Players behind Titans die from Belly-flops

Where threads that should be locked away go. ヽ(#`Д´)ノ
- Accelevi

Re: Players behind Titans die from Belly-flops

Postby The Rogue Titan » Thu May 22, 2014 3:45 pm

TheGreatJedi wrote:
ToxicPaste wrote:
jojo342 wrote:when I explode 80 feet away in mid-air above the PT.

That... that right there is Lag, whether it be 20 ft or 80 ft from a titan, it has nothing to with the hitboxes, it's just lag.
However, when you are above a titans back 5-10ft or so when it hits the ground, it is a combination of both lag and huge hitbox.

Personally, I'm fine with the large flop hitbox, the whole point is to balance the game, not make it realistic. It just frustrates me when I'm slapped out of the air while I'm a good 50 ft. away from the hand. But with these new public servers, lag is much more apparent, 60 ping is treated like 160 ping. Not much we can do.

Miracle has a good point, without these hitboxes, titans would be underpowered. 80% of the time the humans win anyway (at least when i'm on human side, lol).

The only problem though when most of your teammates are starters
or there is a lot of player titans and those titans ganged up making a large scale of belly flops and there is no escape

The worst of it is when there is a crawler. And they just stay near it. That is so fucking annoying.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Noodler » Thu May 22, 2014 3:53 pm

MFxEagle wrote:
Miracle wrote:It's almost impossible for player titan to kill anyone with normal hit box when we tested it. That's why it's increased to 1.6 times the normal hitbox (and the player titan still can't do a thing against good player) before further balancing (there's not much time left).

Once you get used to this the hit box is not that huge though. The main point is don't stay close to ground near player titan.

I can understand making the hitbox wider to help out titans playing against really good humans, but increasing it vertically so that you can die when you are literally on or above its back is just ridiculous.

So you propose titans can't kill anything that isn't on the ground or bad enough to sit in slap range?
Jump isn't exactly useful for killing either.

These nape kills with flops or whatever never happens when you're the titan or the host, which obviously means that it's due to lag.
Noodler

Postby The Rogue Titan » Thu May 22, 2014 3:58 pm

Well the slaps are supposed to be for the vertical kills isn't it? It's just the fact that the hitbox extends above the Titan flop that we have a problem with. I've come to terms with the larger hitboxes, but it's the fact that you can be above them and still just die from telekinesis.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby Noodler » Thu May 22, 2014 4:08 pm

You. Freaking. Can't.
It has nothing to do with the hitbox that you're lagging.
Try hosting a server and watch how you won't hit anything above like, the middle of your back.
Noodler

Postby The Rogue Titan » Thu May 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Noodler wrote:You. Freaking. Can't.
It has nothing to do with the hitbox that you're lagging.
Try hosting a server and watch how you won't hit anything above like, the middle of your back.

How is it lag?! I'll be on his back and he'll slam but I'll die. Do I lag through him onto the floor!? I don't see how lag affects that! I can see how it affects you when on the ground, but not when I'm above him.
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby Senpai » Fri May 23, 2014 7:07 am

>hook on the back of a titan
>flops = death
Conclusion: git gud nub

Instead of broken hitboxes, wouldn't a genius idea be to just give a few more moves that'd help vertically? >logic
like grab nape + instant crush, or even give a couple annie moves like the side snatch out of the air + crush.

Then just nerf it a tad, it really sucks to be in a spot where you know you shouldn't die but still do anyway, whether it's from lag or hitbox.

nerfing it = less lag bs deaths.

crawler
Also for balancing, deviants ground game should be kind of bad at least compared to a crawler.

>current pc titan = better than crawler.

unless feng decides to make him even faster, no one is really going to want to pick him over the jumper.
Senpai

Postby The Rogue Titan » Fri May 23, 2014 8:00 am

Senpai wrote:>hook on the back of a titan
>flops = death
Conclusion: git gud nub

Instead of broken hitboxes, wouldn't a genius idea be to just give a few more moves that'd help vertically? >logic
like grab nape + instant crush, or even give a couple annie moves like the side snatch out of the air + crush.

Then just nerf it a tad, it really sucks to be in a spot where you know you shouldn't die but still do anyway, whether it's from lag or hitbox.

nerfing it = less lag bs deaths.

crawler
Also for balancing, deviants ground game should be kind of bad at least compared to a crawler.

>current pc titan = better than crawler.

unless feng decides to make him even faster, no one is really going to want to pick him over the jumper.

Yes. All of this sounds good.
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby Khally » Fri May 23, 2014 2:28 pm

1. It's not about simple lag, because there have been many times where I'm just kind of maintaining a certain altitude, way above what would be considered the normal bellyflop hitbox, and I still get killed.

2. So, someone feels they are underpowered, so they should get gamebreaking mechanics? Love the logic, in that case, why not bring back magnet hands and incredibly unrealistic titan-fu hitboxes to break the game again and slightly increase difficulty?
Khally

Postby The Rogue Titan » Fri May 23, 2014 2:47 pm

Khally wrote:1. It's not about simple lag, because there have been many times where I'm just kind of maintaining a certain altitude, way above what would be considered the normal bellyflop hitbox, and I still get killed.

2. So, someone feels they are underpowered, so they should get gamebreaking mechanics? Love the logic, in that case, why not bring back magnet hands and incredibly unrealistic titan-fu hitboxes to break the game again and slightly increase difficulty?

Well that's a bit direct. But you raise a good point.
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby Miracle » Fri May 23, 2014 3:20 pm

Well, it's not that the hitbox that's too big. The reason with you being killed 50 feets away is most probably due to lag.
The player titan can kill you if he is lagging, and slam on you from few seconds before.
Also, there is possibility that the titan actually slam much earlier when you are on the ground, but due to delay it looks like it slammed much later, and you died after you escape.
The third possibility is the interpolation algorithm (I'm assuming it's included because it's unity networking) had made it seems like you drop on ground at the player titan's client, and the titan killed you.

Proof that the hitbox is actually not that big when there is close to no lag.
Spoiler:
Miracle

PreviousNext

Return to The Dungeon