Are Titans too easy to kill?

Where threads that should be locked away go. ヽ(#`Д´)ノ
- Accelevi

Re: Are Titans too easy to kill?

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:45 am

Senpai wrote:@BSCI thought there wasn't any jumpers on normal.

Really? O.o Jumpers are on all difficulties, I'm surprised you wouldn't have seen them on normal
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby Senpai » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:55 am

do they jump slower or something? lol

I might just kill them too fast to ever see one jump. but I could swear i remember I'm flying through the air and being perfectly safe.
Senpai

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:20 am

I think they are less common in lower difficulties. Not sure if they jump slower. :P
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby Noodler » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:11 am

Senpai wrote:I wouldn't hold reeling as the thing that make the game ez mode.
since ppl were reking this game way before we had reel.

I'd say reeling is the reason bosses like annie and ct get rekt, but for normal titans not reeling is just as effective/easy.

A lot of people kill Annie by just swinging around trees actually.
It certainly made damage a ton easier, although it's less op now that it's easy to hit 2k with airquators.

I'm pretty sure jumpers jump slower on lower difficulties.

As for crawlers; yes, they're very fucking stupid. I was playing with some friends last night, and a hard mode 4m crawler single fucking handedly killed Tailex, Tornado Levi, and Zarythe. 2 potential top 10 players and a typical "pro" wiped out by one nonboss titan, which is supposed to be soloable by typical players. Excellent.
Noodler

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:21 pm

The AI is too simple for this question to be put.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby TheGreatJedi » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:41 pm

Annie Leonhardt wrote:The AI is too simple for this question to be put.

I don't think so
I think they have a hidden intelligence
For example Crawlers
when you use your special as mikasa
they will stop moving and slide out of your way then when you land they will finally crush you same to jumpers they cancel your jump when you execute mikasa skill
TheGreatJedi

Postby pavichokche » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:58 pm

I think they're pretty easy for experienced players, however they're always dangerous if you get careless or mess up too many times. I think there should be more of them at the same or maybe slightly higher difficulty. They should be able to catch your wire in midair, not to kill you (since the engine kinda ignores player damage from hitting objects) but to break your momentum and fling you unexpectedly towards them or to the ground near them. But for the most part they should be way more numerous in the City
pavichokche

Postby Terminus » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:55 pm

Jumpers didn't exist on singleplayer before the May update, since the spawns were all the same; 12 Normals, 2 Abberants, and a Crawler. I don't know about Multiplayer, since I started playing shortly after public servers were axed.
Terminus

Postby Sylvy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:35 pm

Too easy? maybe.

A lot easier than it used to be, Yes, definitely.

With the wealth of information in the Tutorial section. I don't see why any noob would be a noob longer than a month anymore. Pretty soon, a lot of the current noobs, should be able to contend with the current "pro" players in the game. Just saying. This game is very repetitive and doesn't hold many surprises. The consistency of the game allows players to excel rapidly. That's the truth of it. Any noob that isn't learning the game quickly isn't using the resources given to him by the pioneers of this game :P Although this is causing some issues in the learning process. I've seen many players lately reel before they even know how to tap the gas button *shrugs*
Sylvy

Postby Accelevi » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:25 pm

Normal is like practically an ideal training mode at the moment, besides the Training level/etc.
Hard is a joke, but i Understand people who like it. But it's a false sense of difficulty, as Titans are just faster, if I remember correctly.
Abnormal isn't really a difficulty above Hard or whatever, but it's more of a separate game mode in my opinion, and it's for those who want to just play something like that.

So, might as well just add another mode, Hell or something, and just put the hardcore stuff into there, from a more 'realistic' standpoint, for those who want to play it.
Those who don't want to won't be forced to.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

PreviousNext

Return to The Dungeon