CHANGE TO MOD RULE

( ・・)σ Make sure you stay up to date on these. You CAN reply to threads here.
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: CHANGE TO MOD RULE

Postby Accelevi » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:38 pm

Feng isn't rude, he's almost entirely the opposite.
He's nice to the point of naivety.
I'm on the fence about the greed part, but I'm considering he's probably lazy sometimes, not that I blame him, with how much he has to go through anyways.

Terra, take your salt out of here, we don't need it.
Thanks.

And if it's really such a big problem, we can just agree to donate even something small (like a dollar) a month or something, and with the number of active users, it'll help pay for the rising cost a bit. (Idea suggested by Iskandar)

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Miu » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:44 pm

There will be more visitors if he makes small and frequent updates instead of big and rare updates. People always like new updates, no matter what it is.
Last edited by Miu on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miu

Postby Terramort » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:07 pm

Miu hit the nail on the head. If Feng would give us a little update every Sunday with just minor upgrades done over the week, this wouldn't be happening. People would keep their interest up, Feng would have to actually do some things every week (even if it's tiny, like just letting us look straight up/down or something), and the mods would continually lag behind, encouraging users to go the website.

I actually like you guys, but I dunno how you can defend Feng's decisions here when said, and I quote: "Quit waiting for update and go back to school"
Terramort

Postby Noodler » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:27 pm

Terramort wrote:Miu hit the nail on the head. If Feng would give us a little update every Sunday with just minor upgrades done over the week, this wouldn't be happening. People would keep their interest up, Feng would have to actually do some things every week (even if it's tiny, like just letting us look straight up/down or something), and the mods would continually lag behind, encouraging users to go the website.

I actually like you guys, but I dunno how you can defend Feng's decisions here when said, and I quote: "Quit waiting for update and go back to school"

Agreed.

If he just releases a new char or something when he makes us wait ages, I'd be a lot happier.
Noodler

Postby Miracle » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:56 pm

Terramort wrote:Miu hit the nail on the head. If Feng would give us a little update every Sunday with just minor upgrades done over the week, this wouldn't be happening. People would keep their interest up, Feng would have to actually do some things every week (even if it's tiny, like just letting us look straight up/down or something), and the mods would continually lag behind, encouraging users to go the website.

I'm pretty sure that unless the update is done every day or two days, the mod can be done and released within few hours after the update (especially the abusive one).
Miracle

Postby Miu » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:09 pm

People use mods because they don't have updates.
Give people updates, they won't use mods.
Even if you can make a mod that early, most of the players will still play on the page.
Miu

Postby Accelevi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:28 pm

People use mods because updates don't have those features.
And some features are things that won't ever be added.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Miu » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:58 pm

I guess you're right.
What I was trying to say is that people would be more attracted to what's in the update instead of the features that are not in the game.
Miu

Postby Ghosthunter » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:14 pm

Miu wrote:I guess you're right.
What I was trying to say is that people would be more attracted to what's in the update instead of the features that are not in the game.

You would be surprised at how people think.If everyone thought like you we wouldn't have so many abusive modders.
Ghosthunter

Postby Innti » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:33 am

People use mods for two reasons, 1. Because it adds to the game or 2. to be a troll. Neither of those reasons would change with more updates.
Innti

PreviousNext

Return to Staff Announcements 2 - Where you can contribute!