New Character: Mike Zacharius!

Where threads that should be locked away go. ヽ(#`Д´)ノ
- Accelevi

Re: New Character: Mike Zacharius!

Postby Skirazi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:40 am

A7X Rogue Titan wrote:Mike is the second best soldier humanity has... Second only to Levi. So his stats would need to be outstanding like Levi's.

And it's just stupid that Mike's special literally has the same effect for everyone. Specials are supposed to be unique for that character. And Mike sniffs Titans. It's like as if you're saying Mike sniffing Titans can give everyone else super noses.

Imagine if everyone else's specials did this. What if Jean escapes then everyone escapes. Or of Levi spins, then everyone spins. It's not unique if everyone gets the effect. It's just flat out stupid.

But those specials are fundamentally different from Mike's. Using those specials don't have any potentially significant negative effect on the rest of the players in-game, but Mike, if he so desires, can basically steal kills from everyone if he felt so inclined. That is detrimental to other players' enjoyment of the game. If you're going to argue with whether or not being able to kill Titans is significant to enjoyment, let me simply say that the name of the game is Attack on Titan Tribute Game. If you can't Attack the Titans in an Attack on Titan game because some doofus stole them all, how can you possibly have fun?

Mike sniffing isn't giving everyone super-noses. It's just convenience. Consider it like this: Mike's special is a map-wide buff that alerts all players on the location of all Titans. I know it seems unrealistic for flares to randomly popping out of thin air, and that's because it is unrealistic; but, if we track back to simple, elegant applicability, it's by far the most capable and understandable of the specials suggested here simply because of... a lot of what I've said in previous pages. I'm not going to repeat myself because I'm sure you guys are sick of that by now. :P Just flick back through the last three or so pages if you're curious.

Finally, Mike doesn't need to have Levi's stats. Okay, ACL at the same value would make sense but Blade Durability can be crap, and GAS can be slightly below average. Blade size more than makes up for durability anyway. Besides, Levi himself doesn't have incredible stats atm.
Skirazi

Postby The Rogue Titan » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:46 am

I didn't say he needs to have the same stats as Levi but very similar stats.

And it's obvious that your idea isn't "the most capable and understandable" because no one agrees with it... No offense.

And just because Mike would know where the Titans are and others won't doesn't mean he will magically decimate the Titans. They'd still have a chance to kill them. Or they can even follow him. How about this instead:
When Mike uses his special, he gets pointers to all the Titans in the map, and everyone else only gets an indicator to Mike himself? Instead of them magically knowing where all the Titans are, they can just follow him to the Titans.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:48 am

Skirazi wrote:But those specials are fundamentally different from Mike's. Using those specials don't have any potentially significant negative effect on the rest of the players in-game, but Mike, if he so desires, can basically steal kills from everyone if he felt so inclined. That is detrimental to other players' enjoyment of the game. If you're going to argue with whether or not being able to kill Titans is significant to enjoyment, let me simply say that the name of the game is Attack on Titan Tribute Game. If you can't Attack the Titans in an Attack on Titan game because some doofus stole them all, how can you possibly have fun?

you seem to make it out like the Mike player could be everywhere at once :P sure, the Mike player could kill a bunch of Titans, but that doesn't mean that nobody else will ever find any Titans. They aren't invisible :lol:
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby The Rogue Titan » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:50 am

MJRmasqu3rade wrote:
Skirazi wrote:But those specials are fundamentally different from Mike's. Using those specials don't have any potentially significant negative effect on the rest of the players in-game, but Mike, if he so desires, can basically steal kills from everyone if he felt so inclined. That is detrimental to other players' enjoyment of the game. If you're going to argue with whether or not being able to kill Titans is significant to enjoyment, let me simply say that the name of the game is Attack on Titan Tribute Game. If you can't Attack the Titans in an Attack on Titan game because some doofus stole them all, how can you possibly have fun?

you seem to make it out like the Mike player could be everywhere at once :P sure, the Mike player could kill a bunch of Titans, but that doesn't mean that nobody else will ever find any Titans. They aren't invisible :lol:

Yeah. The Titans that Mike smells won't be hidden from anyone. They'd still be around.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby Senpai » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:55 am

ok here is the alpha version of mike's stats.

I can already hear the complaints, but hear me out for a second.

his special is going to be fucking good.

he's going to have the longest blades, and second highest speed.

so naturally there has to be a un-fun drawback, if you don't like this drawback, play another character.

but if there's another drawback that would keep mike from being a god, anyone wants to suggest, I'll change up the stats gladly.
Senpai

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:58 am

Senpai wrote:ok here is the alpha version of mike's stats.

I can already hear the complaints, but hear me out for a second.

his special is going to be fucking good.

he's going to have the longest blades, and second highest speed.

so naturally there has to be a un-fun drawback, if you don't like this drawback, play another character.

but if there's another drawback that would keep mike from being a god, anyone wants to suggest, I'll change up the stats gladly.

Hmm, I like these stats. I say they're pretty fine (although, he's gonna be difficult as HELL to control)
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby The Rogue Titan » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:06 am

I'm 100% fine with those stats. But SOMEONE might have a problem with it for the stupidest reasons. :roll:
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby Skirazi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:13 am

Mhm, those stats seem appropriate; they actually fit what I said above pretty accurately. Although, we never really know the difference in skill between Strongest soldier and Second Strongest soldier in the manga...

A7X Rogue Titan wrote:And it's obvious that your idea isn't "the most capable and understandable" because no one agrees with it... No offense.

How about this instead:
When Mike uses his special, he gets pointers to all the Titans in the map, and everyone else only gets an indicator to Mike himself? Instead of them magically knowing where all the Titans are, they can just follow him to the Titans.

Everyone who liked the original idea gave up on this thread 'cause it was full of people going "flares can't shoot up from empty space". I've literally given counter-arguments to every single point brought up against flares/for other specials as well as explained how flares act on that idea better, unless it was legitimate concerns that flares can't counter such as the "too many flares" thing. In which case, I even accepted that limiting it to 5 flares per special would be an acceptable compromise.

And dude, no, that's even worse than the mini-map special but if it was in-game I'd totally call it the Pied Piper~ In the end, the Pointer special is probably the best alternative. The only reasons I prefer Flares is this: 1) Multi-coloured pointers confuse players if what they mean is not explained (so, make them all red) and 2) Flares don't require extra resources or time or coding. It's far easier for Feng to add than pointers. Besides that, they serve pretty much the exact same purpose: Just give the pointers to everyone on the map too, and I'll be relatively happy. Not as happy as flares, because those are still the most canon.

A7X Rogue Titan wrote:Just because Mike would know where the Titans are and others won't doesn't mean he will magically decimate the Titans.

That's true, but if he dies without telling the others where those Titans are then Mike's special was effectively worthless, no? Like I said, don't think about it too hard. Nobody besides Mike has super-smell, he's just giving everyone else a buff that tells them where Titans are.
Skirazi

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:20 am

Skirazi wrote:
A7X Rogue Titan wrote:Just because Mike would know where the Titans are and others won't doesn't mean he will magically decimate the Titans.

That's true, but if he dies without telling the others where those Titans are then Mike's special was effectively worthless, no? Like I said, don't think about it too hard. Nobody besides Mike has super-smell, he's just giving everyone else a buff that tells them where Titans are.

Well, if he dies without telling any others, then they'll be in the same place they were originally and they'll have to find the Titans themselves. If Mike didn't plan on telling the others in the first place, it wouldn't matter anyway.
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby The Rogue Titan » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:37 am

I'm honestly just so done with this thread. All your "counter-arguments" are just so bad yet you've convinced yourself that magical flares for everyone is more canon. That's ridiculous. I'm not going to post anymore in this thread because no matter what anyone says, you still think the stupid flares are better. Even though we DO give valid concerns and arguments as to why the flares are fucking stupid. :x
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

PreviousNext

Return to The Dungeon