Are Titans too easy to kill?

Where threads that should be locked away go. ヽ(#`Д´)ノ
- Accelevi

Re: Are Titans too easy to kill?

Postby The Rogue Titan » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:02 am

Accelevi wrote:You know, instead of beating around the AI difficulty bush like that, might as well just boost the AI.
Speed changes only go so far.

And of course, any game of this kind will be relatively hard to newbies. It's called dedication.
If you're actually interested, you'll keep playing, if not, you'll quit.

And Normal mode is at a perfect level in my opinion for that. Might as well just rename that Beginner or Easy or whatever, and rename Hard to Normal, put Hell in as Hell or whatever, keep abnormal as is, except for a few touchups here and there.

Yeah this is what I think would be best too.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby UnderWolf » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:07 am

Know what I think would be awesome? A game mode (singleplayer) where everything is in slow motion, the game moves at a slower rate. Not just you or the titans, but everything. I would love this game mode, so I could get to practice my vector cuts and equator cuts and perfect them/try new techniques. It's honestly hard to develop the reflex of shooting your hook in the perfect spot every time or timing everything perfectly. Even some of the pro players have a somewhat "sloppy" technique. This would allow people to perfect their aim and timing even more! Personally though, while on the subject of "noobs." Titans are easy to kill, it's not that I find them easy to kill now after having played a bunch, or that my friends are like goats to be slaughtered... The fact is that yes, they are easy. Why do I say this? In AOTTG, 3DMG is ESSENTIAL, it is to us like a gun is to a BF4 player. Except in BF4, players already know how to shoot and aim their guns. For us, you need to sit there and practice learning to use the core mechanic of the game. Once you have actually learned how to play, you get to kill things and not die as much! Once you do, killing titans is normally a breeze unless you get "Titan Fu'ed" or "grappled by magnet hands" or "hitbox glitched." The game then becomes easier, I have seen players that can go on killing sprees on abnormal mode (okay, it was xedma but still, people like that do exist.) The game is hard for players that do not know how to play the game, but once they know how the game becomes much easier. The game then continues to get easier without getting harder. Yes, making a game mode for first time players would be nice so they don't rage quit. However, adding a game mode for the elite of the elite would also be nice, I'm not talking about "All aberrant and crawler mode." I'm talking about just making the normal titans react faster, swing faster, turn faster, and just become a bit more challenging. But hey, that's just my two cents.
UnderWolf

Postby Accelevi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:17 am

Just making everything faster only goes so far.
And slow motion might help a bit, but you still need to learn to be able to shoot at the faster, regular speed.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Terminus » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:13 am

Accelevi wrote:Just making everything faster only goes so far.
And slow motion might help a bit, but you still need to learn to be able to shoot at the faster, regular speed.

It still helps with the general timing. At least then you'd go into it with some knowledge of what to hook onto, rather than just shooting hooks everywhere and crashing way off-mark.
Terminus

Postby UnderWolf » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:31 am

Accelevi wrote:Just making everything faster only goes so far.

I'm not saying it should be just those titans, heck who knows what'll be coming up in the updates (other than feng or like... you xD) It's just a nice start I guess. I realize that, it's like how I learn things on my guitar. When I learn something on my guitar that's completely new I have to start off slow, so that I don't start a bad habit or learn any parts sloppy, then increase the speed till it's perfect. I mean I guess I'm looking at it from a musicians point of view but I feel it would be helpful.
UnderWolf

Postby Doki » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:41 am

Just play Armin if you want to play with slow motion.
Doki

Postby Kami-Sama » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:12 pm

Game just needs to be less predictable imo. Like make some aberrant titans do something else besides flopping. I mean i kill them before they even have a chance to know what the heck is happening but still would be nice. Same with hard titans and normal ones. Make a new grab or something and make the grab faster.
Kami-Sama

Postby magicman111111 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:46 pm

If you want to make it hard make a game mode where you fight a army of player crawlers and Annies there is your hell mode
Last edited by magicman111111 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magicman111111

Postby shaun45451 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:55 pm

You're asking a trick question. For us elite, Titans are as intimidating as a basket of kittens. For noobs, their oversized Hitlers. So the answer is Yes and No.
shaun45451

Postby magicman111111 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:18 pm

The best thing to do would be to add new attacks to the titans that they can only do on higher difficulties, they defiantly need more grab and bite attacks as discussed before maybe a slowed down copy of Annie's move set they should be able to kill you if you are anywhere on them or if you are anywhere within there reach and they should also be able to climb buildings give the titans the ability to do this and there is hell mode and leave the current AI for easy mode
magicman111111

PreviousNext

Return to The Dungeon