New Character: Mike Zacharius!

Where threads that should be locked away go. ヽ(#`Д´)ノ
- Accelevi

New Character: Mike Zacharius!

Postby Skirazi » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:37 am

Well, I did what I do semi-best and made a video on how I feel Mike Zacharius should be added to the game. I really think new characters - among other things - are needed in the game, so expect to see other Suggestions videos around!

Feel free to leave thoughts here or on the YT page~
Skirazi

Re: New Character: Mike Zacharius!

Postby MicroDot » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:58 am

Nice suggestions.

If Feng's gonna put Mike in the game, he should use your stats for Mike. :D
MicroDot

Postby xRivailution » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:58 am

Good Shit Dude! Ugh.
Spoilers for the manga ahead
Spoiler:
If He Was The Second Best Fighter Then Isayama Fucked Up With His Death.

I would main him personally,i really like him as a character.
xRivailution

Postby shaun45451 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:16 pm

Nice video, man! I always thought that if Mike were added in the game, he'd be as fast as Levi. If these were to be his official stats, I could actually see alot of people using him as their main because of his blade size, enhanced gas, and speed.
shaun45451

Postby Connorhere » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:15 pm

xRivailution wrote:Good Shit Dude! Ugh.
Spoilers for the manga ahead
Spoiler:
If He Was The Second Best Fighter Then Isayama Fucked Up With His Death.

I would main him personally,i really like him as a character.

Manga
Well it seemed proper, he was surrounded by a lot of titans with only a rooftop to keep him safe, the rest of the landscape was just flat. The Ape Titan swiped his gear so he was completely vulnerable, Levi would perish in the same scenario. (Although imo i'd expect Levi to try and attack the Ape Titan)

Also i'd definitely main as this character if Mike were introduced like this, atm i play as Marco and i love his blade-length so having an even longer reach would be even better. Personally i don't use supportive specials that much anyway since they're very limited, however i also enjoy that since it means there no trump card if i get myself into danger and i'll just try to improve, so i wouldn't mind if Mike had a special like this.
Connorhere

Postby Senpai » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:10 pm

This special seems what a lot of people wanted, and the way you made it work would probably be easy for feng to do.

Just make the flare special different from normals flares so you can tell which one is a distress call vs which one is your hunting titans flares.
I vote Blue or white flares for hunting :D

and maybe make Mike just a tad slower than levi, probably sandwich his speed btwn mikasa and levi.
Senpai

Postby Celtic » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:39 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't put his stats as high as Levi's either. That idea for the special would be really good though as it serves to show titan locations to teammates as well, and as Senpai said it would be easy enough for Feng to do since it uses existing resources.

I vote this as how Mike is in the game, minus a bit of speed boostage.
Celtic

Postby Skirazi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:32 am

Ehh, personally I think we need more characters that have defined roles of fast/medium/slow rather than a slow gradation of speed. There would be characters that would be in the middle, but only a few; most characters would be understood by the players as having a particular speed, and so would craft a particular method of play based on that. But yeah, good thoughts all around!
Skirazi

Postby Someone Legit » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:57 am

Skirazi wrote:Ehh, personally I think we need more characters that have defined roles of fast/medium/slow rather than a slow gradation of speed. There would be characters that would be in the middle, but only a few; most characters would be understood by the players as having a particular speed, and so would craft a particular method of play based on that. But yeah, good thoughts all around!

Imo I think that every character should be unique :/
Anyway, cool idea and as everyone's said already it's really feng-friendly so I'm guessing he won't have any problems with it.
The only thing i disagree about is what Senpai said ; Mike should be fast (= light), but not levi-class fast (= light). Levi's so fast because he's a pro, but also because he's pretty much a shrimp. On the other hand, Mike's the tallest man in the known SNK universe so it makes sense that he should be a bit / quite a bit slower.
Other than that, what if the special was just for a maximum of three titans? The ability just points out the location of the three nearest titans and so it's easier to
Spoiler:
Mike's nose would be overwhelmed by all the different titan smells and he wouldn't be able to understand where they were, curse my ignorance.
Someone Legit

Postby Senpai » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:06 am

realism vs gameplay aspects.

his special would be not of much use if it was realistic, even skirazi's version isn't all that great but it's good.

We kinda have to ignore canon on this one, and just make him see all locations of titans.
Senpai

Next

Return to The Dungeon