The revival of the forums?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

The revival of the forums?

Postby M.J » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:47 pm

So i read through some old threads, and nostalgia hit me like a tidal wave. I asked myself, what would make the forum come back alive? So i guess that's what i'm asking with this thread, anyone got any ideas to resuscitate this place?
M.J

Re: The revival of the forums?

Postby Noodler » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:59 pm

Season 2 of AoT is the only thing, besides some other form of huge wave of attention. Forums are too deep in neglection to be revived by existing or a small amount of new players.
gdifeng
Noodler

Postby RancorSnp » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:21 pm

Well to be honest, 90% of posts on this forum were all made by the same 10 to 20 users over and over again.
If you want to get the forum lively again, you need to have them interested in it once more, it is possible that it will get a bit more lively now that feng has seemingly returned, but truth be told, I think it's that that Attack on Titan hype went down, and people also know everything possible about this game, so there isn't really that much to talk about anymore.
RancorSnp

Postby Rumple » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:19 am

RancorSnp wrote:Well to be honest, 90% of posts on this forum were all made by the same 10 to 20 users over and over again.

I would definitely say the majority of activity was done by regular posters.

Well in terms of bringing new people to the game/forums/community in general, I think the biggest thing would be:

Noodler wrote:Season 2 of AoT

For players who used to play but don't anymore, I'd place my bets on a new update, which would draw them back to check out what's changed/possibly encourage them to get back into the game. And for the players who are still currently active, they most likely just moved to the subreddit. If anything, I think it gets more activity/traffic than the forums: http://www.reddit.com/r/Attackontitangame/about/traffic

I haven't found a way to view activity for just Feng's forums specifically (not the entire fenglee website).
Rumple

Postby RancorSnp » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:38 pm

Wait lemme think :
(I may be terribly twisting these names sorry guys doing it of the top of my head, no cheating :D)
Noodler, Terramort, Sikirazi, Annie, Peanuts, Zed, Accel (well, obviously), Blizzard, Levuny (?), Coltopy, Arise, Khalli, Senpai... Well I think that does sound about right, I may have forgoten someone, but seeing as I havent followed this forum for a couple of months now, I think the fact I do remember these names (or at least general sound of them) is enough to show how much of they effort made this forum lively at all :P

We just have to contact all of them and force to sit here again. Well Noodler is still around I see, and I bet accel is reading too
RancorSnp

Postby Terminus » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:07 am

Actually getting an update would help for sure. That and fixing the apparently broken registration.
Terminus

Postby Z.E.D » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:48 pm

I just hop in from time to time

I avoided the forums for a while because of work . I came back only to find every one fighting and my guild gone x)

Glad to see the feuds are over and that an update might be n the horizon.

But holy cr*p have you seen how RC mods has evolved , the custom map system is awesome!
Z.E.D

Postby RancorSnp » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:03 am

Tbh I didn't play a single mod, since I started playing this game. (This was just after Derp Titan, and his friend were replaced).

I just like the original feel of the game, though I would love more lore friendly + realism additions without any fancy make-the-game-easier thingies.
RancorSnp

Postby Sylvy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:11 pm

Heh, let's make a long post..... Just for the hell of it.

RancorSnp wrote:Tbh I didn't play a single mod, since I started playing this game. (This was just after Derp Titan, and his friend were replaced).

I just like the original feel of the game, though I would love more lore friendly + realism additions without any fancy make-the-game-easier thingies.

Been playing the game since around the same time as you and I was in the same mindset for a really long time, until I came back from my 8 month hiatus(Last week). Have tried prior mods before, but always ended up going back to Vanilla.

Tried the current RC mod when I came back, loved it. RC4lyphe. You really should try it :) I really recommend it.

I don't think mods(RC mod specifically, and maybe Cyrice mod eventually) makes the game "easier" per say.... It just fixes things and adds features that feng SHOULD have fixed/added to the game himself. I would never use a mod that breaks the game, but I don't get that feel from the legit mods. You should know, as well as I (and most veterans of the game), that with every update, Feng not only adds features, but he also sometimes breaks things. If he doesn't break things, he releases something that has toooo much potential to have been better. And then he disappears for months. No update to the game. No word about anything he's up to.

I appreciate Feng and all the effort he's put into this game, but a half ass update is a half ass update, end of story. And to constantly do that, it's just ignorant. Modders like Josh and Cyrus (and others I don't know of cause I've only been back for a few days), are the ones that actually consider thoughts from the community and fix everything, after the fact.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for the forums. I kinda blame feng for its death. Yea, he has a life of his own, but he allowed this forum to be run by Acce, alone, and rarely ever backs him up. Feng was/is never around to face the blunt force of the community, while Acce is ALWAYS around, but has no power to really do anything, except ban people on the forums.... which... is actually nothing, honestly, now that there are so many other good community forums not affiliated with Feng.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can this forum be saved? Seriously would be hard to get back to where we once were. Only thing would be a HUGE influx of new members. Like noods and others said, AOT 2 would probably do the trick. New members that are just as excited about the game as we were when we all first started playing.

Other suggestions ontop of what others have said:
-Updating inactive Staff to currently active (in-game) players... Maybe ones that are well known in the community. (Willing and able people that care about the community)
-Promote One more Admin. (Acce can/should stay, but we've always need one more admin beside him, whom the community respects)
Sylvy

Postby Senpai » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:44 pm

RancorSnp wrote:
Noodler, Terramort, Sikirazi, Annie, Peanuts, Zed, Accel (well, obviously), Blizzard, Levuny (?), Coltopy, Arise, Khalli, Senpai...

The Official SnK game for PS4 piqued my interest.
Senpai

Next

Return to General Discussion