Is the game too easy or did we become too good?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Is the game too easy or did we become too good?

Postby xRivailution » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:38 pm

Recently I was thinking about something, is the game really easy or did we improve so much?
Because, each time I play a game, even though I am not even that good yet, Titans feel like pigs made for the slaughter.

If I equator cut each Titan for the whole 21 waves, even though it would take long, I would still win, even in hard mode.

So my questions for you guys is:

Does the game truly need more difficulty?
Are we just too good?
Do we need more fun or more difficulty?
xRivailution

Re: Is the game too easy or did we become too good?

Postby The Rogue Titan » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:38 pm

I made a thread exactly like this like a few weeks ago... :?

And there were mixed feelings. Obviously people who have played for a while are good and the newbs are not. It's that simple.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby The Sketcher » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:22 pm

A7X Rogue Titan wrote:I made a thread exactly like this like a few weeks ago... :?

And there were mixed feelings. Obviously people who have played for a while are good and the newbs are not. It's that simple.

Yeah. An easy game is something in which anyone can sweep through the first and easiest level at the easiest mode on each try, even if you're a super-newb. This is not really the case in this game.

Even the pros can make mistakes and die at Hard before sweeping a level of 10 titans.
Last edited by The Sketcher on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Sketcher

Postby TheGreatJedi » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:26 pm

That is why people sometimes make their own hardcore rules and stuff
I'am always looking for server where they have hardcore rules so i can test my self rather than randomly killing sacrificial pigs at forest III
TheGreatJedi

Postby Noodler » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:59 pm

We have become too good.
Obviously it isn't as difficult as it would realistically be, but this game is unforgiving if you're new, and the learning curve isn't easy unless you're a natural.
Nowadays you can learn from pros to speed up the learning curve incredibly much, but I will never forget flying over to the abberant and get killed every single time, or dying instantly on every forest 2 server.

About the equator cutting thing, that won't work with 10 jumpers chasing you, with their bitchslapping bodyguards. If it was that easy it wouldn't have taken us half a year to finally clear that map alone.
Noodler

Postby xRivailution » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:45 pm

But I feel like we need more difficulty, or at least a new challening map (after the bug fixes of course)

Since he wont follow the Manga, there is only so much he can put in.
xRivailution

Postby Doki » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:54 pm

It's both. Yes after a while people start to master how to use the 3dmg efficiently, but at the same time, we have gone almost a year without any significant change to the mechanics of the normal and abnormal titans. AFAIK, only the blinding system was added, while titans have kept their exact same movesets as they had 10 months ago, same old 3-slap, same old homing jumps, belly flops, nothing new.
Doki

Postby xRivailution » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:37 am

Well that is exactly what I want, I want Titans to have more attacks and different patterns to each Titan.

What I mean is that, if we have a total of 9 Moves (That is if he adds new attacks.) lets have each Titans have only 4 Attacks, and prefer 1 over another.

So that each Titan has his own uniqueness, so you never know how to react.
Sort of like fighting, not all opponents have the same exact pattern, this can be dealt with using a randomizer.
xRivailution

Postby Noodler » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:57 am

If Feng would accept what Innti hands to him on a nice silver plate, this game would be pretty cool.
Noodler

Postby xRivailution » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:13 am

Is he a programmer/coder or a modeler/animator?
xRivailution

Next

Return to General Discussion