Modders found away around kicking

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Modders found away around kicking

Postby bope » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:07 pm

Innti wrote:Very easy way to get around this. Make two tabs, one for mods only and one for vanilla client. Make it so to connect to the vanilla client you have to have an encrypted security hash number that changes every few hours, and a checksum verification for server side, that checks for any change in size of the connecting client that checks to a very small number (maybe .000000006 of a difference for example). This ensures that only the website could connect to them. I've done this to other games. It's not hard, just takes researching to do. Or ask someone who knows what they are talking about.

only you cant check size of client as webplayer streams its data to you as you need it, you dont load it all at the start
bope

Postby Innti » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:08 am

bope wrote:
Innti wrote:Very easy way to get around this. Make two tabs, one for mods only and one for vanilla client. Make it so to connect to the vanilla client you have to have an encrypted security hash number that changes every few hours, and a checksum verification for server side, that checks for any change in size of the connecting client that checks to a very small number (maybe .000000006 of a difference for example). This ensures that only the website could connect to them. I've done this to other games. It's not hard, just takes researching to do. Or ask someone who knows what they are talking about.

only you cant check size of client as webplayer streams its data to you as you need it, you dont load it all at the start

The encryption is still viable option. Only reason I typed is because a lot of people are pming me to change it. It's annoying.
Innti

Postby Soul » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:23 am

Terrorist mod users are annoying as well, the skull in their name keeps people from kicking them......
Soul

Postby xanox100 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:48 pm

Maybe if people weren't able to access the games data we wouldn't have this problem. Can't feng lock his data and make it so you cant download a client?
xanox100

Postby Innti » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:33 pm

Not for a web client. It's technically being downloaded anytime you visit the website to play the game.
Innti

Postby xanox100 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:39 pm

so if he used like an updater/ downloadable version he could lock his data?
xanox100

Postby Innti » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:02 pm

He could make it harder to mod, and he can do varying degrees of protection both for downloadable and website version if he wished.
Innti

Postby dinodan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:29 am

Or he could simply make a client like Minecraft.
dinodan

Postby Accelevi » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:04 am

Or you could simply read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8506

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Miracle » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:38 am

One of the reason Feng decides not to shut down modding is because that he actually support any mod that increase the fun of the game. I hope that he could actually fix all the code that led to abusive mod though (obtaining password of the room, etc). You guys could actually send him the code that could patch some of this holes (just remember to pm me such that I can inform him about the email).
Miracle

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion