Are Titans too easy to kill?

Where threads that should be locked away go. ヽ(#`Д´)ノ
- Accelevi

Re: Are Titans too easy to kill?

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:43 am

Well difficulty is what makes the AoT universe so unique. I think Hell mode would solve a lot of problems for everyone. It'll give "pros" and canon-nerds a good time, and it'll mean that newbies can enjoy their training in peace. But even with the addition of Hell mode, the AI still needs to be tweaked.

And I'm glad you see it my way too.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Noodler » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:49 am

Not really. The kinda game we have now needs them to be easy, otherwise a lot of people would drop it.
Noodler

Postby Peanuts » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:52 am

Titans are easy to kill now as some people said, I think it's because of reeling :o
Since reeling makes it that much easier and faster to overcome a titan's turn, instead of you swinging around the titans endlessly
Peanuts

Postby Noodler » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:53 am

There's no single cause other than 3dmg is op.
Given the power of airquators, blaming it on reeling doesn't really work.
Noodler

Postby Senpai » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:55 am

I wouldn't hold reeling as the thing that make the game ez mode.
since ppl were reking this game way before we had reel.

I'd say reeling is the reason bosses like annie and ct get rekt, but for normal titans not reeling is just as effective/easy.
Senpai

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:56 am

Well the game needs to be tweaked to have at least more realistic attacks. At least in harder modes that is. And I realize that to get more players it would need to cater towards more people but then the game loses what made it great in the first place.

And why wouldn't 3DMG be OP? :lol: Isn't the point of them to aid in killing the Titans? I don't think 3DMG is the problem. Titan AI and attacks is the problem.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Z.E.D » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:52 am

For me easy. Used to it

FOr new players? hahahahahahah they get slaughtered like goats
Z.E.D

Postby SkysAreRed » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:08 am

I started playing 1 month ago from today, and even in normal mode i still make mistakes that get me killed. Even in hard mode i still struggle sometimes. Abnormal is something i do to laugh at when i go to the city and fly stupidly high just to watch like 10 titans fly ALLL the way up to get to me and i try drop onto them with Mikasa special from as high as i can get.
The only change that needs to be made in my opinion is crawlers. When i first started i would often see a crawler and just leave the server or suicide into it (i often just solo'd by setting player cap to 1). It wasnt till i started going through the forums and youtube that i found out how to kill them and even after that it still took me ages to get them.

Crawlers need some serious adjustment because first hand experience they are straight up impossible to kill for new players. even with my friends who i showed the game to like a week ago they will rely on me to kill them and just reset the game if i fail. but saying titans are too easy? no way. their still stupidly hard to kill in normal diff for new players (watching friends at school, my god...). even people with little patience will rq the game after 20 mins.
its just everyone improving thats all. if you want a challenge try solo'ing lava mode till wave 20 in hard. if you can do that then just wait for feng to release more content to enjoy <3

But yeah, this is the opinion of a newbie here who seems even "godly" to his friends at this game o.0
SkysAreRed

Postby BSC » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 am

Z.E.D wrote:"slaughtered like goats"

Accurately describes how everybody was during their first few games.

On a per-difficulty basis:
Normal is, quite truly, what should be described as easy mode. If you remove the crawlers and remove the jumpers then it would be ideal as easy mode. While off-topic, new players should be given this mode without crawlers or jumpers.
- Titans are too easy for many of the AOTTG fanbase.

Hard, on the otherhand, does represent a more realistic mirror to the anime/manga where titans are seen as more fearsome, faster and nastier. I find that Hard mode isn't a mode where titans are easy to kill but they're not overly difficult either. Given that this game has a public server, AOTTG is swerving into less solo-playing and into more teamwork, hence you'd survive more in any mode where titans won't all be flocking to you.

Abnormal. The purely fun and non-serious difficulty where death is truly inevitable (unless 99 Erens appear...). Killing a titan in Abnormal is pure satisfaction. The mode is not designed to be capable for normal players and that is the case.

In the end, as discussed by earlier people, it comes down to your experience with killing titans, the core reactions that they will perform depending on where you are relative to them and your ability to utilise the 3DMG.
BSC

Postby Senpai » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:41 am

@BSCI thought there wasn't any jumpers on normal.
No I just think the hardcore is the most vocal, and really the difficulty is challenging enough for newbies. (but there definitely needs to be a hell mode for pros)

see every server ever(US anyway), there's such a big scarcity of any game that isn't being played on normal.

@skysarered definitely agree with you on the crawler thing, even an anime fan wouldn't know what to do against crawlers

i always thought it was weird that they can spin so fast, and jump, apparently its for balancing.

but if anything they could at least remove the jump, since from what I've seen they're better at air-killing than like most jumpers lol.
Senpai

PreviousNext

Return to The Dungeon