New Character: Mike Zacharius!

Where threads that should be locked away go. ヽ(#`Д´)ノ
- Accelevi

Re: New Character: Mike Zacharius!

Postby Skirazi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:45 am

MJRmasqu3rade wrote:Well, if he dies without telling any others, then they'll be in the same place they were originally and they'll have to find the Titans themselves. If Mike didn't plan on telling the others in the first place, it wouldn't matter anyway.

...What? The whole point of using the special is so you save time by not having to look for the Titans. If Mike dies without servicing that need, then it was literally pointless for him to play as Mike. To avoid that from happening, you stop Mike players from being idiots, and allow others to take the initiative when Mike uses his special. It is a loss if a player doesn't use their special properly, such as if Eren did not transform even after his cooldown is finished and he's the last player left, and then got himself Titan-Fu'd. So, yes, it would matter.

And dude, Rogue, honestly I'd be a bit more more impressed with other specials if they actually had logical ground to work on. The only one so far has been pointers, and even then there's been debate on non-issues such as "should other players be able to see the Titans that Mike smells". I've discussed flare's own flaws and am actually willing to compromise; too many flares in the sky is a valid issue, and so is other stuff such as conflicting with our standard 3-flare set. These are real, logical, gameplay concerns regarding flares, but all I've seen for a loooong while now is "multiple flares shooting from titans' heads isn't canon" when that isn't even a canonical issue to begin with, that's about realism - and as I've said far too many times to count already, the discussion here is about gameplay and mechanics. Not. Realism.
Skirazi

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:04 am

Skirazi wrote:
MJRmasqu3rade wrote:Well, if he dies without telling any others, then they'll be in the same place they were originally and they'll have to find the Titans themselves. If Mike didn't plan on telling the others in the first place, it wouldn't matter anyway.

...What? The whole point of using the special is so you save time by not having to look for the Titans. If Mike dies without servicing that need, then it was literally pointless for him to play as Mike. To avoid that from happening, you stop Mike players from being idiots, and allow others to take the initiative when Mike uses his special. It is a loss if a player doesn't use their special properly, such as if Eren did not transform even after his cooldown is finished and he's the last player left, and then got himself Titan-Fu'd. So, yes, it would matter.

Oh, sorry :lol: I kind of screwed up. I was imagining if he had the special where only Mike saw Titans, then he refused to tell others, then died. So, if he didn't wanna tell them, it wouldn't have mattered in the end if he died or not, cause the other players wouldn't have known in the end anyways :P my bad
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby Skirazi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:17 pm

MJRmasqu3rade wrote:Oh, sorry :lol: I kind of screwed up. I was imagining if he had the special where only Mike saw Titans, then he refused to tell others, then died. So, if he didn't wanna tell them, it wouldn't have mattered in the end if he died or not, cause the other players wouldn't have known in the end anyways :P my bad

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid would happen if we gave Mike that opportunity. It's why I'm arguing for everyone getting the same information at the same time.
Skirazi

Postby Accelevi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:40 pm

I'm sorry, but you're fucking stupid.
I already said that the other players would see the damn location via a minimap/pointer.
And if it's that damn nonintuitive, just put a small label in the minimap saying Titan Locations or whatever, or put in chat that Titan Locations revealed or something for pointers.

With flares, max would be 5, obviously, and what I said, if one Mike uses, disabled for other Mikes. Maybe if one Mike uses, if there are other Mikes, they will get the same benefit (see all), dunno, but there would be no 100m limit.
Without flares, for minimap/pointer, I'm leaning towards pointer btw atm, then it would be 100m limit (like Mike yelling out), and other players would still see up to 5 or so (see 1-2, 5s later, 1-2 more, etc).

>> it's by far the most capable and understandable of the specials suggested here simply because of... a lot of what I've said in previous pages.
This is completely fucking bullshit.
"most capable"?
"[most implied here] understandable"?
That's bullshit and you know it.
Look at what other people think, and that makes it obvious.
>> "simply because of... a lot of what I've said in previous pages."
AKA, I don't want to bother explaining my fucking terrible logic, because I have nothing left.

This thread is getting nowhere and everything to be discuss has been.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Previous

Return to The Dungeon