Are Titans too easy to kill?

Where threads that should be locked away go. ヽ(#`Д´)ノ
- Accelevi

Re: Are Titans too easy to kill?

Postby Kami-Sama » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:58 pm

Yes they are too easy to kill but they should be. If anything humans should be made easier to die or get handicapped if played wildly. Humans get to respawn so no one even cares and rushes in for practice. You also can fall from 30,000 miles in the sky and land on your feet as well as slam against a wall or tree at 4 million miles per hour. I try really hard not to crash into crap and abuse sliding my characters ass on the ground for like 500 feet (for style and some realism). But it's a game and until someone beats every map solo as well as difficulty the game isn't too easy. (or maybe it's already been done ;) )
Kami-Sama

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:25 pm

The game is a lot harder than most of the people here think. We've all probably been playing for a while so we don't really know what it's like to be inexperienced in this game this late into it, but I myself did a little science experiment and got 5 friends, my sister, and my mother to try out the game while I watched them. This went on for 2 weeks every day. They learn simple generic skills but still have trouble with it. They don't know how to kill crawlers, they constantly are surprised by jumpers, and the Titan Fu catches them right out of the air. Only one of my friends is able to beat normal city and forest. But in Hard mode since the aberrant/crawler rate is higher and they are much faster he has trouble. Most AAA games that are difficult take just a level or 2 to get easy but this game is unpredictable.

I'm not saying that Titans are perfect or that the game shouldn't have an even more realistic difficulty, but to say the game is easy is a bit selfish imo.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Sylvy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:01 pm

Then the real question is, how long will it be until the game becomes too easy? :P

IF your friends, sister, and mother played the game enough, they'll eventually realize the game is easy as well. And would it be so wrong to think that when they reach that point? My point is that the new generation of aottg players have a LOTTT of room to grow. You can't just say the game isn't too easy because noobs are noobs >.> Yes, they think the game is hard now, but eventually, it WILL become too easy for them as well. Then what? You can't gear the game for noobs. You gear the game for the better players. Why? Because the noobs have the most potential. I don't know how else to say this. XD It's not at all selfish. It's how you build a game. Higher tier players are getting bored, noobs are still having fun, AND will keep on having fun up to the moment they realize the game is too easy. Some might keep playing BUT it's at that point where most people quit this game.

In turn, sir. It's not the people that think the game is too easy that's selfish. You gotta think what's better in the long run. Not just what is good for noobs at this moment. Most of us started without reel and we've kept playing till now. If we can do that, the noobs nowadays will survive :P
Sylvy

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:43 pm

I'm not saying to make the game easier for the noobs, I'm just saying that it isn't easy. Think of games like Call of Duty or Battlefield. Whether you're a noob or not it's pretty easy to kill things. But in this game it's not. I'll try to rephrase: It's hard to get over the difficulty hump, but when you do it's smooth sailing until another difficulty or better Titan AI/Attacks comes along. I'm not saying to make the game easier or harder, I just want to stress that easy for you isn't easy for everyone. Like I said in my earlier post, I can't stand the "pros" that talk down to newbies because they have more experience.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby Noodler » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:27 pm

It's not like there won't ever be more new players, so you can't make the overall difficulty higher.
I remember dying 10 times just to kill one titan, that's not exactly good. People want results from playing, or they'll probably just quit.

Feng just needs an easier (not training) and a harder difficulty in my opinion.
Noodler

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:32 pm

Noodler wrote:It's not like there won't ever be more new players, so you can't make the overall difficulty higher.
I remember dying 10 times just to kill one titan, that's not exactly good. People want results from playing, or they'll probably just quit.

Feng just needs an easier (not training) and a harder difficulty in my opinion.

I agree. But "harder" is a touchy subject.
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby TheGreatJedi » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:14 pm

Representing
Slow motion Titans Aka Easy mode
And the Fast Forward Titans (Not Abnormal) Aka Extreme mode
TheGreatJedi

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:35 pm

But just making them faster or slower won't completely solve it.
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby TheGreatJedi » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:54 pm

A7X Rogue Titan wrote:But just making them faster or slower won't completely solve it.

That doesn't solve it but
It makes it easier or harder Except a better AI
TheGreatJedi

Postby Accelevi » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:18 am

You know, instead of beating around the AI difficulty bush like that, might as well just boost the AI.
Speed changes only go so far.

And of course, any game of this kind will be relatively hard to newbies. It's called dedication.
If you're actually interested, you'll keep playing, if not, you'll quit.

And Normal mode is at a perfect level in my opinion for that. Might as well just rename that Beginner or Easy or whatever, and rename Hard to Normal, put Hell in as Hell or whatever, keep abnormal as is, except for a few touchups here and there.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

PreviousNext

Return to The Dungeon