Thoughts on Gas Burst?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Thoughts on Gas Burst?

Postby glitchpaw » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:28 am

I see limitless potential. Burst to dodge anything or get around anything. Hit the side of a titan's neck? Burst away. Titan about to slap you mid fall? Burst away.

I can also see the new skills coming out now in the Tutorial section. Burst Air Equators, Burst Vector Strikes.
Wanna kill that titan across the map during your descent? Burst to adjust your trajectory.

The downside about Gas Burst is that it can be easily abused. It really makes the game too easy now that you can get out of almost any situation.

That's my take on it.
glitchpaw

Re: Thoughts on Gas Burst?

Postby Connorhere » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:53 am

Tbh the game is already easy for people who have played it for a while, the gas burst didn't drastically make it easier at all. All it did was make noob mistakes less common since you have a little bit more control of your movement in the air.
Connorhere

Postby The Rogue Titan » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:19 am

I absolutely love the gas burst. :D
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Noodler » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:56 am

it's annoysin9g as fuck wen syou accidentallsy use it. i waste 9gas or 9get killed, or bot.
and it seems i broke msy kesyboard wen i spilt water on it, fuckin9g ell e.e
Noodler

Postby ToxicPaste » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:40 am

i dont know if its something wrong with my keyboard, but i seem to always accidentally use it, and it fucks me up. i dont know why feng thought double tapping WASD was a good idea, but whatever. it would be 10x better if it was bound to a button, like ctrl for instance. i still think it's useful, its just terribly implemented

EDIT: stfu nood
ToxicPaste

Postby Zarythe » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:49 am

ToxicPaste wrote:i dont know if its something wrong with my keyboard, but i seem to always accidentally use it, and it fucks me up. i dont know why feng thought double tapping WASD was a good idea, but whatever. it would be 10x better if it was bound to a button, like ctrl for instance. i still think it's useful, its just terribly implemented

I am literally the only one who doesn't accidentally double tap any of the direction keys.
Honestly, if it would be changed to ctr i would find it harder to use, especially for the new move i invented.

Rebinding option wouldnt be bad tho
Zarythe

Postby Peanuts » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:28 am

Helps to get away from neck bites or that incoming back grab on the nape :D
Also helps to re-position myself for an Air equator when I know I'm going to fly straight into the face
Really like this new function

P.s: Guys don't bring in suggestions for gas burst ^_^
Peanuts

Postby Connorhere » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:00 pm

I'm with Zarythe, idk how people are "accidently" using it unless they have a tendancy to rapidly mash their direction keys. I find it easy to use with the direction keys and for me i think it'd be kind of inconvenient as a different key. But an option to rebind for others couldn't hurt.
Connorhere

Postby TheGreatJedi » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Humanity's Last Hope in abnormal Mode
TheGreatJedi

Postby Doki » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:15 am

It's pretty good, to the point of being almost broken, being able to cancel specials, save lives about to be taken by side chomps that have 3 times their hitboxes thanks to lag, dodge trees, etc.

Should be changed to 3% gas IMO though, it feels like it eats up gas a bit to fast and it's way too easy to have the key recognize continuous pressing of a button as double tapping, and even using Armin I feel like the gas bar goes down too fast, so I doubt it's very doable at the moment to the other characters who don't have a lot of gas.
Doki

Next

Return to General Discussion