 2014 12:18 am

I believe that would be a bit limiting actually.
If nothing else, it'd have to be a CD that's activated only if you shoot two flares in rapid succession (time window of 3-5 seconds maybe?) so that you can at least have a double-flare flare, something quite rudimental for a proper flare system.
It would leave space for more customisation while somewhat keeping spammers at bay.
Actually I think we could just forward this thing straight to GS, it seems like it would take less than 10 minutes to code it.
The effect is there, the colour should be incredibly easy to change, and for the controls, just make a menu inside the menu for the flares.
You click the "Flares" box and it forwards you to a sub-menu just for the flares. Should be easy enough, but I have no experience in coding so......yeah, idk
Someone Legit

Postby The Rogue Titan » Sat May 31, 2014 1:24 am

Someone Legit wrote:I believe that would be a bit limiting actually.
If nothing else, it'd have to be a CD that's activated only if you shoot two flares in rapid succession (time window of 3-5 seconds maybe?) so that you can at least have a double-flare flare, something quite rudimental for a proper flare system.
It would leave space for more customisation while somewhat keeping spammers at bay.
Actually I think we could just forward this thing straight to GS, it seems like it would take less than 10 minutes to code it.
The effect is there, the colour should be incredibly easy to change, and for the controls, just make a menu inside the menu for the flares.
You click the "Flares" box and it forwards you to a sub-menu just for the flares. Should be easy enough, but I have no experience in coding so......yeah, idk

Yeah I like the sound of that.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Weapioneer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:55 pm

I don't see how a modded client spamming rainbows would change things. If they could hack their client to reduce cool down times to 0 and have an autoclicker, then why can't they do this with the current system? having 4 more flares would probably increase the lag if they did so, but hackers seem to focus more on direct trolling like high speed player titans or such rather than just increasing lag. Personally, I would like it if the flare cool down was reduced to 5s-10s.
Weapioneer

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:29 pm

Modded flare clients are used to spam flares a ton, which lags the game into oblivion
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby Someone Legit » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:05 pm

Actually, I was talking about how giving 7 flares to normal non-modded trolls would give them a lot more firepower for artificial lagz
Also I do agree on that 5-10 seconds cooldown but we would probably get a
Lol no™
-By Accelevi, yours truly

(In the name of canon)
Anyhow, I'll be making that game suggestion now. I don't expect it to need much debate so I'll make it a poll instead and see how it goes.
Someone Legit

Postby Accelevi » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:05 pm

Why would lolno a flare CD?
( ._. )

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion