Something about Levi's special that I never understood.

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Something about Levi's special that I never understood.

Postby Kev » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:44 am

Every time you spawn in as Levi, even if it's a respawn after dying, the speed of the Levi copter seems to be random. Sometimes I use it and it has almost no delay & ends quickly, then when I respawn, suddenly his special takes almost a full second before he actually starts spinning, and has a longer recovery time after he's done (recovery time referring to his animation before you regain control of him, not the cooldown for the attack itself).

Is this intentional, or is it one of those mysterious kinks in programming that we will never see fixed?
Kev

Re: Something about Levi's special that I never understood.

Postby Doenitz » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:01 am

I realized Levi's special starts with a higher spinning speed at every fresh spawn, but after 1~3 strikes on a titan's flesh using a normal attack, Levi's special spinning speed will return to the slow speed that we are all familiar with.

For me, if I want to continuously make him spin fast, I will never use a normal slash on the titans.
Doenitz

Postby Yuvalis » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:05 pm

doenitz i checked your theory and its wrong :D
it might be something to do with the game thinking you didnt have any speed...?
Yuvalis

Postby Tyxant » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:09 am

in order to use the faster version there is only one requirements: do not hold the attack button. a tap is fine though. not sure if this is intended or a bug
Tyxant

Postby Youmu222 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:21 am

I don't mean to be "that guy", but I actually posted about this bug twice in the bug report thread in the newbie forums. Almost no one paid attention to it, and this has been happening to me since at least May.

I have heard almost nothing about it, which leads me to believe it doesn't affect 100% of the players (that, or almost no one plays Levi). Let me clear up some rumors right now.

Tyxant wrote:in order to use the faster version there is only one requirements: do not hold the attack button. a tap is fine though. not sure if this is intended or a bug

I just tried that, and it doesn't work. Or at least, it doesn't for me. I tried holding down/tapping both the attack and special attack buttons in a number of ways, and it did nothing to affect the special speed.

CaptainLechon wrote:Levi's special has different speeds. One speed occurs when just regularly pressing the special button, and the faster one occurs when you reel in on his special. I advise you to use the reeling version because then it is actually useful because you can control the direction he goes.

This was posted in the newbie forum. I also tried reeling, and it did nothing to affect the speed, regardless of how hard/fast/often I reeled. Reeling during or before the animation did nothing to affect the speed.

I have tried both these methods and they did nothing for me. When I do his special shortly after spawning, he spins very fast. But that soon diminishes, and he starts spinning very slow by comparison. Once he slows down his animation, there seems to be no way to speed it up again.

Levi's special animation speed seems bugged, and I'm not sure why people seem convinced there's multiple "speeds" for it that you can control. Was this something Feng said he wanted to implement? Because I don't remember seeing anything about it in patch notes. I have a few theories about why this bug exists.
1) There are multiple speeds, but not everyone can control them. In which case, this is a bug that needs to be fixed. My friend and I have both been experiencing this for months, and we have found no means to fix it.
2) The multiple speeds thing is a rumor? Or maybe a feature of an older version of the game? If this is true, then it's still a bug and he needs a more consistent speed animation, rather than one that varies wildly.
3) My friend has the theory that the game's programming might have two different values for his special speed and it's getting confused. When the game was patched back in May, Levi was consistently going fast for a while (several weeks as far as I remember). Now, when the bug occurs, Levi spins at the same, slow speed he used to do before the May patch. Maybe both the old and new speed values for his animation are in there, so the game is...trying to use both of them? Maybe?
4) As Yuvalis pointed out, it could be the special animation is supposed to speed up depending how fast you're going when you right click. But as it is right now, it's not working as intended. When his spinning animation goes slow, it stays slow, no matter how fast your character is moving.
4) No one plays Levi so they never noticed the bug. (I can't see this one being possible, Levi's great.)

If anyone has any other advice on how I can adjust Levi's special speed, I'd welcome it. But so far it's seems impossible for me to control no matter what I do, and I'm convinced it's bugged.
Youmu222

Postby AstroMagnum » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:14 pm

I find that if you just never chop using the regular attack at all, the speed stays very fast regardless of how fast you're moving. This includes chopping regularly and not hitting a titan, so you can't chop every time you hook to increase your speed. Of course, this isn't practical at all to do since you're forced to use exclusively the Levi special and your mobility is decreased. This always works consistently for me, although sometimes you can chop once or twice with little to no decrease in special speed, while other times a single chop sends it back to the regular speed.
AstroMagnum

Postby Tyxant » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:06 pm

Youmu222 wrote:
Tyxant wrote:in order to use the faster version there is only one requirements: do not hold the attack button. a tap is fine though. not sure if this is intended or a bug

I just tried that, and it doesn't work. Or at least, it doesn't for me. I tried holding down/tapping both the attack and special attack buttons in a number of ways, and it did nothing to affect the special speed.
I guessed i didnt make my statement clear enough, i meant that during the whole gameplay excluding the periods unable to use the normal slash, do not hold the normal slash button. Not while using the special. Means, no charging the normal slash. So accelerating is still ok
Tyxant

Postby Megamaster » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:24 pm

Tyxant wrote:
Youmu222 wrote:

I guessed i didnt make my statement clear enough, i meant that during the whole gameplay excluding the periods unable to use the normal slash, do not hold the normal slash button. Not while using the special. Means, no charging the normal slash. So accelerating is still ok

I've tested it, and it works exactly like you said
Megamaster

Postby Tyxant » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:09 pm

Of course! Dats because I'm genius and handsome 8-)
jk, I took a lot of time just to find the solution xp
Tyxant

Postby Eters » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:11 am

i had the same issue in the last version, i don't use r-spins that much anymore but i can confirm what tyxant said earlier , the only way i found to keep the levicopter fast is to never attack ; or just using it very very rarely , i didn't even use g-cancel just to keep the levi special speed stable. hopefully this is a bug and should be fixed soon . or so i hope because a game like this isn't really meant for random factors to be added in it x)
Eters

Return to General Discussion