Are Titans too easy to kill?

Where threads that should be locked away go. ヽ(#`Д´)ノ
- Accelevi

Re: Are Titans too easy to kill?

Postby Accelevi » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:20 pm

toxicpls

12k, not really, if you think that's a bit much, you should see my other posts.
Although that's probably not a good thing.
Image

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
User avatar
Accelevi
« Administrator »
 
Posts: 13049
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:59 pm

 

Re: Are Titans too easy to kill?

Postby Teitoto » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:21 pm

12kez90 wrote:Damn Accel! :shock: Don't you think that was a little much?


Saying "a little much" is weird.
I mean a little means not a lot and much means a lot. Dis iz too weird @^@
Teitoto
 

Re: Are Titans too easy to kill?

Postby xRivailution » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:52 pm

''Facts are not necessarily truth, some are, but not all of them.''

You did not need to copy-paste the whole definition of the terms.
Facts are pieces of information that are given by people, and people do make mistakes.

Before the 16th century, people thought that the earth was square shaped, and it was a fact that was concidered to be true by everyone, however, that ''fact'' turned out to be a lie, the earth is round-shaped.

I said ''not all facts are true'' which means that most of the current facts are true, but not all of them are.

What is lies to you might be truths to others,vice versa.
And I am going to quote Itachi:

''People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"
xRivailution
 

Re: Are Titans too easy to kill?

Postby Accelevi » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:21 am

Um, what?
Wasn't it that people thought the earth was flat?

And stop being stubborn, it's always fine to have an easier difficulty, and then tone it up as people need it.
Nobody gives a damn you start on Hard.

And let me rephrase that.
Facts are what people believe to be true given the current knowledge base.
Yes they might be wrong, but then it's not a fact anymore.
Image

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
User avatar
Accelevi
« Administrator »
 
Posts: 13049
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:59 pm

Re: Are Titans too easy to kill?

Postby xRivailution » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:33 am

Accel, man, chill.

This is only my opinion, its not an obligation that I give to anyone, my opinion is not a fact, I am only saying that its pointless to make an easier difficulty, its up to feng to do what he does.

I doubt he even reads the suggestions that people write down.
xRivailution
 

Re: Are Titans too easy to kill?

Postby Accelevi » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:24 am

Your argument is a failure.
> I already know it's your opinion
> It's not pointless to make an easier difficulty
> It's always up to feng to do what he does
> If he doesn't read, why do you keep working so hard at suggesting things?
Image

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
User avatar
Accelevi
« Administrator »
 
Posts: 13049
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:59 pm

Re: Are Titans too easy to kill?

Postby Connorhere » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:43 am

Tbh Accel you're being a tad rude, can you try not to aggravate him on purpose :/
And xRiva you're being a bit bias on your thoughts of newbie players.

I understand the reluctancy to add an even easier mode than normal due to how easy we see normal right now, but obviously there are newbier people than us. The normal titans are slow and pause a lot, and sometimes at specific angles they'll literally just freeze forever. Even so, countless players can't use the 3DMG to preform a simple kill, even if you can. It requires a bit more effort than you think, it's just incredibly basic and linear to us now because we're good at predicting our own actions. Newbies aren't. You understand the titan AI and know what to expect but beginners don't, just because perhaps you caught on quickly doesn't mean everyone does.

An easier mode could be fine, just have it similar to the old training map, however instead of still dummies actually have them move around a little bit, with a larger cooldown to their attacks so the players can at least feel like they're in control of the situation. (Also perhaps a more spacier area, those pillars were annoying)

Also ya'll are literally diving straight into an argument against eachother, you're not even involving the topic into your argument. Come on :/
Connorhere
 

Re: Are Titans too easy to kill?

Postby TheGreatJedi » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:11 am

Here is one things that must end this charade

Easier difficulty is a must for newbie since maneuvering is really that hard
If you don't want it, don't play it. Its as simple as that. that's why we are also suggesting harder difficulty
@Accel has a point
@XRivail I know how you feel for better challenge for everyone
But this game is for everyone so it must be appropriate for players to match the difficulty they can handle until they master it and move on to harder difficulty
Titans are not easy to kill Because pro are not the only player
And since training mode is removed players are having hard time doing it in tutorial since the titans can move there
Game defy the facts or truth in certain bases just to make the game for everyone to play
That is why games must promote balance if you want better challenges play something else or wait for the game to get harder and better
TheGreatJedi
 

Re: Are Titans too easy to kill?

Postby xRivailution » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:18 am

Dude, accel. First of all, I am trying my best to be polite to everyone, so appreciate that.
If you want to lead to pointless arguments, I wont do that, I am simply tired.

I used to suggest things because I liked to post my ideas and see what people think of them, and even though I got a lot of unnecessary hate from people, I continued to post my opinion and debate whether I am right or wrong. And then, all of a sudden, you banned me for like, 3 weeks or something.

And I was fine with it, I am not gonna bitch about that, but lets just say that you were just pissed at me for no big reason.

If we are to talk about how shitty my suggestions are, then how good and excellent are yours?

Literally all of your reply's are just turning people down or saying that the thing is pointless.

You never really try to see the bright side of the things that people post, you never really write ''this can be put together in a better way'' or ''i like the idea however i want some changes''.

You never write constructive criticism, or try to cheer people up and make them like your forums. You just kind of act like a really good moderator where all you do is lock people's threads, address them as freaking idiots or just bash them.
xRivailution
 

Re: Are Titans too easy to kill?

Postby The Rogue Titan » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:29 am

If there was an easier difficulty it should be exclusive to singleplayer. It would be so damn annoying to go onto the server list and see 20 pages of "easy" mode games.



This is getting annoying
Accel has posted a lot of constructive criticism first of all. And the reason he "bashes" things and such is because the majority of the things people suggest aren't very well thought out. It even says in his sig to ask him if they need to have an explanation of why he was so blunt. Does he sometimes go too far? Sure. But from all the crap he's had to put up with on this forum would drive anyone insane. I love this forum and a bunch of the people on it are pretty awesome, but even I; in the short time that I've been a member am getting tired of seeing repetitive/Stupid/bad posts and suggestions that people give. ALL THE TIME. So it's no surprise that he would tend to be a little sour to the people who don't put any effort into their suggestions or opinions. Just look at me, I started out on the forum all happy and nice, but now I've been kind of cranky too when it comes to things I don't agree with. I do not agree with "bashing" of any kind, but if someone says something reeeeeally stupid, then I can't be asked to calmly tell them they are wrong if they won't listen to reason.

On the other hand, everyone has their own opinion and vision for the game. Some of them might be bad or might not work, but there is no reason it should be simply beaten up by people's rude comments. Whether it's bad or not, it should be allowed explanation. And if the explanation isn't good enough and doesn't back it up to the point where everyone disagrees, then you can't blame someone for bluntly saying "THIS IS AWFUL". I've seen my fair share of comments that I don't agree with. But if they are not utterly horrible, then there is no reason to get testy. Unless of course it's been suggested 1,000 fucking times.

Some people want realism and challenge, while other people want playful fun. But there is a delicate balance. And if one of the 2 is overweight then the game goes to shit and we're all pissed at it even more than before. Your skill/patience/attitude doesn't reflect on everyone else. If you are a super badass that can kill 1,000 Titans in a second, here's a newsflash: NO ONE CARES. If you can sit down and try for 3 hours to kill one Titan without any success; Newsflash: Some people can't! And if you are "super nice" and can't understand why people would be so rude and hurt people's wittle feewings; Newsflash: Some people have different personalities and would rather not just sit and explain something to someone if they aren't going to make the effort to listen! While also, if you are grumpy/cynical, and you can't make the effort to at least try to be more understanding to SOME people(I say "some" because there are people who are literally just impossible to talk to) then people will get upset and make the situation worse for everyone.

Not everyone starts out swinging and slicing like a murderous Spider-Man. So saying shit like "They are too easy" is a sugar-coated way of saying 'Hi I'm good at this game and everyone else should be too, or just stop playing'.

Rant fucking over :)


TLDR of above spoiler tag
Hurr durr being mean is bad. Hurr durr understand mean people's opinions. Hurr durr people like different things and have different personalities/"skills" and ways to deal with stupidity/cynicism.


For the love of all that is holy, LOCK THIS THREAD. I had no idea such a simple discussion would lead to this shit. :cry:
Image
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
User avatar
The Rogue Titan
Moderator
 
Posts: 1716
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:02 pm
Location: In the blood of Eren Jaeger.
Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

PreviousNext

Return to The Dungeon

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest