Players behind Titans die from Belly-flops

Where threads that should be locked away go. ヽ(#`Д´)ノ
- Accelevi

Re: Players behind Titans die from Belly-flops

Postby Ghosthunter » Thu May 22, 2014 1:27 am

Finally someone that actually understands.If it were all realistic player titans would be even easier targets for the human players. I mean the whole point of player controlled titans is to limit them to just 2 forms of attacking since human brain is obviously better than simple AI.And yet people still complain.It's not like we have a super homing missile jump attack and we lack all of the grabs.People that actually complain about over-sized hitboxes shouldn't even be playing PvP in the first place.Also the point of player controlled titans is to challenge the players.And great players can take down multiple player titans on their own.So i'd suggest you deal with it and get better at the game.
Ghosthunter

Postby Nurolight » Thu May 22, 2014 3:19 am

It isn't just the bellyflops either. Every PT move, with lag, is complete BS - but that's just part of the game. I've played multiple times with my friend over skype and he assures me that, despite on my screen I'm already well away, on his screen I'm right underneath him/in front of his attacks. There's nothing that can be done about the delay between peoples games.
Nurolight

Postby MFxEagle » Thu May 22, 2014 3:33 am

Ghosthunter wrote:Finally someone that actually understands.If it were all realistic player titans would be even easier targets for the human players. I mean the whole point of player controlled titans is to limit them to just 2 forms of attacking since human brain is obviously better than simple AI.And yet people still complain.It's not like we have a super homing missile jump attack and we lack all of the grabs.People that actually complain about over-sized hitboxes shouldn't even be playing PvP in the first place.Also the point of player controlled titans is to challenge the players.And great players can take down multiple player titans on their own.So i'd suggest you deal with it and get better at the game.

I'm only concerned with bellyflops that kill clearly above the titan. I enjoy the challenge of player titans so I don't mind larger hitboxes in general for player titan attacks, but when I'm on or above the neck/back, a bellyflop simply should not be a kill.
MFxEagle

Postby Nurolight » Thu May 22, 2014 3:34 am

MFxEagle wrote:
Ghosthunter wrote:Finally someone that actually understands.If it were all realistic player titans would be even easier targets for the human players. I mean the whole point of player controlled titans is to limit them to just 2 forms of attacking since human brain is obviously better than simple AI.And yet people still complain.It's not like we have a super homing missile jump attack and we lack all of the grabs.People that actually complain about over-sized hitboxes shouldn't even be playing PvP in the first place.Also the point of player controlled titans is to challenge the players.And great players can take down multiple player titans on their own.So i'd suggest you deal with it and get better at the game.

I'm only concerned with bellyflops that kill clearly above the titan. I enjoy the challenge of player titans so I don't mind larger hitboxes in general for player titan attacks, but when I'm on or above the neck/back, a bellyflop simply should not be a kill.

Again, I've had times when I'm above my friend, but he assures me I'm underneath him. I guess its all down to the connection.
Nurolight

Postby Ghosthunter » Thu May 22, 2014 3:37 am

Nurolight wrote:
MFxEagle wrote:

Again, I've had times when I'm above my friend, but he assures me I'm underneath him. I guess its all down to the connection.

Indeed. I play as a titan a lot and i see people floating in the air like 50 meters behind me slashing in the air and i even see that little effect like they just sliced my nape.
Ghosthunter

Postby The Rogue Titan » Thu May 22, 2014 4:12 am

Well I can take down Player Titans. I love PvP, but the fact remains that when I'm killed by bullshit I rage hard. It's not a matter of being good if you die from a lightyear away. I've had instances where I am behind the Titan swiping and I explode, or I'm on a building next to a body slam spammer and explode. There's a difference between making the game challenging, and the game having a broken aspect. Believe me I am all for challenge and whatnot, but Titan telekinesis is out of line.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby DarioEMeloD » Thu May 22, 2014 5:31 am

Probably when they tested it they had no lag, so they'd assumed it was ok to make the hitboxes bigger...
At least give us private servers back u.u
DarioEMeloD

Postby Connorhere » Thu May 22, 2014 11:37 am

Main issue is that its vertical. A wider ground hitbox is ok, since its understandable that the shockwave would kill you or something, but not if you're high in the air or not even under the titan.
Connorhere

Postby The Rogue Titan » Thu May 22, 2014 11:39 am

Connorhere wrote:Main issue is that its vertical. A wider ground hitbox is ok, since its understandable that the shockwave would kill you or something, but not if you're high in the air or not even under the titan.

Yes. This ^.

But even so, the shockwave shouldn't be too big. Because chances are, it would just knock you off your feet instead of exploding you.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby TheGreatJedi » Thu May 22, 2014 3:24 pm

ToxicPaste wrote:
jojo342 wrote:when I explode 80 feet away in mid-air above the PT.

That... that right there is Lag, whether it be 20 ft or 80 ft from a titan, it has nothing to with the hitboxes, it's just lag.
However, when you are above a titans back 5-10ft or so when it hits the ground, it is a combination of both lag and huge hitbox.

Personally, I'm fine with the large flop hitbox, the whole point is to balance the game, not make it realistic. It just frustrates me when I'm slapped out of the air while I'm a good 50 ft. away from the hand. But with these new public servers, lag is much more apparent, 60 ping is treated like 160 ping. Not much we can do.

Miracle has a good point, without these hitboxes, titans would be underpowered. 80% of the time the humans win anyway (at least when i'm on human side, lol).

The only problem though when most of your teammates are starters
or there is a lot of player titans and those titans ganged up making a large scale of belly flops and there is no escape
TheGreatJedi

PreviousNext

Return to The Dungeon