CHANGE TO MOD RULE

( ・・)σ Make sure you stay up to date on these. You CAN reply to threads here.
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: CHANGE TO MOD RULE

Postby Miracle » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:54 pm

Accelevi wrote:Feng, I know at least one modder who already has code that can be carried over to every mod, so every time the mod is opened (the exe to be specific), then it'll open your game site, so it simulates a visit per play.
Also, I know for certain another modder has code to block out mods, abusive mods would be the only ones blocked iirc, but I'm not sure on that part.

And what about Lava Mode? You didn't take that code from ATUG?

From what I remembered, Feng created lava mode by himself. He just took the idea.
Miracle

Postby Accelevi » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:05 pm

Alright, but what about the first part I said?
I'm pretty sure those modders were able to develop code that would be beneficial to Feng/the game if added into each mod.

So for example, once the modder that was developing code so it would open the browser upon mod open was done, they said they would make instructions as well as put the code, so every modder/aspiring modder could see it and input it into their own mod, and from that point on, all mods would have to have that code to be approved.
For the second thing, wouldn't code to be able to stop abusive mods be good?

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Innti » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:36 pm

Well, I'm currently giving Rice a bookmarklet that just replaces fengs game with the modded version on the webpage. So that Feng still gets revenue. If you want that to be made available I'm cool with that. Maybe even make it a sticky?
Innti

Postby Miracle » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:43 pm

Accelevi wrote:Alright, but what about the first part I said?
I'm pretty sure those modders were able to develop code that would be beneficial to Feng/the game if added into each mod.

So for example, once the modder that was developing code so it would open the browser upon mod open was done, they said they would make instructions as well as put the code, so every modder/aspiring modder could see it and input it into their own mod, and from that point on, all mods would have to have that code to be approved.

From what I remembered, Google ad doesn't allow anyone do embed ads in the program (that's why ad in downloaded version is not working). Im not sure about the method you state though.

Innti wrote:Well, I'm currently giving Rice a bookmarklet that just replaces fengs game with the modded version on the webpage. So that Feng still gets revenue. If you want that to be made available I'm cool with that. Maybe even make it a sticky?

That's cool, but will it violate the regulation by google ad (I'm not really sure)?
Miracle

Postby Accelevi » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:55 pm

It's not an ad in the program, it just inserts the mod into the webpage, if I remember correctly.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Innti » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:46 pm

It replaces fengs game from loading by using the modded version. You just repack it into a unity3d file and change the jquery function.

So it will allow people to use mods and still be on the webpage. Also will let mac users have mods without using workarounds since its the webplayer file.

I think that would let mods like that to be linked since they are still supporting Feng by letting Feng still have the ad support.

Been showing rice how to make a GUI menu and use player prefs to save user inputted configs to replace the cfg files that Exes use.
Innti

Postby Noodler » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:26 pm

Mods on the webpage I am really wet right now.
I never liked mods as cool as TPS fix is, I'm just uncomfortable with anything but the browser since there's the awkward black screen, and I don't have to alt tab all the time.
If you can't prove if it's modded or not when submitting highscores to the scoreboard it could be a bit problematic though.
Noodler

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:33 pm

If the integrity of the game's future is on the line, I don't think anyone gives a fuck about scoreboard.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Innti » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:36 pm

Could make the webpage say MOD in big red letters and say mod in the actual version.
Innti

Postby fenglee » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:25 pm

Accelevi wrote:Alright, but what about the first part I said?

thanks for the idea,but actually I would rather not, because ad revenue comes from clicking the ads, you open the browser and do nothing is just a waste of transfer. but do remember that I am not encourage players to click the ad intentionally just try to help me,actually it's not working and Google can judge and maybe ban my ad account for that. so if you play the mod, just play it,no need to open the browser, so it will only just cost the photon cloud server, for multiplayer.For photon cloud server I bought a 2000 CCU plan, actually it's about 3000 CCU now.
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
死亡是永恒的宁静而生就意味着战斗
fenglee
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Staff Announcements 2 - Where you can contribute!