Modders found away around kicking

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Modders found away around kicking

Postby SerDunk » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:57 pm

magicman111111 wrote:Well a good idea would be to put a number infront of all the players names and if the modder had the number 3 you could type "/kick player 3" and it would vote to kick them

I agree with this idea, assigning a numeric position to each player would prevent anyone being unkickable by using weird characters =)
Unless a "kick player" menu is introduced where the complete list of players in the current game is shown and one can simply choose the one to kick. But that's way too much work, much easier with numbers :P
SerDunk

Postby Soul » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:42 pm

A mod like this might would require masterclient, most mods do.(Precaution by the people who make the mod to keep people from abusing).
I have heard modders in game talking about how they could spawn anything if they are masterclient, so this is more than likely the same thing. Just leave if you don't like it, or make your own game where none of these people can get masterclient.
Soul

Postby Eters » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:24 am

i kinda miss when modders actually made mods that inspired feng into making the game better ..... like lava for example .

Now most modders have really abusive mods , and i can't feel any creativity from them which is quite sad , now mods are mainly for people that wanna ruin a game or show off with flashy fluo colored name . or "hey guys i'm a modder i'm your new god,workship me and maybe i'll send u a link" kinda showoff -_- . i think you should just boycott/leave any server hosted by a modder. just look for normal servers trust me they are fun once you find a good one :p .
Eters

Postby dinodan » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:04 am

It's called the Terrorist mod and when those people join the game usually their usernames is Terrorist [Random Numbers here].
They are laggy as hell and really bother me. Feng should really patch these.
dinodan

Postby l4dkurts2 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:28 am

I myself love mod's I love it when it bring's new game mode's and allows you to skin your char and all of that stuff! Just I don't like it when you can grab people ... or the stamina bar is removed from the client. Ive seen a few people take advantage of these mod's and just ruin the game for non-client people. Such as the pvp mode on a mod I use people will turn it on and kill a teammate if they are jelly of them.
l4dkurts2

Postby trueblue1321 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:05 am

Yep, the number ID system is very much possible and a certain mod does have it.
But as usual, it requires a master client and as not to abuse mods, The client doesn't have that kind of power. So it just goes from one problem to another....
trueblue1321

Postby Soul » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:05 am

Eters wrote:i kinda miss when modders actually made mods that inspired feng into making the game better ..... like lava for example .

Now most modders have really abusive mods , and i can't feel any creativity from them which is quite sad , now mods are mainly for people that wanna ruin a game or show off with flashy fluo colored name . or "hey guys i'm a modder i'm your new god,workship me and maybe i'll send u a link" kinda showoff -_- . i think you should just boycott/leave any server hosted by a modder. just look for normal servers trust me they are fun once you find a good one :p .

Exploding titans is cool. I've joined numerous games with it, and it is hilarious. Titan explode when killed, so it requires you to move fast and fluently to get out of range before it kills you.
Soul

Postby Accelevi » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:51 pm

It's a stupid mod that exists to troll people.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Lyve » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:24 pm

The problem with mods is that they're cool as long as people want them, what do I mean with this? I mean rooms like DEATH's ones, you always know they are modded, it's a like when lava was nothing but a mod. But what if a random modder joins the room and start spamming annies just because?

I was host on a match two days ago and this Nimbus guy showed up and spawned annie and colossal just because, his name wasnt on the player list and of course we couldnt kick him, there was a modder in the room that I knew and he kicked Nimbus but of course he just came back and killed us all.

In the end we made another room but since there aren't many abnormal rooms he found us there and kept trolling, long story short we gave up and called it a night.

I get that mods are important for a game to find new modes or mechanics but when people start trolling with them you know something's wrong, sadly I dont see a solution for this, at least not in abnormal because trolls will eventually find you again. At this point I just try to ignore them and hope they leave like any troll does, but while they're there you know you won't be able to play. I still love DEATH's rooms because you know you'll find random shit, but at least it's semi-playable random shit and not an army of annies and a colossal lag raping you.
Lyve

Postby Innti » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:07 am

Very easy way to get around this. Make two tabs, one for mods only and one for vanilla client. Make it so to connect to the vanilla client you have to have an encrypted security hash number that changes every few hours, and a checksum verification for server side, that checks for any change in size of the connecting client that checks to a very small number (maybe .000000006 of a difference for example). This ensures that only the website could connect to them. I've done this to other games. It's not hard, just takes researching to do. Or ask someone who knows what they are talking about.
Innti

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion