Racing Mode: Opinions and tips

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Racing Mode: Opinions and tips

Postby Lyndis » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:03 pm

Just to open discussion on this subject.
What are people's feelings about this mode in particular? Have you developed any strategies or techniques yet?

Personally, I think this is better than lava to learn 3DMG skills and get to grips with the new gas boost. I prefer to start each race by heading to the back of the starting area, hooking the middle bar at t=-1.0 and gassing forwards to get a high speed start.
Lyndis

Re: Racing Mode: Opinions and tips

Postby liala » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:17 pm

I also think it's good at helping you getting better at 3DMG.
I tend to get confused by the arrows because you can see through the walls. But you just have to get used to it.
liala

Postby xRivailution » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:43 pm

The walls being transparent are confusing as hell.

But I see serious improvement when I play it, not only do I get better maneuvering, but I also get more precise hits.

Its a good way to learn how to use the gas boost, and to watch your gas, especially when playing as Mikasa! :D
xRivailution

Postby TheGreatJedi » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:16 pm

Sometimes I'am Having a hard time seeing my cursor indicator Resulting to a missed hook
But it sure does improved your maneuvering through narrow areas
TheGreatJedi

Postby d_OVRKLL » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:54 pm

I love it I love it I love it. It's a great way to keep me interested in the game (it gets boring since I have never played with people before) and improve my movement. My only real complaint is there could be better directions at times. Like maybe arrows along the walls and not ONLY at the turns. I also wish certain sections didn't have the height restriction. I feel like there should generally only be invisible walls to extend the side walls.

As for techniques, I have a couple that have come to me while playing. I have a weirder movement style than most people because I play with my 360 controller and with Jean/Eren who aren't as fast as other characters. For the most part it's just things that might be obvious to the better players out there.

-When making turns, hook near the edge of the wall and turn the camera so that you're already looking down the next "hall" before you actually complete the turn
-After whipping around a corner and going fast enough to not need hooks, use gas, release the gas and then gas burst towards the end
-When approaching the Lava Walls, try to whip around the corner quickly, and just fly along side one of the walls
-The turn after the lava walls with the random tall poles isn't as much of an obstacle course as it seems; There appears to be a bunch of "holes" that if you're going fast enough through, you'll fly right by
-With a lot of the obstacles that cut off space in the middle, I have found success with them by gaining a lot of speed, "throwing" myself to the floor and sliding, and then hooking under as I go underneath the obstacle and releasing to regain my speed coming out.
d_OVRKLL

Postby AirZ » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:44 am

I really love it as well.
The walls being transperant is good, as the dull grey textures could cause you to get 'lost' in the distance (similar to battle training ground and city 1 in the old version).
If the grey skin got a bit of a texture, you could more easily tell distance when you run over the floor.

Also, the starting box shouldn't be open, you can just go outside and finish under 40 seconds.
AirZ

Postby The Rogue Titan » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:25 pm

I think it's awesome and fun. Especially with friends.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Kami-Sama » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:48 pm

Its fun, but i don't feel any better...
Kami-Sama

Postby Zarythe » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:49 pm

Racing map is literally the only good part of this update, a lot of people will agree with me on that. And i actually enjoy it. It's a nice challenge, its like its made just for me.

Best time is 88 secs by the way
Zarythe

Postby SlyThePug » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:21 pm

I love this mode, especially online because your testing your skills.
But I really dont like the bug that allows you to get out of the starting part.
SlyThePug

Next

Return to General Discussion