14th June 2014 - Forum Explosion

Where threads that should be locked away go. ヽ(#`Д´)ノ
- Accelevi

14th June 2014 - Forum Explosion

Postby BSC » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:19 pm

So.....I've managed to get into the forum with incredible lag. As you may be aware, the forum (and aottg game) appeared to have been uh...DDOS-ed? or Feng tripped and split some water or something. Has anybody been capable of advancing as far as I? O.o

Update: From Xedma, a Reddit link stirred up the community, bringing hoards of new players into the game, overloading the servers which caused this mess. This potentially can help increase the fanbase but would require Feng to upgrade his servers to compensate for this.

I'll edit this when there's more information.
Last edited by BSC on Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
BSC

Re: 14th June 2014 - Forum Explosion

Postby TheGreatJedi » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:13 pm

As far as I know
Logging in your Game Account will take forever
The game won't load unless you cached it
Lets just pray its not another DDOS attack
TheGreatJedi

Postby Ceazar » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:22 pm

Ummm yea, took me quite a while just to get this far. I keep seeing the server being offline then turning back on, but not affecting the game itself... and yea like Jedi said "Takes Forever to Login" but i can still play as a guest. Not much of a difference in the rooms though.. But certainly the lag is killing me...
Ceazar

Postby Xedma » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:58 pm

It is known as the Reddit Hug of Death! This is an unintentional DDoS that happens when hundreds of redditors visit a site they were linked to all at the same time. It's way more than the servers can handle at once!

A redditor linked this game in a popular topic in /r/askreddit which lead to this. To learn more, check out the discussion topic in /r/attackontitangame

edit: finally able to edit! Fixed linking format.
Last edited by Xedma on Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Xedma

Postby TheGreatJedi » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:44 pm

Xedma wrote:It is known as the Reddit Hug of Death! This is an unintentional DDoS that happens when hundreds of redditors visit a site they were linked to all at the same time. It's way more than the servers can handle at once!

A redditor linked this game in a popular topic in [/r/askreddit](http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comme ... ?context=3) which lead to this. To learn more, check out the discussion topic in [/r/attackontitangame](http://www.reddit.com/r/Attackontitanga ... wn/ci76l68)

Thats a lot :o
Well i guess that explains everything
TheGreatJedi

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:38 pm

Hm. So I'm NOT the only one who was experiencing this... :/ ah well, hope it'll get fixed up soon.
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby BSC » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:08 am

Haha thanks for the heads up Xedma. If you've read, it appears that it was merely an abnormality in player increase. Server must be overloaded hence the forum (which can be taxing) and sometimes the login failing.
BSC

Postby Peanuts » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:24 am

Feng said there was an unusual increase in traffic from the US side, which started causing everything to go so slow
Is this the same case? :shock:
Peanuts

Postby Noya » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:58 am

It works again :) Let's hope it stays like that
Noya

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:27 am

I thought the problem was from me :lol:
Annie Leonhardt

Next

Return to The Dungeon