Are Titans too easy to kill?

Where threads that should be locked away go. ヽ(#`Д´)ノ
- Accelevi

Are Titans too easy to kill?

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:16 am

The short answer is no.

I like to think of myself as a good player at this game and I constantly see people on the forum claiming that Titans are sooooo easy... But think of it this way: Did you start the game getting a shit load of kills? Did you begin your time as a soldier killing every Titan you pass? Chances are you didn't. I don't truly believe anyone here started the game and immediately knew how to decimate the Titans as easily as you can now.

Think of it from a realistic standpoint. Hypothetically of course, say you stopped playing the game completely as soon as you died for the first time and never played again to simulate death. Would you still say the Titans are too easy? Sure they get easy over time because we've trained and died so many times trying to get better, but that doesn't mean they are easy. We just get better. Sooooo many newbies are constantly praising myself and many others as if we never ever die even though that's far from the truth.

Sure they need a few AI tweaks but saying that they are easy to kill is flat out stupid.

Anyways, that's my opinion on the matter and if anyone has any differing thoughts then please state them in a reply.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Re: Are Titans too easy to kill?

Postby Senpai » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:24 am

A very similar thread like this popped out when the titan ai was made better.

and it ended on 75% saying they can cope, or it is a bit hard. the rest saying it was easy or too easy.

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6357
Senpai

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:35 am

Well to be honest Hard mode seems like the most realistic of all the modes. Normal is too easy to be canon and abnormal is too ridiculous to be canon. I never saw that thread, however. I just made this thread on a whim because I was in a match where these jerks were talking down to newbies because they weren't that good yet and they were all claiming "Titans are so easy" and "Come on you can't be that bad! Kill them already! Titans are so easy to kill" So I was a bit upset. :|
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby Senpai » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:19 am

Yeah I'd definitely say the titans aren't at all a cakewalk for new people.
but everyone on the forum pretty much are badass and/or been playing this game forever.

hopefully the tutorial/practice mode, gets to the point where it teaches people the tricks in the tutorial section. (yo-yo, hydra strike, full cuts etc)
how to take on certain titans, and stuff like that.

Yeah they could just go on the forums to find all that shit out, but they shouldn't be forced to.
Senpai

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:35 am

Honestly the concept of yo-yoing is ridiculous to me. I don't think that it's necessary. The others sure but not yo-yo. :|
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby Senpai » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:38 am

It makes fighting Annie a whole lot faster.

idk, just thought a example of a trick like that might be useful for people picking up the game.

edit: especially hooking to a building to kill crawlers would probably be uber useful for newbies, and shit like that.
Senpai

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:44 am

Nah, instead of a tutorial on how to kill crawlers easily, Crawlers should just have a more conventional way of dealing with them. Like we've discussed in other threads: No jumping, only leaping forward.
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby Kiwi » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:00 am

A7X Rogue Titan wrote:I just made this thread on a whim because I was in a match where these jerks were talking down to newbies because they weren't that good yet and they were all claiming "Titans are so easy" and "Come on you can't be that bad! Kill them already! Titans are so easy to kill" So I was a bit upset.

This. I hate it when really good players put newbies down ESPECIALLY on normal servers. What were they expecting? Some perfect group that is automatically able to get to wave 20? No. They are there to shun people and show off.
It's funny, too, when they start to mention the equator cut, vector cut, and all the other basic moves. Alright, so they are supposed to completely understand how to do it right then and there? Ugh.

Anyways. Titans are easy to kill, but sometimes no because it really depends what the situation is. No player is perfect. :/
Kiwi

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:08 am

But you're not understanding what I'm saying. They are not too easy to kill. Experienced players are just too good to see them as that much of a threat anymore. Bad situation or not, they are a force to be reckoned with. If everyone suddenly for some reason lost all of their skill on how to kill Titans, we would all be blubbering messes. It's a matter of experience. No matter how you look at it. The only thing that can be done is tweak their AI and make a "Hell Mode" as said in an other thread.
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby Kiwi » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:37 am

A7X Rogue Titan wrote:But you're not understanding what I'm saying. They are not too easy to kill. Experienced players are just too good to see them as that much of a threat anymore. Bad situation or not, they are a force to be reckoned with. If everyone suddenly for some reason lost all of their skill on how to kill Titans, we would all be blubbering messes. It's a matter of experience. No matter how you look at it. The only thing that can be done is tweak their AI and make a "Hell Mode" as said in an other thread.

I completely understand, actually. It's common sense that experience yields better players. (I was just agreeing to what you said about those douches putting down other players, claiming that killing titans is easy. >.>) I get what you're saying, some people who have become very experienced at the game have a different attitude towards titans.

Scratch what I said, they aren't easy. But even if they did make a 'hell' mode then there will be people who will complain that the game is too 'hard'. >.> <.<'
Kiwi

Next

Return to The Dungeon