Do you think Feng should add outlining back?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Do you think Feng should add outlining back?

Postby Kiwi » Fri May 30, 2014 7:54 pm

I wasn't there when Feng had the outlining on the titans, but I did watch a video and saw what they looked like.

Eh, the outlining matched the cartoony style of the anime but honestly it looked too cartoony and made them stand out a lot.
Plus titans already stand out in the forest because they're so pink. xD I think it was to help people distinguish them easily in that bland training 0 map. ugh.

Not sure if suggestion either.
Kiwi

Postby higurashimerlin » Sat May 31, 2014 12:27 am

The main plus to using the old shaders is less lag.
higurashimerlin

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Sat May 31, 2014 1:02 am

I wouldn't mind having a toggle for it :) that way, people who like the outline could have it, people who don't can play like normal. I remember showing one of my friends a picture of an older version with outlining and he said "is that what the game looks like now?" and after I told him that that was an older version he said that it looked much better like that
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby TheNick » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:08 am

I like the concept of outlines, since it matches the very bold anime style.

Then again, it's not necessarily always a good thing to try and match styles and it might not go 'pretty' with the new art updates that were made since the bold outlines were removed. Any artistic people able to mock something up for people to look at? Everybody likes looking at pretty pictures.
TheNick

Previous

Return to General Discussion