AOTTG - How far can it go?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

AOTTG - How far can it go?

Postby pavichokche » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:47 pm

I love the game, and have been playing it from the early all-gray 3 character versions. I love what it has evolved into, and there are so many things I'd like to see done. So I was wondering, knowing the developer's limitations (not owning the franchise, working alone, etc), how far could the game go? Do you think it's possible for the people who do own the franchise to contact Feng and make the game more official? Or could the game go on the Steam greenlight program?

I just don't want the game to reach a standstill where it is now, or anytime soon.
pavichokche
 

 

Re: AOTTG - How far can it go?

Postby HIT0SHI » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:01 pm

If it doesn't get approved by the owner of the SnK/AoT franchise, then there is no way it can be ever available on the Steam Greenlight program.
Especially since hes not allowed yet to make a dime out of it, though he is getting advertisement revenue from the browser.

As far as I know, this game is far better than the actual official game SnK 3DS due to being able to maneuver around with the 3DMG just like in the show; As well as being heavily appraised by fans.
This gives it a better chance of it getting approved but from what I recall, Fenglee doesn't (aside from his animator Jiang Li) want any help in the game as it is his project. There has been a dev team announced a while ago, so this might change.
HIT0SHI
 

Re: AOTTG - How far can it go?

Postby Zarythe » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:03 pm

I mean, i could try to contact Isayama (i found his blog huehue time to harass) and tell him about the game, but i think that might not lead to good things, there are 2 possible options:

1. He takes an interest, starts to play the game > contacts feng > so on.

2. Gets greedy because their 3Ds game wasn't that popular outside of Japan and tries some sort of an copyright trick and shit would die.
And the most likely option will be 2. But he is a troll, so option 1 has hope...

But i'd rather not contact him
Zarythe
 

Re: AOTTG - How far can it go?

Postby Noodler » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:17 pm

Why would he shut it down? It's free advertisement.
Noodler
 

Re: AOTTG - How far can it go?

Postby HIT0SHI » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:22 pm

Noodler wrote:Why would he shut it down? It's free advertisement.


Very true, but you never know... :twisted:
HIT0SHI
 

Re: AOTTG - How far can it go?

Postby Terminus » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:14 pm

Noodler wrote:Why would he shut it down? It's free advertisement.


And Nintendo Lets Plays are free advertisement for them, but they still throw a fit about YouTubers. People don't always make sense.
Terminus
 

Re: AOTTG - How far can it go?

Postby The Rogue Titan » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:51 pm

Why would you say the game is at a standstill? The game keeps getting more and more players by the day. And we had 3 updates in one month. Thanks fucking great if you ask me.
Image
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
User avatar
The Rogue Titan
Moderator
 
Posts: 1716
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:02 pm
Location: In the blood of Eren Jaeger.
Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Re: AOTTG - How far can it go?

Postby pavichokche » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:09 pm

A7X Rogue Titan wrote:Why would you say the game is at a standstill? The game keeps getting more and more players by the day. And we had 3 updates in one month. Thanks fucking great if you ask me.


You didn't understand my meaning - I don't want the game to stop expanding where it is now, or anytime soon. I was saying that because I've seen many projects (not just video games) online, some with a serious following, worked on by just one or two people, which slowly die out as the developer(s) lose interest/move on to something new. It would be a shame if in a year this game is second on Feng's list of tribute games, as he moves on to something else.

HIT0SHI wrote:As far as I know, this game is far better than the actual official game SnK 3DS due to being able to maneuver around with the 3DMG just like in the show;


Yeah, I also got that impression. However, I thought it was interesting that (unfortunately) in the show they do tend to maneuver like in the official 3Ds game. I mean, most of the time their hooks just go off screen in some horizontal direction and they go flying up on the wall. Anyway, that's off-topic.
pavichokche
 

Re: AOTTG - How far can it go?

Postby TheGreatJedi » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:39 pm

pavichokche wrote:You didn't understand my meaning - I don't want the game to stop expanding where it is now, or anytime soon. I was saying that because I've seen many projects (not just video games) online, some with a serious following, worked on by just one or two people, which slowly die out as the developer(s) lose interest/move on to something new. It would be a shame if in a year this game is second on Feng's list of tribute games, as he moves on to something else.


Quote from someone
Son you must believe in the developers
If you start doubting them it may be the start of the downfall

This game is too great to just disappear in just a year
Besides This is Feng Dream To be able to create a multiplayer game for everyone
And people all over the world supported him
We have greater expectation for future updates and Feng won't let us down like that
We believe in him and we trust him. That alone already give Feng Motivation and he also enjoys making this game

So there is no way that Game Fans and Feng will let this game shutdown
Its the best fast paced game i played so far
Last edited by TheGreatJedi on Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheGreatJedi
 

Re: AOTTG - How far can it go?

Postby HIT0SHI » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:48 pm

Just because this a Tribute game in which then it could be released officially, it doesn't necessarily mean it will stay as a "standstill" game and it wont get any updates as a whole.

Also Jedi... What do meant to say by quoting us? :o

off topic
pavichokche wrote:Yeah, I also got that impression. However, I thought it was interesting that (unfortunately) in the show they do tend to maneuver like in the official 3Ds game. I mean, most of the time their hooks just go off screen in some horizontal direction and they go flying up on the wall. Anyway, that's off-topic.

Agreed. Most of the time there just hooking to a tree that must be like 3 miles away and there still going forward in the same altitude. :lol:
But Fenglee's version is superb. If for one reason or another, they make another game I wouldn't mind if it was an exact replica on Fenglee's concept of 3DMG.
Last edited by HIT0SHI on Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HIT0SHI
 

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest