High Speed or High Damage?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

High Speed or High Damage?

Postby Mee-Ka-Saa » Sat May 31, 2014 10:26 pm

Which play style do you guys prefer when playing, killing multiple titans really fast (not talking about a high speed vector strike or of the likes but combos)? Or killing titans with large amounts of damage? Or perhaps a balance?

I myself prefer fast combo kills dropping titans left and right without stopping, although the downside to maximizing this combo speed is the low damage output. My damage with this play style ranges from 10-300ish and an occasional 500. Keep in mind this is with the mindset of dropping titans with the least amount of time possible, so something like an equator strike or disengaging to come in at a better angle is going to chew up time. Though which style I use depends on the map too, high speed for city and player titans and for the forest i prefer high damage (I play city the most xD).

So which play style do you guys enjoy the most?
Mee-Ka-Saa

Re: High Speed or High Daamge?

Postby Accelevi » Sat May 31, 2014 10:28 pm

Combos, because going smooth = going continually faster = more speed = more damage, and you get fast kills as a bonus.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Connorhere » Sat May 31, 2014 10:44 pm

Personally i don't strive for high damage because tbh i probably wont get it, so i suppose killing several titans back to back quickly would be what i do more. However theres no doubting i mess up quite a lot so i don't always keep a solid streak of kills or anything.

Though there are loads of people on here who fling around the forest map getting back to back kills with nearly always 1k+ damage, occasionally reaching 2-4k.
Connorhere

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Sat May 31, 2014 10:55 pm

I personally like a balance :) if I were to kill 3 Titans back to back quickly, I would feel pretty great about myself, but it'd be quite underwhelming to do so with only 60 damage each or along those lines. I honestly just like flying around the forest, quickly swinging past a Titans nape for around 800 and then rinse and repeat.
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby Terminus » Sat May 31, 2014 11:47 pm

I lean more towards getting rid of titans quicker, I don't have the patience to set up Hydra Strikes and the like to get 2k hits. The way I see it, high damage is a nice reward for skillful maneuvering.
Terminus

Postby The Rogue Titan » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:26 am

I prefer taking them out as fast as I can. High damage is just a bonus.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Thirdkazekage » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:57 am

High speed > High Damage
That's for me :D
Thirdkazekage

Postby BSC » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:09 am

For me they're the same thing. I only kill fast due to my speed and from that speed I can achieve the 800+ somewhat consistently. The best way in killing Titans are to understand the 3DMG physics to achieve maximum fluidity in movement. Damage will slowly build up over the course of maturing your knowledge in using the 3DMG. Setting up mainly for very high damage is somewhat stupid to me.
Last edited by BSC on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
BSC

Re: High Speed or High Damage?

Postby Khally » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:18 am

*title fixed*

Definitely speed and efficiency. The damage values mean nothing to me and they will still come naturally with the previously mentioned qualities.
Khally

Re: High Speed or High Damage?

Postby Levvuny » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:24 am

I like speed way more, but if I can get a 2k every now and again, it's fun.
Levvuny

Next

Return to General Discussion