Suggestions for the forum

( ・・)σ Make sure you stay up to date on these. You CAN reply to threads here.
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Suggestions for the forum

Postby Terramort » Tue May 06, 2014 9:07 pm

Why don't you think very highly of me, if I may ask?
Terramort

Postby Accelevi » Tue May 06, 2014 9:17 pm

Look at yourself, and then consider why?

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Terramort » Tue May 06, 2014 9:23 pm

I'm asking for constructive criticism, not name calling. I realize I've been very... adamant about suggestions in the past, but I've offered my apologies and have since tried very hard to keep a minimal presence. I've made a few mistakes, such as the mod, but I've owned up to them and kept my word as far as never mentioning them again. I've swallowed my disappointment about not having my own guild due to my mistake. I'm willing to listen to what my flaws are, but cutting remarks aren't going to get either of us anywhere.
Terramort

Postby Accelevi » Tue May 06, 2014 9:51 pm

Perhaps how you twist words? Could that possibly be it?

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Terramort » Tue May 06, 2014 10:10 pm

I'm not going to fall into bickering with you. I'll listen if we can talk like adults. Otherwise, let's drop the subject. I'm not trying to twist anyone's words.
Terramort

Postby Innti » Tue May 06, 2014 10:16 pm

If both of you are just talking bring it to pm. Don't hurt each others reputation by fighting pretty please
d=(´▽`)=b
Innti

Postby Redsama » Tue May 06, 2014 10:21 pm

Accelevi wrote:Nah, it's more of I don't really relatively think that highly of you, Terra.
And Suggestions already has polls enabled, but I'm not sure if Newbies/Guests can vote.
And I think there was a public vote system, and for most suggestion systems, that would work better, so people could actually see who voted for what, instead of just some number.

If it's an old idea that's actually still relevant and can bring new discussion, feel free to make a new thread on it, otherwise, let it be.

You see the thing is, when an idea is perfect there would be nothing to discuss about it. And that idea would then get buried and forgotten about over the imperfect ideas that people would work towards perfecting, generating more discussion. And it's only these that feng seems to notice. We need a way for both feng and players to view the most wanted ideas, something that generates discussion does not mean it's the most wanted.

Having people express their opinion on an idea by only posting won't work well because not only does that limit it to the minority that can post due to the 15 post restriction but even those people may not have anything to say and prefer to remain anonymous. I don't see how having a system where you can see who votes for what can help in anyway. As you can see in the PS Blog, the difference in the amount of comments and amount of votes is huge.

I know that the polls are enabled, that's why I said create a rule where people have to put a poll in their suggestion topics. From there is only the start. Then enable a way for people to find the most voted for topics and a way for Anons and Newbies to vote.
Redsama

Postby Accelevi » Wed May 07, 2014 12:17 am

So...
What do you suppose the Suggestions announcement that Ghost made is for?
And just putting polls doesn't bump it up by voting.

And finding most voted topics isn't possible, as far as I know, at least with the level of authorization I have.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Redsama » Wed May 07, 2014 1:04 am

Accelevi wrote:So...
What do you suppose the Suggestions announcement that Ghost made is for?
And just putting polls doesn't bump it up by voting.

And finding most voted topics isn't possible, as far as I know, at least with the level of authorization I have.

The Suggestions Compilation announcement? That doesn't accurately tell us what's the most wanted suggestion. And again, we don't know what the majority think of these ideas because they can't or won't express their opinion on it. The easiest and most efficient way for them to do it are polls. As for finding the most voted topics, that's too bad. But the least you could do is enforce the poll rule and let anyone be able to vote (and allow re-voting). This way there are more people that are able to expressing their opinion. And also allow re-bumping every week so we can keep the exposure high. If a bad idea which has at least 20 downvotes and upvotes that are less than half the total downvotes constantly gets re-bumped every week, lock the topic.
Redsama

Postby Accelevi » Wed May 07, 2014 1:07 am

Ghost made it by having been here and by looking over the suggestions, and the point of the compilation announcement isn't for a huge list with everything, it's for a few core things, hope they get implemented, and then replace with more.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

PreviousNext

Return to Staff Announcements 2 - Where you can contribute!