Players behind Titans die from Belly-flops

Where threads that should be locked away go. ヽ(#`Д´)ノ
- Accelevi

Players behind Titans die from Belly-flops

Postby jojo342 » Wed May 21, 2014 8:32 pm

While playing against player titans, I've noticed that many people who are attached to the titan's back while being behind the titan or behind it in mid-air, just die from the "Belly-flop of Doom".

I think the "kill zone" reaches way too far because I've seen too much BS happen.

Do you think that the belly-flop should only kill players under the titan's belly and not above the titan's back, or do you think it should stay because it makes the player titan challanging?
jojo342

Re: Players behind Titans die from Belly-flops

Postby Terminus » Wed May 21, 2014 8:39 pm

This is not news. People have been mad about this since the update came out. It's kept a lot of people from playing PVP including myself.
Terminus

Postby Miracle » Wed May 21, 2014 8:51 pm

It's almost impossible for player titan to kill anyone with normal hit box when we tested it. That's why it's increased to 1.6 times the normal hitbox (and the player titan still can't do a thing against good player) before further balancing (there's not much time left).

Once you get used to this the hit box is not that huge though. The main point is don't stay close to ground near player titan.
Miracle

Postby Connorhere » Wed May 21, 2014 9:06 pm

So was this a decision made on purpose? Thats ridiculous. The hitbox is incredibly unfair and it just spoils the game. When i die fairly i accept it and i aim to improve, how can i improve on something i have no control over, though?

The hitbox isn't just larger. As long as you're within the hitbox range as the PT starts the bodyslam animation you're doomed. No matter if you soar all the way across the map before actually being slammed, you get counted as slammed and explode in mid-air. Its terrible. I hope its ballanced in the future.
Connorhere

Postby Khally » Wed May 21, 2014 9:07 pm

Miracle wrote:It's almost impossible for player titan to kill anyone with normal hit box when we tested it. That's why it's increased to 1.6 times the normal hitbox (and the player titan still can't do a thing against good player) before further balancing (there's not much time left).

Once you get used to this the hit box is not that huge though. The main point is don't stay close to ground near player titan.

The problem is that it is incredibly unrealistic. It probably accounts for 90% of my player-titan related deaths because I'm usually so far away when it slams, I wouldn't even dream it could ever hit me. Maybe if it was just limited vertically, it wouldn't be so ludicrously broken.
Khally

Postby Noodler » Wed May 21, 2014 9:48 pm

Connorhere wrote:So was this a decision made on purpose? Thats ridiculous. The hitbox is incredibly unfair and it just spoils the game. When i die fairly i accept it and i aim to improve, how can i improve on something i have no control over, though?

The hitbox isn't just larger. As long as you're within the hitbox range as the PT starts the bodyslam animation you're doomed. No matter if you soar all the way across the map before actually being slammed, you get counted as slammed and explode in mid-air. Its terrible. I hope its ballanced in the future.

That's called lag.

Try playing titan against really good people, it's not even funny how chanceless you are, even on abnormal.
Noodler

Postby Connorhere » Wed May 21, 2014 10:08 pm

Noodler wrote:That's called lag.

Try playing titan against really good people, it's not even funny how chanceless you are, even on abnormal.

I can assure you it is not Lag, the exact same thing cannot happen countless times precisely the same way with exactly the same conditions needed for it to happen. Also PT on abnormal is hilarious.
Connorhere

Postby MFxEagle » Wed May 21, 2014 11:12 pm

Miracle wrote:It's almost impossible for player titan to kill anyone with normal hit box when we tested it. That's why it's increased to 1.6 times the normal hitbox (and the player titan still can't do a thing against good player) before further balancing (there's not much time left).

I can understand making the hitbox wider to help out titans playing against really good humans, but increasing it vertically so that you can die when you are literally on or above its back is just ridiculous.
MFxEagle

Postby jojo342 » Thu May 22, 2014 12:30 am

Connorhere wrote:So was this a decision made on purpose? Thats ridiculous. The hitbox is incredibly unfair and it just spoils the game. When i die fairly i accept it and i aim to improve, how can i improve on something i have no control over, though?

Yes exactly. A little part of me dies inside when I explode 80 feet away in mid-air above the PT. It needs to be changed. It's not only annoying,
but incredibly unrealistic.
jojo342

Postby ToxicPaste » Thu May 22, 2014 1:07 am

jojo342 wrote:when I explode 80 feet away in mid-air above the PT.

That... that right there is Lag, whether it be 20 ft or 80 ft from a titan, it has nothing to with the hitboxes, it's just lag.
However, when you are above a titans back 5-10ft or so when it hits the ground, it is a combination of both lag and huge hitbox.

Personally, I'm fine with the large flop hitbox, the whole point is to balance the game, not make it realistic. It just frustrates me when I'm slapped out of the air while I'm a good 50 ft. away from the hand. But with these new public servers, lag is much more apparent, 60 ping is treated like 160 ping. Not much we can do.

Miracle has a good point, without these hitboxes, titans would be underpowered. 80% of the time the humans win anyway (at least when i'm on human side, lol).
ToxicPaste

Next

Return to The Dungeon