Formal Apology

( ・・)σ Make sure you stay up to date on these. You CAN reply to threads here.
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Formal Apology

Postby Accelevi » Sat May 10, 2014 7:37 pm

I realize I've been a rather terrible person as of late, and I want to apologize to all those I offended. I don't expect most of you all to accept it, and I don't need to have a false acceptance either, go out and say it, that you don't believe me, if you want. I'm not going to bite you. I've been rude, I've used some very foul language, I've been stubborn, I've been harsh, strict, and lots more.

I want to say that I'll get better, but it doesn't seem like it's working out, is it? Old habits do die hard. I know, it's not an excuse. But I still want to be able to say it, to all of you guys. I am trying to get better and reform, but it seems like I'm just doing worse with each passing day. The new update also pushed me back quite a bit, and yes, I know that's not an excuse either. I grow tired of all the people who don't read announcements/rules, I grow tired of the threads that could've been avoided with search bars, I grow tired of people in general.

I know just because I get stressed and angry, and otherwise filled with negativity, I shouldn't take it out on you guys. But guess what? It still happens. And I realize it happens. I sincerely apologize to all those that I've hurt by being so. I don't expect, need, or want genuine acceptances of my apologies, but rather for you all to perhaps just keep it in your minds.

It would be too silly to expect a full acceptance of my apology, wouldn't it? I really am sorry, to all of you forumers.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Re: Formal Apology

Postby Noodler » Sat May 10, 2014 7:56 pm

I, and many others really appreciate this. I think it's a huge step forward.
About accepting your apology, I'll wait it out on this one. If you manage to improve your behavior, I'll completely forgive you, but if you don't there's no reason why I would do so in my opinion.

My suggestion is (if it's possible) you implement a way for some specific mods to access your inbox and reply, so you don't have to deal with all the "GIEB FENG GOLD A CUNT" stupidity all by yourself.
On the facebook fanpage, every single admin deals with annoyances as a team, and if one person gets too frustrated by it, he can simply take a break and the page will still be managed perfectly, at a slightly slower rate. If this you could do this I have a hunch it would help your behavior alot.
I completely understand why you act like this since I'm a victim of it myself (hence I stopped posting on facebook for the most part), I'm just not okay with it because you're the admin, which you should understand.
Noodler

Postby Z.E.D » Sat May 10, 2014 7:58 pm

Apology accepeted Accelevi/Makoto/Add X)

Just don"t stress and be cool ;)
Z.E.D

Postby Accelevi » Sat May 10, 2014 7:59 pm

So... like a forward to rest of mods thing?
I'll see if I can do this, because there's some "rules" tab or something, but I'm not sure if it entails that.

EDIT: That's not possible, unfortunately.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby DarioEMeloD » Sat May 10, 2014 8:06 pm

It comes with the pressure of being a mod. I know how it is, I was a mod for 3 years. Although I never had the chance... I mean, the need to ban someone :P
But I had started to do things wrong and decided to step aside and give the opportunity to others. Now I believe I'm more capable of controlling my emotions, and I think more clearly before talking. People can generate a lot of stress in you, and not everyone is ready to handle it... And that comes from a future teacher xD

By writing this apology we can see you're making progress. It's more than accepted :)
DarioEMeloD

Postby Noodler » Sat May 10, 2014 8:17 pm

There should be some way to make a similar function, even if it's less convenient. Mods, or at least you can view other people's PMs if I'm not mistaken. Maybe you could give some mods the privilege to participate in your private conversations? If you can do this, privacy issues might be a bit of a problem.
Endo also suggested you find a patient, dedicated newbie section moderator, considering the amount of things you have to deal with there. He wouldn't have to be the sole moderator there, but he would be the one mainly dealing with people asking for gold accounts and mods etc.

Anyway, I apologize for being as oppressive as I was. It wasn't the greatest day for me, which is why I got ticked off so easily.
Noodler

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Sat May 10, 2014 8:20 pm

You could also add some other mods to help you.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Colopty » Sat May 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Annie Leonhardt wrote:You could also add some other mods to help you.

I see you fishing there. :lol:
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Colopty
Forum Luminary

Formerly: Cephalopod god

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Sat May 10, 2014 8:50 pm

Nah, I don't really care about that anymore.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Colopty » Sat May 10, 2014 8:55 pm

Stop ruining my jokes. :(
Have to agree though, could need some more mods. I need them to play the counting game damnit!
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Colopty
Forum Luminary

Formerly: Cephalopod god

Next

Return to Staff Announcements 2 - Where you can contribute!