Update speculations

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Update speculations

Postby Kirit0 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:05 pm

Image
Image

I wanted to make a seperate thread cause it's so big and there is a lot to read but accel if you think it should not be here then feel free to delete it.

I love making speculations on update features. I see it like a game. Feng likes to tease us with gifs and I like to pick out all the possible features and how they will work.
Character Customization: Not confirmed for sure but it looks that way, green mohawk and the ability to have the jacket on or off. It seems like you will be able to choose what head and what body you want for your custom character. My idea was that it will be linked to your account and you can choose it when you select a character. I am just thinking if he will add rico, hanji, connie, annie, hatsune miku, reiner, bertolt to the character select menu as he has stated that there will be no new special moves.

Custom Stats: So there was a comment that Feng posted on his blog post that translated to "stat customization" so it is believed that you will be able to choose how many points go into what stat. This will be interesting now seeing how people build their characters to their playstyle and what they are willing to sacrifice; blade and gas for speed and accel. I can't wait to try it out. Again I think that this could be linked to your custom character that may or may not be linked with your account. Fingers crossed.
New Animations: We all saw em, how pretty! I really like the new animations, it gives an epic feel to landing and makes maneuvering with the characters look more alive and real. The gliding backwards is cool cause you can see that the head moves to looks behind almost, pretty cool to see it's not stiff anymore. The landing looks really good I can't wait to see it in game for myself :p

New Characters: Touched on in custom characters but there are a number of new characters shown in the gifs:
Rico
Image
Hanji
Image
Connie
Image
Annie
Image
Hatsune Miku
Image
Reiner
Image
Bertolt
Image

Are all the ones I recognized. It's cool to see that the hair physics are looking nicer, not stretching and silly looking. At least that's what it looked like, maybe he wasn't going fast enough. Rico also has a garrison cape which looks pretty snazzy too. I am just not sure about whether all the new characters will be added to the roster in game. Maybe Feng was clever enough to get rid of the roster and just have you chose a character to be linked with your account, not to sure about this theory though as guests would not work, maybe they would have a normal basic character with basic stats and a base model (Mikasa?). This would be good as choosing a character everytime would be a pain. And with custom stats linking with that, you wouldn't need to change character mid game, it might also mean camera style could be saved to your account.

Extra Findings:
Image
the previously released picture of the mysterious coat. My first suspicion was that Shadis would be added as he is know to wear a long coat like the one in the picture.
Image
The reason why they don't use long coats if you didn't know is because it would get in the way of the 3DMG. Maybe now you can use a long coat? It's not in the gif though so don't get your hopes up.

If you have any other theories I would be glad to hear them. I wish some of the things noted above are added, it would be nice but we can only hope for the best.
Kirit0
 

 

Re: Update speculations

Postby The Rogue Titan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:35 pm

In my opinion, adding random characters like Hatsune Miku and that weird Joker Mohawk guy is a dumb move. It honestly makes me a bit sad because I would have liked to keep this game more true to the lore of AoT rather than all the ridiculousness. I love the fact that he's adding all the other characters from the show and whatnot, but the fact that they have no specials is lame too. And don't even get me started on Stat Customization. I really want to cry.


All in all: I think the update will be nice, but it also makes me a bit upset. Hopefully it will be better than I expect. But if it helps the game stay alive, then I support the weird shit Feng wants to add.
Image
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
User avatar
The Rogue Titan
Moderator
 
Posts: 1716
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:02 pm
Location: In the blood of Eren Jaeger.
Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Re: Update speculations

Postby Kirit0 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:56 pm

I like the weird shit, it was never a series game, the chibi characters and the cartoony effects. I gave up on getting a true AoT experience from AoTTG. I like to have a fun time and see silly stuff instead. If it's done right custom stats would be interesting to see and use. The lack of specials is a disappointment but I like custom skins so having different models and things makes me feel more unique. I like that in a game.
Kirit0
 

Re: Update speculations

Postby Noodler » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:59 pm

Kirit0 wrote:I like the weird shit, it was never a series game, the chibi characters and the cartoony effects. I gave up on getting a true AoT experience from AoTTG. I like to have a fun time and see silly stuff instead. If it's done right custom stats would be interesting to see and use. The lack of specials is a disappointment but I like custom skins so having different models and things makes me feel more unique. I like that in a game.

My thoughts exactly.

It would be really cool if the random chars like Miku were unlocked from doing 120 in 10 min and stuff like that. Bad part is it would incline modding.
Noodler
 

Re: Update speculations

Postby The Rogue Titan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:05 pm

Well then he might as well change the name of the game. Cuz it isn't a "tribute" game anymore. It's more like an Attack on Titan-based Game. :|
Image
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
User avatar
The Rogue Titan
Moderator
 
Posts: 1716
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:02 pm
Location: In the blood of Eren Jaeger.
Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Re: Update speculations

Postby Kirit0 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:31 pm

The game is made in tribute of the series... you have to agree that the game is still attack on titan, just not as serious as you would like. Lord of the rings lego is still a lord of the rings game...
Kirit0
 

Re: Update speculations

Postby The Rogue Titan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:44 pm

No. It's a Lord of The Rings-based game. What if someone wrote a song as tribute for you, describing you, and then added in random sentences that had no relevance to you. I.E: 'You are a human being. You have skin, flesh, and bones. Xylophones make funny noises. You have a brain, and organs, and blood. Fishes smell weird.'

I don't mind AoTTG being a silly-ish game, but bringing in random characters that have nothing to do with AoT makes the title "tribute" obsolete. And that makes me sad. Because I started playing this game because of Attack on Titan. I didn't start playing and say to myself 'gee I hope Feng adds Hatsune Miku to the game. That's exactly what would make this game about ATTACK ON TITAN more fun'




Just so you know, I'm not saying that what he's doing is a bad idea. I'm just saying that I personally don't like it. Borderline hate it. But I will still play the game and support it. Because as long as his choices keep the game alive, then I can try to look past it. Even though it will be so severely agitating. It makes me shudder just thinking of it......
Image
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
User avatar
The Rogue Titan
Moderator
 
Posts: 1716
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:02 pm
Location: In the blood of Eren Jaeger.
Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Re: Update speculations

Postby Kirit0 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:59 pm

The Rogue Titan wrote:No. It's a Lord of The Rings-based game. What if someone wrote a song as tribute for you, describing you, and then added in random sentences that had no relevance to you. I.E: 'You are a human being. You have skin, flesh, and bones. Xylophones make funny noises. You have a brain, and organs, and blood. Fishes smell weird.'

I don't mind AoTTG being a silly-ish game, but bringing in random characters that have nothing to do with AoT makes the title "tribute" obsolete. And that makes me sad. Because I started playing this game because of Attack on Titan. I didn't start playing and say to myself 'gee I hope Feng adds Hatsune Miku to the game. That's exactly what would make this game about ATTACK ON TITAN more fun'

I really don't see how it makes any difference to how much fun you get from the game, people have skins, do you get annoyed that they don't want to use the same character models all the time? Maybe they like being characters from other animes. It brings a bit of colour to this silly game. The game is still made in tribute of the franchise, it's content is 100% sticking to the anime, I mean cmon, the characters are chibi ffs, how can you not be annoyed by that and get annoyed by Hatsune Miku being in the game. It doesn't affect gameplay so it's not an issue. I started playing this game for AoT as well, but I can tell you that I don't play for AoT now. That wore off in the first few weeks. It's not an immersion game, it's intention is never a serious one and if you take it that way you are seeing it wrong. It's an arcadey style fun little game to play for fun. It's an attack on titan tribute game; not an attack on titan game. The 3DS game is an attack on titan game, that does not have hatsune miku in, why don't you play that.

EDIT: You borderline hate it? Really??? I can understand you being a little agitated by the lack of immersion but shuddering at the thought of someone being in the game that isn't in the series. Just think of it like this: They are non canon characters who happen to look like other people. That helps right?
Kirit0
 

Re: Update speculations

Postby Miu » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:07 pm

I have to agree with Rogue.
Adding Miku was the biggest mistake ever. Yes, Miku killing titans makes a lot of sense. Her place isn't here.
This is Attack on Titan triute game, not Combined-Anime tribute game.
Miu
 

Re: Update speculations

Postby Noodler » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:12 pm

Kirit0 wrote:
The Rogue Titan wrote:No. It's a Lord of The Rings-based game. What if someone wrote a song as tribute for you, describing you, and then added in random sentences that had no relevance to you. I.E: 'You are a human being. You have skin, flesh, and bones. Xylophones make funny noises. You have a brain, and organs, and blood. Fishes smell weird.'

I don't mind AoTTG being a silly-ish game, but bringing in random characters that have nothing to do with AoT makes the title "tribute" obsolete. And that makes me sad. Because I started playing this game because of Attack on Titan. I didn't start playing and say to myself 'gee I hope Feng adds Hatsune Miku to the game. That's exactly what would make this game about ATTACK ON TITAN more fun'

I really don't see how it makes any difference to how much fun you get from the game, people have skins, do you get annoyed that they don't want to use the same character models all the time? Maybe they like being characters from other animes. It brings a bit of colour to this silly game. The game is still made in tribute of the franchise, it's content is 100% sticking to the anime, I mean cmon, the characters are chibi ffs, how can you not be annoyed by that and get annoyed by Hatsune Miku being in the game. It doesn't affect gameplay so it's not an issue. I started playing this game for AoT as well, but I can tell you that I don't play for AoT now. That wore off in the first few weeks. It's not an immersion game, it's intention is never a serious one and if you take it that way you are seeing it wrong. It's an arcadey style fun little game to play for fun. It's an attack on titan tribute game; not an attack on titan game. The 3DS game is an attack on titan game, that does not have hatsune miku in, why don't you play that.

EDIT: You borderline hate it? Really??? I can understand you being a little agitated by the lack of immersion but shuddering at the thought of someone being in the game that isn't in the series. Just think of it like this: They are non canon characters who happen to look like other people. That helps right?

I agree with what you say for the most part, but this argument doesn't really work since the gameplay is entirely different, and it costs money (and is it even out in US/EU?).
Noodler
 

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest